September 14, 2014

This was a busy weekend! 


Friday- 

1. Devotional and dollar lunch- Steph even got to come this week! 

2. Working at Miles (the elementary school). It was a fun day because I spent half of it recording the children signing a story. The not fun part will be compiling all of it for a school event. 


(copying the teacher to prepare for the recording)

3. We had yet another party! Bekah Jo was only in town for 10 days and so we had to have a party to celebrate. Of course it was Aussie theme. 7/8 of the credit goes to Steph. Syd gets 1/8 for providing Ginger Beer. 


Work of Steph ^^


Don't worry I did contribute with some food. 

Side note: While picking up the food, I decided to stop at Sonic for a dirty Dr Pepper. I had a feeling they wouldn't know what it was, so I first asked if they've heard of it. The person taking my order replies with "girl, we don't have no alcohol here". I started laughing and then explained it is a mixture of coconut and lime. Well she put WAY too much coconut in. So I guess now my Dirty Dr Pepper will just be a Mesa thing. 

Back to the party: It was not our typical party. People weren't feeling the dancing, so we played a new game called Silent Football. It's hard to explain so just read Syd's blog if you want more deets. 

http://sydrichardson.blogspot.com/2014/09/you-can-dance-if-you-want-to-you-can.html


By about 10 ish, Syd and I left for Mesa. 

We had some good chats like always and made it back at a good time. 

Of course I had my little bestie (Alie) waiting up for me. We stayed up chatting for an hour and then we went to bed. 


Saturday-

I had to get up rather early to drive out to Phoenix. Wet N Wild (a water park) had a "deaf day", so they asked for some volunteer interpreters. Well UofA just has the best, so they asked us to come. Anyway, they didn't really need all of us, so most of the time was spent chatting with each other.  



Liz, my friend that recently graduated got to come, so I was so excited to catch up with her! 


By about 12 I was driving back to Mesa. I ate some lunch and then drove over to Vanita's to help her move out. She is so silly, she was going to do it all on her own. 

After the first load, I roped my family into helping with moving the couch down the stairs and some other stuff. Alie is a champ and tries to lift way more than she can. My mom also lifts more than just about any boy, she is a strong lady. Their help was definitely needed. 

Finally by 5 we left and ate some dinner. 

The rest of the night was spent moving some stuff to another location and eating Nielsons. 
Oh and I did do some homework once Vanita went home. 

Sunday-

My dear friend Lexy had her homecoming talk. I was so happy it fell on the same weekend so I could go. I also got to see 3 other friends that recently got home AND sit with Kelley. 

Oh and I saw my 9th grade history teacher, my ex-boyfriends mom, junior high security guard, and my old young women's pres. Mormon probs. 


I stayed a bit too late chatting, and then I had to hurry home so I could get my stuff. I grabbed a quick treat and then headed back to Tucson with Syd. Once again we had a great convo- I love friends that love deep talks. 

The rest of the evening should be hopefully chill. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top