August 14, 2014

Last weekend we were right back up in Utah again. My cousin Mikell got married on Saturday so we flew up Friday when the kids got off school.



My dad always puts Alie and I together which is both smart and dumb. I should have counted how many times Morgan told us "Shhhh, you're being loud". 


When we were checking in, Alie thought it would be funny to take the baggage tags and use them as bracelets. She was very generous and shared with me as well. 

Funny story: Nate is terrified of flying. He thinks he will die of turbulence. Well he was sitting next to DJ and DJ fell asleep. To "prevent the plane from running out of power", he turned off their air. HAHAHA!!!!!!! DJ woke up hot and not pleased. We were all cracking up at his logic though.



It took an hour to get our rental car because it "wasn't ready so, many snap chats were taken. Oh and I also found out my data was 75% used. That was awful news considering my grandparents don't have wifi and I still had a week and a half til the next month starts. 

Anyway we eventually made it to my grandparents and 10:30. 


This is what family scripture study looks like when you tell us all to come into one room. 


The following day my mom went to the wedding luncheon. Then Payson, Morgan, Alie and I went back to the airport to pick up my dad (he was on a work trip in New York). On our way home we fed my dad's addiction of Costa Vida. I had a realization that we were no longer in AZ, when I ordered a cheese crisp (for nate not myself) and they gave me a funny look. 

The rest of the day, us kids were abandoned. Morgan and Payson went to help someone move into their house and the parents were off somewhere. So no tv, wifi, car, etc meant game day all day. We love games so it was great. Alie and I played 4 rounds of Phase 10, and then everyone played a few rounds of Rage. I tried to persuade the kids to walk a mile with me to get THE BEST cookies, but no one would do it. Lazy children. 

Finally around dinner time they picked us up and we headed to the wedding. 

It was absolutely beautiful. It was at the Lion House which is on Temple Square. It was an outside venue, but the weather was perfect. 

They also had the best doughnuts (sorry Syd). 

I asked Payson to take a picture of us girls with Mikell but that wasn't a good idea. While we were waiting for our turn, he went to town with the pictures. 










Thanks Payse. 




My cousin has been dating her now husband since she was a sophomore in high school. They dated two years, she waited 2 years and now they are married. As you can imagine their wedding video was long, but it was fun to see them "grow up" together. 

Their exit consisted of us blowing bubbles at them. After that the kids and Payson started attacking Morgan. She is the oldest but she is also just too easily teased.

 





 Once most people left, we stayed to help clean up. By the time we got out it was about 10:30 but none of us had eaten dinner. So we went to Village Inn. 







The following day we woke up and went to my grandparent's ward. 

It was a good reminder to "lift where you stand" which is perfect with the new school year approaching. 

After church we ate a huge lunch, flew home and then enjoyed our Sunday night. 




Monday

Morgan got her wisdom teeth out. She just kept laughing and was pretty dramatic. 

When she came home, we spent the day watching One Tree Hill. I also got some awesome feedback of what to do in NYC. So I tried to multitask planning the trip and watching the show. 


Tuesday

I finally got to be reunited with my favs. 

Sarah recently went to Europe so I was excited to hear about her adventures. 

I also haven't seen Kelley in about month, so I was excited to catch up with her as well. I'm still used to her being just a few houses down. I miss having her so close (even though she really doesn't live that far now). 

We were going to swim but we got a crazy thunderstorm instead. So we went to Kelley's house and chatted. It's crazy how everything just picks up, like we didn't even skip a beat. 





We all hated this pose, but whatevs. We do what Vanita tells us. ;)



Wednesday


I got an email from Old Navy about this awesome deal they were having, so I dragged Alison along with me. 

Later that evening I was going to go on a bike ride, but my dad said I couldn't go alone. So once again I forced Alie to come with me. She liked it in the end though. 



She decided to ride in the water… It was way too deep!


Bike rides are seriously my favorite. They are my happy place. 



While we were riding, Vanita finally woke up from her nap and came over! So we drove back and got her a bike. Then all the pictures really started. Alie and I also showed her our secret little park.






This time they really rode through the water. Their legs were soaked. So once we got home we took a swim in my neighbor's pool. 


We tried to do a self timer on these floaties but Vanita was never satisfied. That was half the fun though. The other half was trying to stay on. 







(Not posed). 

To finish off the night we took a trip to Nielson's to get some fries with their yummy fry sauce. It's been a great week! Probably one of the best this whole summer. 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. It's okay Lauren, I've worked at Krispy Kreme for too long to still think they have the best doughnuts

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top