General Conference Weekend

Monday.

My day was pretty normal, so I'll just skip to FHE. We had a pudding drop, which consists of one person laying on the floor, and their partner standing on a chair trying to drop pudding in their mouth. This created friendships, and enemies. Haha jk. It was all fun and games. Definitely messy. I somehow got away with not doing it, and being the photographer.











Tuesday was a rather long day. 

I had practicum from 9-12:51 and then rushed over to institute to interpret a 1 o clock class. I didn't get to eat lunch til after, and I didn't really have breakfast. Right in the middle of interpreting I felt a little light headed. Note to self- pack a snack or eat breakfast. 

I was on cloud 9 because one of the deaf kids didn't really like me the first time I was there. Today though she was really friendly and trusted me. It made me feel really good. 

Next on my plate was class at 4, and luckily we got out at 5ish. Something wasn't working with the lesson plan, so she decided to let us go early and work independently.  It was nice having a little break. 

I ended the night with institute choir and it felt really good to sing. I was feelin it! 


Wednesday. 

Today I stayed at practicum the whole school day. I felt a little off, but it was still okay. 

I finished at 3, and then had class at 4. So once again I didn't really have a break. I love my Wednesday night class though, so I didn't really mind it. We have too much fun in there! 

Once I got home, I whipped out some homework til about 8. Then I met up with Joshua and we got ice cream at Cold Stone. Yes, I chose the location of course, since it's my fav. 


Thursday. 

The start of my conference weekend! 

I woke up, packed, had a tutoring session, and then I hit the road for Mesa. 

Right when I got in, my mother took me to Costa Vida. She knows the way to my heart. She even put up the UofA flag for me. 


It's funny because I never really cared for the rivalry. Even while being a student, I liked UofA, but I didn't really care. Well seeing that ASU flag, I realized I felt a little ticked off. I guess I officially chose my side on this rivalry. 

The rest of the evening was spent running errands. Side note: Stephanie was flying out the next morning, so she stayed with me at my parents.
1st-We ran to Target to get some liquids we can take on the plane. 
2nd-I dropped her off so she could eat dinner with a friend. 
3rd- Picked up Vanita and went to Ashlyn's house to drop off some stuff. 
4th- Went to the pharmacy to pick up some more allergy meds. 
5th- Drove back to Vanita's moms to pick up her shoes. 

The rest of the evening was fun. We watched the UofA/Oregon game. If you remember, last year was a crazy upset! It was raining, and a day game so not many people came. Well we kicked their trash and then got to storm the field. Anyway, I had high hopes we would bring it again. My dad tried to make a deal with me: If UofA won, he had to pay me $500 and if Oregon won, I wouldn't be allowed to go on Facebook. I didn't want to do it because I use fb for uses other than social media. So I did NOT agree. 
Well my little sister did make a similar deal with my dad. 
So because of this deal, everyone was into the game. 


(Alie's snapchat)

Well UofA won and now Alie is $500 richer. 
Stupid. She doesn't even care for UofA. 
That night she sure did though. 


I still had to shower and organize some stuff before my trip. 
The worst part was the fact that I had to wake up at 3:30 to get ready so we could make our flight. 

Friday. 

2 hours of sleep. #winning. We (my mother and I) picked up the girls (Vanita, Ashlyn, Madi, and Melissa) and headed to the airport. We all made it on the plane, and saw just about every mormon we knew. Jk. But we did see a friend from high school that recently got home from his mission, Jeff Flake, my brother's friend, a friend we made this summer, and we sat by someone that we had mutual friends with.

Anneliese picked us up in Provo, and then drove us to her house. She was so sweet, and let us take over her life. Two of the girls drove her to work, while the res of us got ready for the day. Finally by noon we were out the door (it's hard to leave at a reasonable time when you have 5 girls who have to get ready). Anyway, we ate at a place called Noodle and Company. It was SO good. I will have to make tradition of going there whenever I am in Utah. 

After lunch we went onto BYU campus to check it out. We also met up with our friend Brooks. He had class, so he gave us a little tour until he had to leave for class. We then ventured into the library and people watched. We even got invited to a party!




Next we took a trip over to Swig. It took us forever to find it, but don't worry, we didn't give up. I fell in love with their sugar cookies, but was NOT impressed with their dirty dp. Come on Swig! 
The yummy sugar cookie made up for the awful Dr Pepper though. 

After we got overwhelmed by all that sugar, we split up a little bit. Ashlyn went to visit her nephew, Vanita/Melissa went to Target and Madi and I took advantage of our down time by taking a nap. Greatest decision I made all day (exaggeration a little bit). 

Finally at 8, we all grouped back together and went over to Brooks. We watched the game for a little bit, and then went to a Provo native restuarant called station 22. It was so good. 
It was also right next to the roof top concert so we caught the end of it. 

Once the concert ended, we went back to Brooks to finish the BYU game. It was a pretty bad night to be a cougar. 

Once again, I stayed awake waaaay too late. 

Saturday. 

We had 5 tickets for the morning session, but needed one more. So we wanted to leave at 7:30 to make sure we got an extra one, and found a parking spot. Plus we were driving from Provo. 

I was a dimwit and set my alarm for 7:30 instead of 6:30. I received a tender mercy and woke up on "my own" at 7. My hair was already done when I woke up, so I was ready by 7:30. Well all the other girls weren't quite ready. I was stressin. My mind was set on going to conference. 

Anneliese and I ran to Walmart and the gas station to grab some things for the girls. Finally by 8 we were on the road. We made it in like 20 minutes. We dropped off the girls outside of City Creek and then continued to find the parking garage. We were so lucky. They were able to get another ticket. 

The session was AMAZING. I cried once again. Now I am a bit of a conference snob. I always want to be in SLC, because there is nothing like it. 

After we grabbed lunch, and walked around Temple Square. 




 




This is Madi and I love her.

I left the group to meet up with my sister and Payson. It did my heart some real good seeing them. We sat in the grass on temple square and "listened" to conference. 1/2 of the not paying attention was my fault, because I was so excited to see them and chat. The other 1/2 is due to all the kids playing around us. Especially their cute nephew that I want to just take home with me. 

Once the afternoon session was over, I met up with the group again. We toured Brigham Young's house and then headed back to Provo. By the end of the day, I had some fun blisters going. 


Our guy friends up there were watching priesthood, so us girls went to dinner at Gurus. We ran into a Youtube Celeb, Stewart Edge. To be honest, I didn't really know who he was at first. My friends spotted him. This is his most famous prank, or at least the only one I knew of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-G2cvkl4Y

Next we met up with the boys, until they ditched us for some scary movie. 
We went to swig one last time and then Vanita, Anneliese and I headed home. 

Sunday. 

We decided to try to get into one last conference session. 

One more morning of getting up early, and rushing! 
I put my shoes on one more time with my blisters and repeated my skirt. 

I learned a trick to getting tickets. You have to walk near the people that are in line to get into the conference center. People just want to hurry and get there, so they don't care to stop and give their ticket away. Once they are in line, they have a minute to stop. So I got 3 tickets by doing so! 

We had to separate, but it was nice going alone because it allowed me to ponder before it started. We were even graced with "The Spoken Word" before it started. 

The actual session was amazing once again. I got so much out of it. 

The minute it was finished, we had to race out of the door. We somehow made it to the airport with time to spare. Oh did I mention my toes were bleeding from my blisters? That was really fun. It spread all over my feet. 


We needed one last picture with Anneliese. I can't imagine having 5 extra girls stay with me and take over my room. I would feel overwhelmed, but she was so patient. She let us borrow her car all day, use her expensive shampoo, and take over her bed. So selfless. 





We landed in Mesa around 3. 

Madi took me home, but of course that meant we (plus Vanita) chatted til 530. 
My family finally got back from the cabin at that time, so then I had to stay for 30 more minutes. They were sweet and gave me their leftovers, and sent me with some food. 

By 6:15 I was finally on the road. 
I don't know how I stayed awake the whole time. The whole weekend consisted of minimal sleep. 

Once I unpacked, and freshened up a bit, I ended my evening hanging out with Joshua. He is a gem. 



Monday. 

TUSD is on October break, so that means half of my schedule is simplified- no volunteering or practicum. 

I still had institute, and tutoring though. Besides that I spent my morning doing some chores around the house and laundry. 

I finally got my testing date for the EIPA (interpreting certification test), October 23rd at 3:15. I freaked out for a little bit, but I'd rather freak out now than the day of. Hopefully I can get all of that out now. 

Oh and I picked up my graduation cap and gown!! CRAZY. 




Once Joshua got off work, we went to this really yummy salad place. I can't remember what it's called, but basically you create your own salad. I copied the idea of the summer salad from Paradise Bakery, and it turned out really good. 


For FHE, we played Heads up. I don't have any pictures, but it was a lot of fun. Definitely a lot of laughs.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top