It's that time of the year again when everyone starts school again.
That means two things for me
1. I have the house to myself from 8-3, which I absolutely love.
2. I'm done with my summer job.
Anyway, my siblings started school on Wednesday. Poor Alison was terrified.
The high schoolers.
Nate's last year in Elementary School!
My mom and I celebrated by going shopping and hitting some awesome deals at Loft.
I also received a lovely surprise in my email confirming that we are for sure to going to NYC. I have been bugging my dad all summer about going to New York. His reasoning against it is he goes all the time for work. Now that school is just about to start for me, my mom finally convinced him. Since the ninos/nina started already it will just be my mom, Morgan, Payson and I going. I am so excited though! It will be my first time and I already have a long list of everything I want to do!
Anyway back to school, Alie ended up coming up the most happy. She knew someone in every class and had plenty of cute boys in her lunch and seminary. Hearing her talk about it all made me miss high school for the first time. I wouldn't go back, but it was so fun seeing all your friends every single day. Plus having such easy access to all the cute boys. Live it up Al.
Today (Thursday) I definitely caught up on my sleep. I slept 11 hours. Too much!
When my mom got back from a doctor's appt, we (plus Morgan) went to the temple. They did the big kid stuff while I did baptisms. I was literally the only person there. Everyone is A) in school B) at the Gilbert temple. Honestly though, the Mesa Temple is my temple. I love it so much. There is such a special spirit there. I love all the cute old workers that are just so happy to have me there. It is the best.
I got in and out in 20 minutes. I figured they (my familia) would be awhile but hopefully not too long. I walked around the temple 2 times (fairly slow), and then sat on a somewhat shaded bench. A half hour later I went into the visitor's center because I was dying of heat. Finally after 1 whole hour of waiting they were done. Never wait for people doing "the big kid stuff" again. At least not in an AZ summer. Oh and my hair was dry in 20 minutes. Quite the accomplishment considering it was still dripped when I walked out.
On the bright side I got some solid reading in and I met the happiest hermana in the visitor center.
I also had a sweet realization: no matter what time of the year, there are ALWAYS yellow flowers. It is the perfect place to honor/remember JaKelle.






0 comments:
Post a Comment