1. I got a new phone!! I got the iphone 6! Unfortuanately, I got kicked off my parent's plan so now I am becoming an adult.
2. I went to institute on Thursday with Melissa. It was fun to see people my age and catch up with her. DJ was also in the class, but he didn't want to go with me (he had a cute girl with him ;) ).
3.
My dad's parents, and all his siblings live in Utah. So every summer, we take a trip up there! It is quite the experience.
We drove up on Friday morning at 5 am! Alie and I both had about 2 hours of sleep, but I don't think either of us slept very much in the car.
Alie was mad I didn't include her in the selfie.
They are crazy.
They made their own fun by making a "fort" with my hammock.
When we arrived, we briefly unpacked, ate dinner, went to the grocery store, picked up Morgan and Payson in Salt Lake and stopped at Swig on the way home. I'm obsessed with their cookies and now I got my whole family hooked too.
Saturday.
My cousin is leaving on his mission next Wednesday, and DJ is leaving soon too :( so we took a temple trip. Most everyone did other temple work, but Alie, Nate and my cousin and I were able to do baptisms for family names. Then we hurried home to get ready!
We had family pictures later that day, so we were forced to actually get ready.
I curled my moms hair and my dad LOVED it. He was like a cute little school boy and took a picture of her.
Once everyone was back from the temple, we went to an Italian Restaurant. Everyone still kind of sits with their immediate family. We are stupid.
As soon as lunch was finished, we had to do touch ups, then we drove to meet our photographer. (We decided 2 days before to get family pictures and found her via insta)!
We don't have the pictures yet, but I'm sure they will be shared when we get them!
Payson and Morgan had to head back after, but first we took a stop at Ice Berg.
Then the kids jumped in one of the big trucks with "The Lotts" and they drove to Rexburg.
I spent my evening watching High School Musical 3 and half of Dear John. :)
Sunday.
We went to church but beforehand my dad told me it was Elder Holland's Ward. I was PRAYING he would be there. Elder Packer's funeral was the day before, so I thought there would be a good chance he'd be there. Nope. Wasn't there. Later we found out he lives in SLC now. Of course.
The rest of the day was great! We ate dinner, and then I set up my hammock outside. My family all decided to read the Book of Mormon before DJ leaves. We are all pretty behind, so I took this time to try to read as much as I could.
Side story: My grandparents have a dog and occassionally they let him outside in his huge wired fence. Anyway, there is a deer that always charges at the cage. DJ and I witnessed this face off. The dog, Max, is just happy to have a friend.
Well while sitting in my hammock, I remembered that psycho deer, and started imagining it trying to attack me. Whenever I heard the slightest noise, I jerked around.
Besides freaking out about the deer, it was very relaxing.
It was also great thinking time to decide if I should move or stay in AZ.
I never really take naps, but I was so relaxed that I took a two hour nap after. I probably could have slept through the night too.
Except I was dumb and drank soda, and then I was up til like 3.
Monday.
I was awoken at 6, and then we got in the car and drove to Rexburg. It's about a 3 hour drive from Bountiful. We arrived at Morgan and Payson's house, got ready for the day, and then my mom and I went grocery shopping for Morgan. I still wasn't sure if I was going to take a job in Rexburg, but I hoped seeing the town would help me decide.
Our hotel was in the neighboring town, Idaho Falls, which is also where Morgan works.
So we picked up the kids at Morgan's apartment, drove to Idaho Falls to eat lunch with Morgan then checked in to our hotel.
We were all pretty tired, plus excited to have wifi again (my grandparents don't have any wifi) so we just chilled in there for 2 hours.
Eventually we got out of the hotel and explored the pretty river.
I decided if I chose to move to Rexburg, this would be my place of refuge.
That evening, Morgan made us delicious tacos (she really is a great hostess), Payson showed us BYU-I, played in their game room, and watched some baseball hitting thing with famous people.
Tuesday.
I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog yet....I was offered a job interpreting at BYU-I.
The social aspect of that sounds GREAT!! I don't have much of a social life in Mesa but I also feel like I haven't really given it much of chance since graduating. It was a big decision!
I tried to be really prayerful but I felt like I wasn't really getting an answer about what to do. The worst part is, I was on a time crunch. I either needed to sign a contract with my previous interpreting job, or let them know I wouldn't be taking it. I felt like I couldn't act until I felt more clarity. I brought the contract up with me in hopes I would decide.
I had high hopes that seeing BYU-I, I would be able to feel something and just know. Instead I felt nothing. Which can be a good sign sometimes. Well the next morning I woke up and just felt good. I sent out a group text to all my immediate family members and told them my decision.
Since making that decision, it is all I can think about. I have so much to do before then!
Once we finally got ready for the day, we got lunch at Jimmy Johns, and then I went to a store recommended by Payson/Morgan to get winter clothes. Luckily everything was like 40% off. I took advantage of it and bought 2 real winter coats and boots.
Housing Mess Part 1
My friend Mallory, lives up there and said I could live with her. At BYU, if you take an institute class, you are allowed to live in student housing. I decided I wasn't going to explain my whole situation and just let it all play out. It worked! I signed a contract, toured the place and payed the deposit.
Later I get a call asking for my BYU-I email. I explain my situation and tell them I will try to get an email. I call my supervisor and she doesn't answer. So I text her and ask if I'll be able to get an email. She said she is out of town, and will have to see when she gets back. Goodness gracious.
I decided to just go straight to the issue. I called HR to see what they could do for me. They told me I won't be able to live in student housing, or they will be audited. STUPID. So now I may not be able to live in student housing but there was still a chance I could get an email.
I was feeling really discouraged and my day was pretty much ruined.
Okay my day got a little better...
We met up with an old ward friend, Nichole and her boyfriend. We got to catch up on her life and enjoy Costa Vida. It was great!
On our way home, kind of on impulse, we stopped by our relative's house. They were called on a couple's mission to the same exact mission as DJ! How fun huh! The mom is my grandma's cousin, so we've actually never met them. It was great socializing with them.
On our way back to Utah, we decided I need a picture with a BYU-I sign to announce my decision.
Wednesday.
I was still in Rexburg mode. I wanted to get as much done as I could, so I insisted we go to the mall to buy some winter clothes. It was actually smart because all winter clothes are at least 40% off!
The kids went and saw Jurassic World, which was smart because then everyone was happy.
Mom went with me and she is the best shopping helper. She found so many cute things.
Thursday.
I woke up feeling gross. I was supposed to go to Provo, but it kind of fell through.
Instead I spent the afternoon looking up places to live on the "Community List". If I was discouraged before, I now felt an all time low.
A) A lot of the housing is meant for married couples or new families.
B) There were a few places with 1 Bedroom but I didn't want to live alone and it was way more than I could afford.
C) Most places gave me a weird sketchy vibe.
There was only place that made me feel at peace but they didn't answer when I called.
I wanted to give up. I was NOT about to live in those places.
I did more research about BYU-I housing and found out that they meet every week to discuss "exceptions". I wrote a thorough letter about my experience and started praying they would have open hearts.
I spent the rest of the day trying to chill. I played "BS" with my siblings (lost pretty bad) and then I kicked their trash in "Rage".
Later the kids went to another movie, but I decided to stay to spend time with my grandma and clean. Whenever we stay with my grandparents, we always deep clean their house and since I was ditching out early, I needed to get it done before.
Friday.
{I decided to fast that the housing people would have soft hearts.}
While getting ready, the one place on the "community housing list" that didn't creep me out, called me back! We chatted and he told me more about the house. I was still holding out for the other and told him I'd get back to him.
My mom was so sweet and drove me over to Provo.
Sheridan and I ran some errands.
She had to fill stuff out for her new job.
In the meantime, I visited with Tiff while she was on her break.
Then I checked my email...
Housing Mess Part 2:
I had an email from the housing people. It started with "Congratulations!" How hopeful, huh! But no, they were congratulating me on my job. They weren't going to make an exception.
I decided the call that morning was still an answer to my fast. Heavenly Father was still aware.
I called that guy back and told him I wanted it!
I'm still bummed I won't be right in the center of BYU-I wards, but I'm sure I'll still figure out how to socialize with everyone.
Once Sher was done, we picked up Sarah and got Waffle Love (it was 3 and my fast was over).
I have never actually been and of course I LOVED it!
Sheridan had to go to work for 4 hours, but Sarah and I stayed at her house. Haha.
Sarah had homework and I spent time talking to Tiff, and looking up bedding for my new room. :)
At 8 we met up with Anneliese and Sheridan at Gurus for dinner!
I went last time I was in Provo and loved it! So I insisted we go again!
We had lots of laughs.
After we were done eating, we went to sodalicious. Sheridan insisted it is better than Swig so I had to try it. Boy oh boy! I loved their drinks! They are better than Swig, but Swig's sugar cookies are much better! This time I was smart and only ate a bite of my cookie and saved the rest for later.
We spent the evening watching Sheridan go crazy on karaoke, and then marathoning Euporea DVDS. Sheridan and I stayed up til 4:30 doing so. Just like old times.
Saturday.
I actually only got 4 hours asleep and then my family picked me up to drive to Saint George.
First we stopped at Swig to buy cookies for the remainder of our trip. 3rd time going. No regrets.
The drive to Saint George was fun (probably because I was on more caffeine) and we jammed out to Kelly Clarkson, HSM and Camp Rock. Haha!
Once we got to the hotel, we met up with my dad and then went to Texas Roadhouse with my aunt and cousin! They are hoots! So funny!
Sunday.
Alie and I slept in til 11, and then got ready for church.
My cousin had his farewell and did fabulous! He didn't really plan on serving a mission but he obeyed when he felt like he should. Good for him! He will do great!
The drive home felt extra long. I was just so ready to be home after 2 months (Philly, DC, Utah).
These next few weeks are going to be crazy. DJ leaves in 16 days :( so we will have a lot of family in town and lots to do to help him get off.
Plus I need to get a lot before I leave. A trip to Tucson will be in there somewhere :)
I was kind of a grouch most of the trip, but now that I'm home and I've figured out all the housing, it should be better!










0 comments:
Post a Comment