July 26, 2015

Monday: 

I had every intention of going to my FHE (after being gone for 2 months), but instead I did stuff with my family. We ate at a German restaurant that DJ's been dying to try. It was weird but not awful. Our waitress acted like a German- straight to the point and kind of rude. 
I realized I would not be cut out for Germany. 
After dinner, we went across the street to Baskin Robbins. 
It's my mom's favorite and yet I've only gone twice in my life time. 



Tuesday and Wednesday I wasn't feeling too hot.


Thursday:

I started working with Jayne again.  


Last summer she was really frustrated and it was really hard to work with her. 
Now she is an angel and so obedient. 


Thursday night, Nate wanted to go swimming, SO BAD, and already made arrangements to go swimming at a neighbor's house. They couldn't find an adult to take them and after 10 minutes of begging, I finally gave in. Even though I only like swimming when I can get a tan :)


Friday: 

Morgan and Payson were in town. 
We were going to go to Sunsplash but we didn't get out of bed early enough. 
Instead we swam at my neighbor's extravagant pool. Later we realized how were all a little burnt. 


Saturday:

The boys went golfing REALLY early. 
Meanwhile we slept in, got ready slow, then got manicures. 


Right when I got home, I went to work with Jayne. 

DJ's farewell was that weekend, so we had some family in town from Utah. 
We had a little dinner with them and my aunt brought cheesecake. :)

I was pretty wiped out by the time everyone left. 
I stayed home, painted my toes, watched a show with Nate, picked out my outfit for church, cleaned my room and watched a little Grey's Anatomy. 



DJ got home from his date at 12:30 and then the real party started. 
Alison, my mom and I cut up fruit for brunch the following day. 
He told us about his night and a certain lady he is going to miss. 



Once we got a big portion of the food ready, I tried to help DJ prepare his talk. 
He would talk and I would type. We were a great team. 

By 3:00, I called it a night. 


Sunday:

Did I mention his talk was at 8:30?
But we of course had to go early to "save seats". 

We all struggled getting up, but none of us were late! 

The opening hymn was: Come, Come, Ye Saints 
In the chorus it says, "All is well, all is well". 
At that point, I couldn't control my emotions and I started crying. 

Then I made the mistake and looked around. I saw a crowd full of people that love and support DJ. Then I cried once again. 

His talk was spot on. He has such a deep relationship with Christ and Heavenly Father. 
He is going to be an amazing missionary because of this. 
I am SO proud to be his sister. 


(Right before this picture was another crying sesh)



These two are so different in their personalities but they are BFFs. I love their relationship and I'm so glad they are so close. She adores him, and he looks after her. 



After DJ's talk, we had a brunch at my house. 
I loved catching up with friends and family. 
It did my heart some good. 


I had to leave the party early to attend more church. 
I went to my singles ward and I'm so glad I did. 
One of my friends did a musical number and signed a song. 
It was BEAUTIFUL and I cried once again. 
Seeing something in another language always pulls more meaning. 

I left my ward early, and rushed over to Grayson's homecoming. 
I found some high school "girl friends" and they were sweet and made room for me. 
It was fun catching up with them and seeing some since they got back from their missions! 

Grayson did a fabulous job. He definitely has a way with words. It was good seeing him again!! 


After socializing for a bit at Graysons, I rushed over to my last church service- Tommy's homecoming. In typical Tommy fashion, he didn't really invite anyone. But I invited myself and went! Tommy is brilliant and of course his talk was perfect. 
I've missed his humor. It was fun catching up with him, Alex and the Clouse twins. 



Today definitely made up for my lack of being social throughout the week! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top