Bye Bye Philly

Hi.

I failed to write for awhile because I got sick and didn't have the energy/motivation to write something. After 4 days of house arrest, I was finally back at it. 

I have a story really fast. One of the days I was sick, I was home alone. I heard REALLY strong wind, so I looked on my phone to see if there were any weather warnings. Sure enough, there was a TORNADO warning! UMM WHAT???? I was freaking out. The lights kept flickering, I was on the top floor, and I could hear sirens consistently driving down the street. I knew enough to go downstairs, but there aren't any rooms without windows...

I lived. Don't worry. The funny part is, everyone was totally normal about it. It was no big deal to them. 





1. I went to a Dave Matthews Band Concert! Someone in my ward said he had cheap tickets to the concert, so I jumped on it! I really only knew 3 songs, but thought it would be fun! Unfortunately, they didn't play any of the songs I knew, but I really enjoyed it! I mean who wouldn't enjoy a concert anyway? Plus they are really talented! The only bad thing was, we didn't get home til 2:30! 






2. It POURED on Saturday and kind of ruined our plans. Instead we drove around in all the puddles, listened to Frozen, and got dinner. Plus a treat after at Vanita's boss' bakery! 


That's a huge tree branch FYI.


Once Vanita was off, we drove out to the boy's house, and then went to the movies to see, "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl". It had a handful of inappropriate references, but I liked this guy's perspective. I find it interesting how differently people handle grief. 

I think we got back to Vanita's sometime after 2, so we (Morgan, Abby and I) all slept there. 



3. My last Sunday at church was great. People were extra friendly because I was there by myself. Plus everyone knew it was my last week, so that naturally makes people even more sentimental. 
After church, we usually walk around Philly, but my phone didn't have much battery so I figured I should just go home. 

That evening, I realized I needed a little place of refuge. All the posts about gay marriage were overwhelming me. I hated seeing all the fighting and harsh posts. I decided to take time outside and sit on the porch swing. I was able to write in my journal and spend some time in the scriptures. It was exactly what I needed. 


4. For the past 3 weeks, I haven't been able to take the kids out because of Bryn's camp. Her being at camp all morning was great, don't get me wrong! It allowed me time to spend it with just Trip and clean while he was napping. But I hated not being able to explore the city with them. 
Anyway, now that she is home, we took full advantage of the Lubert's pool/Vanita's house. The kids LOVE it and it wipes em out for nap time. Plus I really like it too. 



Trip's first time in the pool! He was in HEAVEN! Which didn't surprise me because he loves the bath tub. 





Ps "Mimi" (I get in trouble when I call her grandma) said we need to take pictures so I can post more on facebook. So she took this. Haha. I don't think I need help posting more though! 


5. TREATS. 

We get "a treat" pretty regular. Haha. It's kind of sad how often. 
This week, I finally tried "water ice". In my opinion, it's basically smoother shaved ice. It was really refreshing AND super cheap! 



Emmi. She loves food more than we do. Haha. But really, if we are ever hiding a snack, she always notices and asks for some. Smart little girl. 


This is Chase. He has his own nanny, but sometimes Vanita offers to take him. 



Treats part 2

There is a REALLY good ice cream place called Franklin Fountain.
It's pretty vintage and cute. 





7. Today was my last full day with the kids. Tomorrow I will work til nap time, then take a train to DC. Unfortunately, I was kind of cranky the first half of the day. I slept at Vanita's the night before since it was "our last night together in Philly" and didn't get much sleep. I think I was also cranky because I was a little overwhelmed with needing to do laundry, then pack everything. 

After Trip's first nap, I got out of my cranky pants, and took them to the park! Bryn is usually shy and clings to my hip, but she actually went and played! I was so proud of her. I got so many compliments from other mommys on "my kids". Haha. 

The park was perfect because they slept great and even longer than usual! Which meant I got to plan the DC trip a little more while they napped. 

Once they woke up, we comprised by doing something Trip likes- a walk, and then something Bryn likes- playing outside. 



I'm definitely going to miss these kids. 
I can't believe those 38 days are already over. 
 I have loved my time in Philly. 
It's definitely one for the books. 








PS I think my dad liked his father's day gift. 
PC: Alie








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top