August 26, 2015

1. For those of you that heard me constantly contemplating about where to live/work; I've decided to take the job in Idaho! I decided 100% for real! Luckily I have 2.5 weeks to get ready! I have quite a lot to do before my trek, but I'm glad I have time. I'm also getting more excited now! It helps that I actually know people there compared to when I first moved to Tucson knowing no one.

2. My parents celebrated their 27th anniversary last weekend! My dad surprised my mom and took her away for the weekend! That meant I was left to be mom.

Thursday my mom duties were picking them up from school, getting dinner from costa vida, helping alison study for her spanish test, and going to curriculum night at Taylor Junior High for Nate! It was fun being in the "mom clique" with the moms in my home ward!

Friday my mom duties were less fun…Like waking up at 5 to get Al off to school. But it wasn't so bad being up early since I didn't have to actually get ready yet.
Once the kids were off, Sarah Campbell and I decided to go to the Phoenix Temple. I saw before it was dedicated but Sarah never got to see it.



It is pretty far (even for Phoenix) but it was so worth the trek.
The Phoenix Temple has so many unique details. I only wish it was closer. :)

After school- we got in-n-out for dinner, and I sent the kids off for the night.
I went to a "benefit concert" with Matt and EJ. I don't even know the last time I've seen them, so it was fun! Matt's crazy and was ready to go hard at clubs. Haha. EJ was the mediator.
Plus I had to be home at a decent hour to pick up Alie and be home with Nate.


3. Saturday was pretty busy. I worked with Jayne and then as soon as 4pm hit, I drove to Scottsdale! My grandma's friend had lined up a cheap photographer to take some family pictures. Well it fell through and they were desperate. So I agreed to do them with my mom's fancy camera.
#laurensphotography. Jokes.


My favorite one. 


I had to take advantage of being out in scottsdale so I treated myself to a sprinkles cupcake. :)


A half hour after I got home, I went to the stake talent show. Always a treat. HAHAHAHA. 
After that fun frenzy, I met up with some friends. We went to Mill to get slickables ("sandwiches that you can lick" aka ice cream sandwiches) and then Morgan serenaded us with his guitar. 


4. My grandparents 50th anniversary was last week. We celebrated on Sunday with a family party (we also celebrated in December in California). My grandma wanted it pioneer themed, so we all dressed up in pioneer clothes and ate "pioneer food". 











50 reasons we are glad they got married. ^^


5. Monday I interpreted at a school in Phoenix. The student was a joy and I had a good time. 
I have also been real good about attending FHE. Perfect timing before I leave, right?

6. One of my mom friends/fellow interpreters/previous neighbor asked if I'd like to watch her kids all day every tuesday. Of course I jumped on it so fast! I've watched her 2 kids before and I just love them. 



I had quite the workout playing with them all day. 
It was a good time. 



Good job on getting through all of it. 
I'll reward you with a little secret-I am chopping off my hair. 
This will be my third appt scheduled but I'm finally doing it! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top