Spring Break- Day 3 and 4

Day 3.

We had a very lazy day at the beach and not much happened- which is why I didn't blog yesterday. We started the day at the gym (I ran one mile!) and then headed down to the beach. I mainly laid out and read while the kids played in the water.


Oh and we enjoyed more pina coladas of course :) 



Dad scheduled a massage for himself, and once he was done we all met up at Longboards for lunch. By the time we were done eating, it was pretty late in the day so we just went back to the hotel to get ready for our luau!!

By this point by throat was killing me and my sinuses hurt. I didn't make it through the whole luau.
I did get to eat the "authentic" Hawaiian food and saw a few dances along with the Haka which brought me back to my MHS days.


The sunsets come in close 2nd to AZ sunsets. 





Oh David... 

After Nate and I left, they had dancing. My dad told DJ and Alie that he would give them 100 to split if they danced. Lucky ducks. You better believe they did it. 




She got flowers so DJ said they should split 60-40. Wise guy. 


Day 4

We all went our separate ways. Nate went to Pearl Harbor with the Skeltons,  and Dad and DJ went golfing! They were gone pretty much all day and then crashed when they got home. 





Alison, Mom and I went shopping at the swap meet! When we first pulled up Alie was mad it wasn't a mall. I guess I should have explained to her what a swap meet is. I knew she would love it though. In fact she was the queen of bargaining everything! She got everything for 1/2 of what it costs. I knew she would soak it all up. I ended up getting 3 shirts, a new pair of Jesus shoes/Hawaiian shoes (plus some for Vanita and her mother), and some true Hawaiian Pineapple.







Soooo freakin good! 


Funny story... When we were leaving, Alie ran back to get something. My mom hollered that she didn't have any money on her, and she said, "it's fine, I'll put it on the room!" HAHAHA. Not quite Al Bal. 


After our shopping, we decided to eat at a place that wasn't a chain. We settled for Thai food, then went crazy with the desserts. Mom wanted Baskin Robins, but I wanted a cupcake at some cute bakery, so we compromised and got both. Haha. We basically brought it all home for later and to share with our family.  




Once Nate got back, we went down to the beach and played until the sun went down. Then we cleaned up and walked to sushi restaurant. Al and Nate both tried it and Alie actually ended up loving it! When we were done, Nate and I ran home since we missed our morning workout. 

Only two more days of sleeping in and paradise.... What a shame. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top