Wednesday
BEKAH JO GOT INTO TOWN.
Rebekah is a friend that was here at UA my first semester as a foreign exchange student. She then moved back to Australia. Well she is here in Tucson for 10 days visiting!! We love her! Oh and did I mention she is staying with us? How fun! Poor thing has to sleep on the couch though!
Nothing tops Bekah coming to Tucson, so I'll just move on to the next day.
Thursday
School was normal.
Later that evening we decided to go to Outback. I was so proud of myself for not eating out at all this week, but that ended when Steph and I went out for lunch and then all of us for din. It was all my roomies, Bekah, EJ, and Olivia. There was a crazy storm outside which definitely entertained us, along with making fun of Steph's nub leg during her swim team years, and drinking our diet water.
Weekend of Adventures
Steph's nub.
HAHA. Sorry you shouldn't have TBTed.
Once we got home, they played a game while I got some laundry done. They didn't hear me sneak outside and the door locked on me. So I was locked outside in the rain with no phone. I even had the feeling I should bring my phone outside with me. I just kept knocking until finally they came and got it. I think I freaked them all out a bit considering no one knocks on our back door.
Friday.
The first half of the day consisted of a tutoring session, devotional and dollar lunch.
Dollar lunch was awesome because Joren kept challenging people to a dance off.
After all the good institute things, I headed over to Miles to work with those cute kiddos. Every time I go I have some kids that are so happy to see me and others that say "what's your name again?". Every single time. I always end the day with at least one child giving me a hug and that makes it all worth it.
Right as I was finished, I headed off to Thatcher.
It was one of the best solo road trips ever. I loved every song that came on shuffle and sang my heart out. Plus the scenery was much better than the drive from Mesa-Tucson.
The night was rather productive/busy but fun!
First we went to the temple to do some baptisms. I miss having a temple near by.
Next Kent, his brother/sister in law's family, a girl from my high school and I all went to a high school football game. Kent's niece is a cheerleader, so we really went to see her half time performance. It was so fun. I loved it.
We finished the night off with meeting up with some other peeps and going quadding.
We went up Mount Graham and then up to some water fall. We had to hike a little bit but the end was so beautiful. Completely worth it. You could see the stars so well, hear the water running, and there was a nice breeze. Perfection.
After our little adventure we pretty much ended the night.
Saturday
I stayed with Kent's brother and sister in law. I knew them both since they used to live in Mesa, and some other connections. Anyway they were all the sweetest hosts/hostesses.
I woke up at an awful hour of 6:55, since Kent was coming over at 7. We sat around for like an hour trying to truly wake up and then made some french toast. Kent's 6 year old nephew was the cutest thing and insisted on helping.
By 9:30 I was back on my way to Tucson.
I welcomed myself home by finishing off my Ben and Jerry's.
The next few hours I was EXHAUSTED. So I laid in bed and watched One Tree Hill.
At 3 it was time to head to Mount Lemmon. Every year there is a huge regional activity where we all go up the Mountain and party. I have missed it the past two years, so I was SO EXCITED to go this year.
Steph drove us and was a champ driving through the constant rain. Shoutout to Syd for making a great playlist and making it very applicable to what we were driving through.
Once we got there we explored a bit and took some pictures.
Reenacting Natalie and Taylor's proposal.
After exploration #1 we went inside where the games were. I didn't really play, I just ate snacks and socialized. It was really muggy in there, so we didn't last very long. Soon enough we were off on another exploration. This time our numbers of followers greatly grew. We even had many people perform for us- Steph, EJ, Syd and probably AB.
Eventually we headed back and ate some dinner. Not much to tell there.
Guess what we did next? Exploration #3. This time we were wanting to watch the sunset. Unfortunately the sun was blocked by some trees. It was still a good time and I laughed pretty hard.
We made it back just in time for devotional. Brother Bauer taught us a fabulous lesson. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Plus something about being out in nature just makes everything that much better.
After devo, the party started. We had Luca Dj and he had some great song selections! Unfortunately I threw out my back or something so near the end I wasn't dancing as much. It was still a rockin party though and I played the "one more song before we go" like 3 times. Sorry roomies. We made it home safely though!
Sunday.
Break the fast and testimony meeting. I love those testimony meeting days. They are the absolute best.
We were combined for sunday school because there was only one teacher. Poor Ashley. She is a rock star though and did great!
Third hour/RS, I had to conduct because the Pres was gone. It went well and I wasn't nervous at all. Oh and we finally got a first counselor, which is so exciting!!!!
After church we had break the fast. Shoutout to Maddy for making the cutest cupcakes and being the cutest thing ever.
After break the fast, I remembered all the times I had to clean up and how I wished people would help. So I decided to contribute. We made it out in an hour which is pretty good.
I only had one hour before I had to head back for a meeting, but I definitely took advantage of that time. I put my feet up, and posted some pics on facebook.
My meeting went longer than I hoped but it was needed.
Annabeth fed the missionaries which meant we also got din. She made delicious fajitas.
This was my first time really getting to talk to the missionaries and hear about them, so it was so fun! Oh and we had both the sisters and the elders!
After they left, we did a quick clean up and then headed to the institute for a movie night. They were playing 17 Miracles. I think the mix of seeing it fifty times and being surrounded by people, made me not cry as much. Which is good.
Monday.
Arizona went crazy. I woke up and checked my social media-mostly to put off getting out of bed. Twitter blew me away. The 60 and I10 were both flooded from the rain. Classes in the local community colleges were cancelled! I called my mother to make sure they were okay. They were a-okay and Alie was even better since she ditched school.
I was pretty envious and wanted my day to be cancelled. Netflix and a day inside sounded dreamy. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
I started off my day with 2 tutoring sessions. One with one of my favs.
Next I chilled at the institute during my hour break.
At 12, I attended my institute class. It was a solid class and reminded me how important families are. Both my future family and my role as a mother, but also how grateful I am for my family. They have really helped me shape me into the person I am today.
After Institute, I headed over to Miles for 2 hours. One of the sweetest students made me a little something and brought it to school. It made my day. I would have taken a picture with her if it was allowed.
Next was straight back to tutoring.
2 sessions.
I did run into one of my friends in my major so that was fun to chat for .2 seconds.
Once I was done, Syd, Steph, Bekah and I went to BJs.
Okay they have a new pizookie. It is called Peanut Butter Smores, or something like that. It was SO GOOD. Just be sure to share it because it is so thick that it fills you up real fast.
After BJS we had to go straight to FHE. We had some guy talk to us about the war and the amendments. You can tell how enthused I was.
The rest of the night I've been trying to do some reading.
That only lasted 20 minutes.
At least I got my blogging done.
Goodnight Y'all.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment