Friday.
It was a good day!
For devotional we had a guest speaker that is supposed to be one of the top ten most inspirational speakers, or something like that. For some reason, that title swayed me, and made me not want to go. I guess I like to find motivation in myself and not someone else telling me how I should life. Yes I am stubborn. Anyway, my heart was softened and I definitely shed a few tears. It really was a great devotional and talk. I was uplifted.
Next was Miles…I can't really remember anything important so I assume it was just a normal day.
Later that evening, a girl in my ward named Lourena, had my roommates, EJ, Matt and I over for dinner. She made us an African dish and shared with us some things from her home. Oh and we got our African fabric to make skirts!
After dinner we headed over to the UA Soccer game! There are two girls in my ward on the team, so that is the real reason I went. It was a good time and we won!!
All the mormons.
Team Lexe and Jaden!
We were all pretty gross and hot after so of course a pizzokie was vital. I was driving, so I dragged Steph and Syd along with me.
Saturday.
My day started some what early with a baptism for a girl in my ward. She is the cutest thing, and she is a MG, which just makes me so happy. I'm sure he is so happy for her.
I don't even know her that well, but I cried when she was baptized. The spirit was definitely felt.
Who doesn't love Ali??
Right after the baptism I had to hurry over to the institute. We literally spent all day trying to figure out Visiting Teaching. Too many lists and things to consider in a YSA ward that is constantly changing.
Finally by 2:30 we were finished. I still planned on going to the game at 3 but I just realized I had too many things. So I texted my roomies to tell them I wouldn't be able to make it. Luckily Syd's sister Kenzie took my student card, so at least someone could use it. I think she had fun too.
In the meantime I ran some errands and then got to work. Syd's mom and 3 year old sister, Avery stayed at my house during the game, so they kept me pretty entertained. Around 8:30 EJ joined us and we picked up some food.
A majority of the night consisted of Avery dancing for us, Steph being her back up, and me trying to arrange the visiting teaching.
Oh and some tramp stamps from Avery.
I may or may not have stayed up til 3:30 baking and other fine things.
Sunday.
My main focus was RS. We needed to hand out those stupid visiting teaching assignments. Fortunately and unfortunately we only had 3 problems. So now I get to make some more adjustments.
To be honest, after my meeting, I did just about nothing.
Tonight my friend Mark will be opening his mission call! Pictures to come!






0 comments:
Post a Comment