Lemons.

So I have this philosophy that everyday is a good day. Even if there are some rotten things in my day, there is always some good to compensate. Well, that has sure been tested recently.

Negative- 2 days ago someone was talking to me about what I'm going to do after I graduate. For the longest time I have been at peace not really knowing. Well when we were really talking about some of my options, I started having an anxiety attack. I won't be certified until March (because of the way some things have worked out) which means I most likely can't find a job until March. That is a huge deal. Even one month of not interpreting is rough but 3 months is brutal. You literally start to lose the skill. I started freaking out. Beyond work life, I have to decide where I want to live. I could go absolutely anywhere. At this point all I know is that I am leaving Tucson. So the summary of this story-I was having major anxiety. I tried all the church answers, but I wasn't getting anything. Making my decision of which college to go to was so easy and clear. Maybe that's why this is so difficult. Had to balance itself out.

Positive- I looked at the website to see if they are offering the certification test before December anywhere else. Well sure enough they have one in October in Utah. Even more fortunate, my dad said he will pay for the test and my airfare. Oh and it is only 20 minutes away from my grandparents house! So now we don't have to get a hotel! Now at least I will be certified by January.



Negative: I have been waiting 3 weeks to get my placement for Practicum which is basically an internship. I am in my last practicum which means I get to interpret for a deaf student. I am beyond excited. Well the supervisor is having a rough time matching us up. Today my teacher announced some people she had matched up, but I was one of the 3 people she was still waiting on.

Positive: I had the thought that I could go to Mesa. It would be awful driving every single week but there would be benefits. I could drive Thursday evenings, get to eat dinner with my family, go all day Friday to practicum and then drive back. I would also get to see some friends while I am up. So if I don't get a placement here in Tucson, I can get one in Mesa.




Negative- September 11th. My heart aches for them. This summer I got to go to New York and gain more insight on the tragedy. I still don't completely understand what all those people went through/go through, but my heart breaks for them. I have had a very heavy heart all day.

-Props to Maddy for giving it to me! 


Positive- Today is Sheridan's one year mark on her mission. She is having an amazing journey and adventure. I am SO proud of her. She is so obedient but is still her fun self. She pushes herself and works so hard. It has definitely felt like a year has past. Possibly even 2 years. It's hard not having my friend so close or accessible. I guess it just makes me appreciate her more when I do get an email on Mondays. She still has the best wisdom and advice, even though she is so far away. I LOVE HER. These next 6 months better hurry up.














So basically there have been a lot of things stressin me out. I still don't have all my answers but there is a little sugar being added to each of the lemons. I guess that's all I can ask for right now. In a few months this will become a great church talk about patience. Haha.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top