November 22, 2013

This post is about so many different things, so I was struggling with a title. I decided to just put today's date. Sorry for the lack of creativity.

Wednesday was the definiton of chill.

I went to Steph's institute class after lunch. Brother Bauer just blows my mind! I don't understand how he knows so many random facts, but he rocks! I also don't know why I have yet to have a class with him. This will change next semester!

After class, Steph got crafty again! Look at this cute banner she made!!


Then we addressed some letters! 

I texted my previous YW Pres to ask for her address and she asked if I was engaged! 

She is going to be a little let down when she sees what I really sent her. 

Side note: As I was driving today, I heard a song on the radio, and I fell in love with it. I shazamed it and was shocked to see it was a song by One Direction. Everyone needs to listen to it, it's called, "Story of My Life". So good!! 

Anyway later that evening I went to a lesson with the missionaries. The investigators name is Alex and it was his very first lesson!! He is really smart, and is totally just understanding everything! He also has the cutest southern accent. I hope Sheridan comes home with one :) 

Once I got home from the lesson, we had some guests over! Steph was brilliant and decided we should watch hunger games again before the second one comes out. Idk how much we actually watched it though. We were all talking the whole time. 


Thursday was solid. 

I actually did my hair. I always allow myself to sleep in those extra 20 minutes rather than do my hair. So it was nice to feel like a girl again. 

Some "famous interpreter" came to UofA, and some of us got to go to lunch with them. It was a privlidge for us, but to top it off, they paid for everyone's lunch! I'm still not sure if it was money from within my major or out of their pocket, but either way, it was really nice. 

After lunch, they came into my class to tell about themselves and their "legacy". It was a good class. 


The last two classes were boring, but once they were over, the party started!! 

My dad has a client in Tucson, but he finished before I got out of class. So he waited an hour and a half for me so he could take me to dinner. It was fun to talk, but he forgot to ask his traditional questions, "how is your car, do you still like your phone, do you use your ipad....etc 

After din, I met up some peeps to see the newest Hunger Games! 




Who can find Steph??


I went to the bathroom, and found my backpack flipped inside out. I didn't even realize it was my backpack at first. 


The movie was really good though!!! I really liked it! I feel like I need to see it again though. Just so my mind can be blown again! I read the books, and I still loved it! 


Friday. 

I drove to practicum this morning, which meant I had to be awake by 630. I arrived, waited for the interpreter, and then she finally showed up right before class started. Turns out the student was ditching all day, so we had to drive right back. I wasn't even mad that I had wasted all that gas, I was just worried about getting hours. So of course I called my mother to vent. 

Once I got home, I got some homework done, but the rain put me in such a lazy mood. I didn't want to do anything. My roomies eventually decided to have a "How I Met Your Mother" marathon. Best idea of the day. 


Finally in the pm, I got ready for the "ice cats"/hockey game. 

First we went to the dollar tree to get a stuffed animal. At the end of the game, we got to throw them onto the ice, and they were donated to children. 


We lost the game but the company made it fun of course! Towards the end, I wasn't even watching. We were playing a game of who could name the song first! 

After the game, we went to In-n-out! 

Here are pictures from the night. 







It was a good night and a start to a great weekend! 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top