Sunday.
Alie and Nate tend to wrestle with me.
This time, I somehow ended up the champ. Nate stole the cushion... poor Alie.
After playing with the kids, <3 VANITA <3 (this is your shoutout), Anneliese and I walked around the temple. I miss that place, I need to go again when I can actually go inside.
They are already setting up the Christmas lights and it is making me so excited!!!
Monday.
Having days off are the best thing ever.
I woke up, did some homework and then I was off to play.
Vanita and I hit the town!
This wig DISGUSTING!!!!
We take no shave november seriously.
Vanita has the best laugh.
Our food babies.
We ended off the day with Gecko Grill with my mother and Alison.
Which is always great food, and in this case, great company!
This blog post would not be appropriate if I didn't end off with acknowledging all those that have defended our country.
Veteran's Day is fun to spend time with those we love, but I also think it's important to remember those we have lost.
My sweet great grandpa worked on the panes in the war. He definitely sacrificed many things, like missing out on some of his children being born, but he knew he needed to help defend our country.
We were talking about him during our dinner tonight, we found the perfect words to describe him: happy, loving and kind. I remember everytime we would go to his house, he would give us an ice cream cone and a sucker. He always had the best stories. I am so grateful I was able to spend time with him on this earth.
I have also had the privlidge of meeting the famous "candy bomber".
He flew planes in the war, but he brought some light to it. He would drop candy in little parachutes for the children. The kids would watch for his plane everyday, and then get so excited when he would come. You can read his whole story here.
http://www.lds.org/new-era/1977/12/the-candy-bomber
Thank you to everyone who has sacrificed themselves to protect our country.















0 comments:
Post a Comment