This week has been quite the week.
Monday
Most my day was spent making a video for Miles. They were preparing for a "Miles Meet Yourself" on Tuesday night, and I got elected to make the video. Luckily it did count as my volunteer hours. Anyway, I stayed a bit after school and was filming kids practically my whole time there.
I was up pretty late organizing it and trying to finalize the movie which took 3 hours to download.
3 positives though:
1. Kids have such little and cute hands, so everything they sign is adorable.
2. We got split into our FHE groups and mine is rockin.
3. I think I may have figured out my future. Now I just have to finish applying and hope I get accepted.
Tuesday.
I spent the morning trying to download the stupid movie. I finally finished it up by 9 and took it over to the school. Turns out I spelled the Principals name wrong. In my defense I had only seen her name sign, they never spelled it out, so easy mistake. Anyway, I had to run back home, change it, re-finalize it (3 hour process), download to iMovie (2 hours) and then burn to CD. I didn't want to use my computer, in hopes it would maybe go faster. I got some class reading done, and I cleaned my room. I mean deep clean, and I finished hanging some things up.
By about noon I headed over to Institute to interpret for my good friend Lori. Somedays I feel like a rockstar, and other days, I feel like I am in sign 1. Not really, but every interpreter has their days where they don't feel like they are interpreting as well.
Anyway after institute, I dropped off the movie at Miles, and then picked up lunch at the Taco Shop. I figured it was bound for me to eat there eventually since it is right next to the school.
That evening I had class, choir and then spent the rest of the evening finishing an interpretation.
Wednesday.
We were anticipated to be hit by an awful hurricane. I was praying it would hit hard so my classes would be cancelled. I desperately needed a catch up day, and I felt like I'd hit a wall. I was exhausted. I woke up in the night and was so disappointed to find out there was no rain! AT ALL. Worst hurricane ever.
I still didn't go into my volunteer hours because let's be honest, I put in a ton of hours the 2 days before.
Around 10 I got an email from my teacher saying she was canceling our 4 o clock class because she didn't want us driving through the awful storm.
An hour later I got a text from the Tucson interpreter supervisor saying I was going to be doing my practicum in Mesa. I was so ready to hurry and drive home. I would be able to interpret all day Thursday plus Friday. Steph told me I was being irrational since a storm was coming, plus I was supposed to feed the missionaries the next day. Instead I ended up going grocery shopping just in case the storm really did come.
I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, homework, making food and even baking. It was a good day off. Although by evening time, I needed human interaction. Being stuck in the house all day wasn't too good for me.
Oh and good news! I finally and officially got my practicum site. The interpreter called me and told me I could come the following day! I was pumped!
Thursday.
9-4:10 was spent at my practicum site. My mentor is not the average interpreter I would invasion. Instead he has a huge, thick beard and a pot belly. His signing skills are amazing though, I definitely misjudged him. I still can't take his beard seriously, but I'm going to learn so much for him. I guess it was worth the wait to have him as my mentor. My prayers were answered.
The minute practicum was done, I went home so fast. I had to fed the missionaries at 5:00, so I needed to hurry. Of course something had to go wrong. I made the alfredo sauce and soon realized it was only meant for 2 people. Luckily I had enough of the ingredients to double it. I had to go extra fast eating and cleaning because I had a meeting at 6.
I made it to the meeting by 6:08 only to find out it had been canceled. I was not all that pleased.
The night still ended well though. After an hour of analyzing all my commitments, I finally figured out my schedule for this semester. Yes 4 weeks into the semester and I finally know what I'm doing.
Ps, my life is officially back to pink lemonade. No more lemons. :)
CONVERSATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments:
Post a Comment