1. The day DJ left, it felt kind of like he died. It was pretty sad and weird. When I got home that night, I pulled into the garage and saw his car. I thought to myself- oh good! He is home. I wanna hear about his night. Then I remember he is gone for 730 more days. Booo. Here are some cute pictures he sent in his first email.
Recognize his companion?
It's Elder Kennedy from Queen Creek!
The one that left with DJ that is our distant cousin!
Check out those selfie skills. So proud. :)
He had a hard time at first, but he is loving the food, playing soccer and is patient with the language.
Plus he loves being a missionary of course.
Todays pictures:
His district
See the heads popping out?
2. I have been in contact with an interpreting agency in the valley and I sub for interpreters when they need me. So I got to interpret for a student for 4 days last week. He is quite the character. He is a total boy. He didn't care to ever look at me and get instruction. Instead he talked about cars the whole class. Fun fact: his PE coach was the head coach for the cardinals in years past. Cool huh.
Interpreting is fun because you get little insights on people's lifes.
3. The kids started school and have been in school for a whole week now! I was working at a school the first few days they started, so we were all up early. Now I work with my cousin at 4:30 everyday, so I don't see them until the evening. Nathan is loving junior high and Alison is killing it with all her honors classes. I don't know how much she actually likes her schedule right now.
4. Ashlyn's bachelorette party. It was probably the best bachelorette party that the girls in my grade have had. We went to Cheesecake factory out in Chandler. Then we went to a hotel in Scottsdale. We played games (both clean), ate treats, opened gifts (lingerie), and played the "interview" game we always do. Jade asked Brooks a few questions ahead of time and Ashlyn has to guess the answers. If she is wrong, she has to chew gum. She had quite the mouthful at the end. It is always fun to hear the answers from both. Probably my favorite part of the night.
5. Recently I've been hanging out with Mesa High people. A lot of the boys are finally home and they've kind of brought us all together. Whenever we all hangout, it feels like high school. Kind of weird. They are always up for an adventure, so they are a good time.
This was from late night cliff jumping at the lake. Yikes!
6. Speaking of high school, I went to a Diamondbacks game with some of my closest guy friends from high school. Plus Shan who has always been a dear friend. The D-Backs actually had a REALLY good game! They killed the Phillys and we had awesome seats thanks to Tommy's dad winning something on Twitter. Haha.
7. Sheridan was in town for the weekend and Sarah is in town for 2 weeks! It is great!
Friday-
Sheridan and I ran errands all over town to get ready for Jena's baby shower
Then we went to lunch at BJS with Kel and Jena.
That evening we went to Ashlyn's wedding. This is going to sound dramatic but her marriage gave me hope. I've seen so many failed relationships recently because RMs are scared and want to date around. But with Ashlyn I saw her relationship progress from the beginning and so that showed me it happens.
We only spent an hour at the reception, then I hurried home!
I had a date with Lincoln, and we doubled with another couple. It was a good time and I felt lucky to spend time with Lincoln since everyone wants his attention right now!
Saturday-
Busy busy busy! At 8 am Kel, Sheridan, Capri (Sheridans' SIL) and I all prepped the food. Jena loves crepes and it was a morning baby shower, so we made her favorite. We had a good turnout and the food turned out yummy!
After we cleaned up, and Sher finally had time to do her hair, we went to Xaviers. We pulled up to the restaurant and we could tell it wasn't opened! WE WERE SO MAD. Then we realized they just moved two miles over to a bigger space!
That evening, Lincoln, Kel, Eric, Maren and I went to the Dierks Bentley Concert! But Maddie & Tae, Kip Moore and Caanan Smith all opened. It was such a great concert! Dierks put on a great show AND he is from AZ! So that was even more special.
Dierks is just an all around good guy.
He has so many deep songs but also a lot of fun ones to party and sing a long to!
Link was a sweetheart and bought Kel and I ice cream.
At the end of the night, Lincoln and I were dying from our allergies.
Note to self- ALWAYS BRING A BLANKET.
8. When I was in Philly, I was called in my Mesa ward to the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. I've been gone most of the summer, but I am finally trying to get to business now. It is definitely keeping me busy! Thankfully I have patient people that helping bring me up to speed.
9. Yesterday I took a secret trip to Tucson. It was secret in the sense that I didn't really tell anyone there. I wanted to see EVERYONE but didn't have time. I needed to get some things out of my apartment but my grandma (Tucson native) and mom wanted to come for the drive. So we visited some family there, got lunch and bought some UofA gear. If only I had longer.












0 comments:
Post a Comment