DC Day 1

Getting to DC:
I worked until noon and then said goodbye to the family. I was sad, but I think I didn't really hit me yet. The mother was sweet and cried as she gave me a hug goodbye.



I wanted to get all ready and cute for my only picture with both kids, but it didn't happen. Plus I figured this is what I look like everyday anyway. 


The family headed to the shore, and then I had two hours to get ready, finish packing and eat lunch. It was a bit crazy but I made it in time. Vanita had to drive down from the shore to meet me, and then go to the train station. We didn't realize she would hit traffic, and so we were a bit behind schedule. We used an uber car, and he was the SLOWEST driver. We missed our train by 5 minutes. 


I was super stressed out and worried we would have to wait another hour plus pay for another ticket. Thankfully they have a nice transfer system and we only had to wait 20ish minutes for the next train. 
I had so much luggage, it was the worst carrying it throughout the train. Absolute worst. The aisles are not wide enough for big rolling bags and I had TWO! 

The whole train experience was awful. I sat next to a guy that hogged the outlets and had his feet in my space. Plus the minute the train left, i felt sick. I was also antsy about seeing my family and leaving my bag on another "train car". 

By 8:00 we finally made it to DC. It was so nice to see my family again. 
In just 38 days, Nate has grown into a little man. 
Everyone else looks like the same. Haha. 
But it was fun to see them all again. 


View from our Hotel. 
PC: Alie. 



DC Day 1:

We planned to be up and ready by 8. My alarm went off at 7, and I knew there was no way Alison and Vanita would want to get up. I texted my mom and she said all the boys were asleep too. So we decided to just leave later. 

We had 2 hours before our first tour, so we decided to see the white house and walk around the city. HOLY COW. A) You have to be so far back. B) Did anyone know that Isis threatened to bomb DC/the white house on 4th of July. We are real smart being here right now. 




Right across the way was Washington Monument, so we got a picture with that too. 



Next on our list was the Ford's Theater (the place Lincoln was shot). 

We had some time to kill before our tour, so I took advantage of some shopping time. :)




Like how the sign says, "Family Circle". Haha. 


So the Ford's theater was amazing. 
We got these headsets that give you a little more info about the museum.





I have SO MUCH MORE respect for Abraham Lincoln. 
He had so much loyalty to the country and wanted it to be a good place. 
As a young boy, he saw slaves being sold and it broke his heart. 
When he became President, he wanted to abolish slavery but he didn't think it was possible. 
He planned it all out, and created the emancipation act at the perfect time. 
When the Civil War was over, the people that were previously slaves bowed to him, and he humbly gave the glory to God. What a man. 

Also their "golden child" passed away at the age of 11. 

He worked so hard and was bold. 

The man who assassinated Abraham, John Wilkes Booth, was actually a very famous actor. 
In today's world, he would have been like Brad Pitt (Or Tom Pitt as my dad accidentally called him).
He hated Lincoln because of his opinion on slavery. 

I love Lincoln because he faced things head on, and took it like a champ. 



Behind us talks about how much Abraham loved the theater. He would allow himself a little break/good laugh every once in awhile. 



We took a million pictures with this picture of him. 
He's so handsome and we all have such an admiration for him now. 
He is a true. devoted, faithful individual. 




Hats off to you. 





None of my family had been to Shake Shack, so I made sure they all experienced it. 




HAHA. 




After lunch, we headed back to the hotel to get the car and change our clothes. 
Then we took a little through town to the Temple. 
WOW. It is huge and beautiful (of course). But really. So big. 
I'm so glad we got to spend time inside and remember what's really important. 






The real things that go down...

Shoutout to Alison for finding 31 family names. 






DC also has one of the best visitor centers I've ever seen (I've only been in 4-5 others).








After the temple, it was time to eat again. Haha. 
We went to some yummy restaurant, and ate way too much. 
The girls ditched out early and went shopping. 
I was super pumped for the 3 STORY Forever 21. 
We got there like an hour before it closed, so it was REALLY messy. 
Clothes all over the floors and just complete chaos (even for Forever 21). 
I didn't buy ONE THING. That is a first. 





If you have made it this far, congrats to you. 
Here are some more pictures from that day that are miscellaneous. 





















CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top