DC Day 5

DC Day 5

We slept in, packed up and walked over to the Holocaust Museum. I wasn't super excited about it because I knew it would be depressing. The first side of the Museum we went into was really cool. It showed a real boy's life before the holocaust. His father helped fight right before, so they were sent to "Ghettos". Eventually he did end up in one of the camps but he survived. It was heartbreaking but wasn't as depressing. As we went throughout the museum, it was just too much to handle.







After 3 hours at the museum, we decided to try a chinese restaurant that said it was right by our hotel. We could NOT find the stupid thing! The map app lead us across the street to the middle of the park. We were so confused! Eventually we realized it was attached to the top of our hotel! EVEN BETTER- THERE WAS A WHOLE FOOD COURT. Of course we didn't find it until 1 hour before we left. 



I was so excited to finally be home!! Unfortunately, our flight got delayed a few hours. 
We had some cute missionaries coming home and they kept us entertained, so that made it a little better! 
One went to MHS with me (I just knew of him in high school), Ben Cluff and the other went to Desert Ridge but I can't remember his name. 




We finally got home at 10pm AZ time, but 1 am Philly time, so I was beat.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top