September 28, 2014

What a busy week.

Monday.

I tutored and then had a huge break before institute class, so I helped at the blood drive. I am too chicken to give blood, so instead I just help at the check in.

Miles had early release, so I didn't have to go in. Instead Steph and I went to get our nails done at Hapi Nails (pronounced happy nails). Since there was a chipotle near by, of course we had to eat there after.

For FHE we played a mix of games.
1. If anyone said "like" 3 times, they had to eat Vegemite. Steph ended up getting caught the most times and had to eat it.


She refused though and ended up hiding the jar of Vegemite. 

2. Doughnut game. They were tied on a string, and you had to eat it without any hands. It is hard. I was laughing the whole time, and then once the first person finished, I just took it off and ate it. #cheater. 




3. Chubby bunny. You try to fit as many marshmallows in your mouth, but you have to be able to say "chubby bunny". Just watching everyone do it made me gag. 





Joshua won with like 10. 



It was a fun activity. 

Tuesday. 


I got to do my first full day of interpreting at my practicum site. At one point we went outside while the students worked on their garden. Well my team interpreter mentioned he was getting eaten alive from mosquitos, so I looked down. I had something much worse- bird poop on my brand new pants. I wasn't even mad. All I could do was laugh. 

Right after practicum, I went to institute to interpret. I definitely hit a wall. A-I hadn't eaten anything yet and by then it was 1. B-My brain was tired. I made it though. 

That evening was class was usual, and then choir after. Sister Stout (our choir director) was rather sassy. Which made me laugh too much. 


Wednesday. 

My day started with even more interpreting. The first hour they had elections for student council, so I got to just observe interpreters do their thing. It was also fun reliving my old elementary days! 

After the assembly/elections, I interpreted the entire day (usually you trade every 20 minutes). Oh and I got a "good job" from my team interpreter. Which is a huge deal because he isn't about positive feedback. 

Next was institute. I believe our lesson was on marriage. In high school I LOVED when we talked about marriage in seminary. Now everyone acts so awkward, so it is a different feel. 

I ended my day with class. Which was supa fun. We got in groups and signed the story "The Hungry Caterpillar".  The other group definitely did better, but it was still a good time. 


Thursday. 

I am blanking my whole day. 

The only thing I remember is EJ getting a real adult job. That evening we had pizza and celebrated his great accomplishment. 


Friday. 

Sydney got sick, so that inspired Steph and I to get Jamba Juice. We got one for Syd too, don't worry. Then we ditched dollar lunch to get panera. 

I did actually have to go into Miles today. The kids were super hyped up because they had a field trip that day. So I had to put on my mom/teacher voice and face. 

That evening we went to one surprise party…Which I blew. I wasn't told it was a surprise, so I mentioned something to the birthday boy. Oops! After we graced that party, we headed over to Cody and Clark's bday party. 

After we took the party over to my house and watched "Kung Pow". I don't even know to explain it. It was a stupid funny movie. 


Saturday. 

My day started really early. It was for a good reason- for a hike! 

The whole thing worked out perfectly. The whole hike was pretty shaded and we made good time. 



I had to be mean and make everyone hurry up at the end. It was like 2:00 and there was a baptism at 2:30. So I needed to hurry. 

I somehow made it to the baptism! Steph sang "Come Thou Fount" while playing her guitar. She did an awesome job! 

Oh and Kennedy got baptized and he is a rockstar. 


Later that evening I went to the General Woman's Broadcast. It was so good! Such a great start to conference and it whopped me into shape. 
I ran into a sister missionary that used to serve in the neighboring ward. Anyway she asked me about the interpreting program at UofA. It made me pretty excited and I pretty much talked her ear off. 


Once I finally got home, Joshua proposed a great idea of making soup for Syd. So we ran to Safeway to buy the stuff, and then came back to my house. Joshua is a rockstar and made up his own recipe. Oh and it was really good. 


Sunday. 

Church was good as always. Break the fast was a success! 

We had a RS meeting after and the first half definitely was not productive. All because we started talking about boys. I was legitimately crying from laughing so hard. Our meeting ended just in time to see a boy in my ward open his mission call. 

Finally at 3 ish I finally went home. That equals 6 hours of being at the church. 

I called home and heard all about homecoming weekend. 

Steph fed the missionaries which meant I got free food, and got to chill with the missionaries. They are da best. 

That pretty much sums up my week. 


Next week is going to be the best considering it's a short week! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top