Bye Bye...

1. I decided I wanted to spend as much time with DJ as possible. So on Monday I asked him on a "date". I let him choose where to go, and of course he chose Freddys. I surprised him by letting him drive my new car too. (Nate ended up joining the fun so it was really a brother date).




We talked about what DJ wanted to do before he left and what his thoughts were. 
Nate told us about 7th grade and what he wanted to do before-mostly just excited about getting his schedule. He is ECSTATIC!!!


2. Jayne's family was out of town. So I worked A LOT of extra hours! I did my usual 5 hour shift, plus I slept over. I didn't mind sleeping there, but the morning shift was brutal. I would prefer to stay up all night with her than wake up at 6. I'm happy that shift is over! 


3. I got to go on a date and have a little break! Kent was able to come into town during his day off work. The whole date was so thoughtful! He is so kind. 

4. Lincoln Goodman got home!!!! FINALLY!!!! 
His family knew everyone would stop by to see him the minute they decided to have an open house! 
I drove over freaking out, SO EXCITED! 


It was weird because I was counting down til he got home, but that also meant DJ left 2 days later. 
So I was also wanting time to slow down. 



Back to all of DJ's happenings. Haha! 

On Sunday he had an open house! The house was full and HOT. So many kind people brought over treats so my mom wouldn't have to do as much. I love people. 



These cute cousins are so crafty. 








Monday consisted of packing. Well for mom and DJ. 






Did I mention DJ got a snapchat so he could talk to a certain someone on vacation in Europe?




Alie made us take a mirror selfie. 





Tuesday DJ, mom and grandpa went to the temple then brought us home In-N-Out (DJ's request)
Oh and on Monday night we went to Outback. One benefit of missions- a lot of "last meals". 





That evening we had a thanksgiving feast. 


We only got a picture of the pies, which were all homemade and delicious! 


After our feast, DJ got set apart. 



The stake president said he could facetime Morgan, which was nice so we could all "be together". 


We sang an opening hymn that DJ got to choose, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go". 
DJ had a tender look in his eyes as he sang. 
He knew it was true, but was also nervous. 
Alie and I sang the first 3 words and then quit. 
Too emotional. 

The blessing was so sweet. He is a special boy. 
I know he will be protected. 






That night we all slept in the same room, including Morgan. Haha. 

I didn't want to because I knew it would screw up my back and we wouldn't all fit. I was right but spending time with DJ was prime. 
We talked about our fears, and excitements. We ended with a group hug on the bed. 



Ps Morgan was snoring so we had to turn her down. HAHA. 
(You're welcome Morgan)





The Airport. 
The dreaded time. 

We woke up after fighting the alarm for 40 minutes. 
Mom made cookies and snuck them into his bag. 
Plus some yummy banana, chocolate chip pancakes. Mmmm. 

We had a sweet family prayer that brought us all to tears. 
We drove to the airport and I think Alie never stopped crying. 

There were two other missionaries on his flight. 
That was such a blessing because then he didn't have to go through security a mess. 





This is one of the "other families". Their son is somehow related to us and they are going to the exact same mission! Funny huh!! 





Lol. 



Alright he is so cute. 



 The other missionary will be serving in England!







She got mad at me for documenting everything. Haha. 







Nate said he couldn't "wait for him" to watch star wars. Haha. 











He pinky promised he would send at least one photo of himself every week. 





Looking at this still makes me cry. 



As we left the airport, my water works started. 
I'm going to miss my buddy. 

I have seen so many serve missions and fall in love with it.
Knowing he is going to be happy serving the Lord makes it a million times easier! 
But as we were walking, it really did feel like a piece of my heart was missing. 

The house is already too quiet. 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top