This has been quite the week.
My weeks trade off on the busyness. Last week I had absolutely nothing due and nothing to really work on. Which was great, especially since I was sick.
This week though, everything was due and each class had like 10 things for me to do. On top of my fun projects, my computer crashed. So I got to learn how to adjust using an iPad instead. I went to the Apple Store yesterday to finally get it fixed and they have to ship it to fix it. They estimate it will take a week by the time it comes back to me. How fun.
Here are some fun parts of the week!
On Monday for FHE we had a scavenger hunt in the mall. The cops were right on us and got mad at every group. Steph was in charge and so she didn't play so she could determine the winning team at the end. I stayed back with Steph and we got some food and did a little shopping.
Tuesday night I had my class about disability. The focus tonight was autism. It reminded me of my sweet cousin Jayne and all my interactions with her last summer. That job didn't make a lot of money and it was physically/emotionally tough, but I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with her. Not to get all churchy but I felt like our spirits connected.
On Wednesday I had practicum and I got to interpret an assembly. They have a class called court and they do mock trials. It was scary and hard to interpret for 2 reasons. 1) It is all frozen text which means you have to follow it exactly. Plus I'm still learning all the law/legal signs. 2) All of these qualified interpreters are lined up in the back watching me. So intimidating. I did it though and I left satisfied and proud of myself! Oh and I was one of the firsts practicum students to interpret for court. Most of the certified interpreters don't even interpret this class.
Thursday night we had an Ecuador reunion! One of the guys that worked with us on our trip is here in US for a few weeks. So my teacher organized this dinner at her house. It was so fun to see everyone (minus Audrey, Liz, and Alex) and chat. I wish everyone could understand the uniqueness of my major and the closeness we all have. I love it and I love everyone in my major. Choosing sign language interpreting was a good life decision.
Not pictured is Jonathan's son, who took the picture and he is one of my practicum students. He is my new fav because he told my teacher I'm a good interpreter. (I paid him under the table. Jk)
On Friday, 1320 headed to Phoenix.
I left a little bit earlier so I could stop at home first. I got to spend some time with Nathan and had to repent a little. A few weeks ago when Oregon and UofA played in football, Nathan cheered for Oregon. He is the only other UofA fan in my house, so I was shocked when he wasn't on my team. At the end of the game I told him he wasn't a UofA fan (mostly kidding). Well anyway when I saw him on Friday, he was giving up his UofA love and moving on to BYU. I felt awful that he took my comment to heart. Poor kid. Hopefully I can bring him back to the good side.
After being home for an hour or two, I headed over to the Phoenix temple. I met up with the other Tucson folks and we made our way on over.
The temple was absolutely stunning. There were a lot of paintings that I have never seen, and they were just perfect. Of course the sealing room and celestrial rooms were amazing but my favorite was all the gold accents. On the ceilings in most of the rooms, there was a yellow/goldish outline. Of course that reminded me of JaKelle and made my heart so happy.
Later that night I went bowling with some friends I made last summer. I definitely didn't win but I also didn't lose. So I am satisfied. Haha.
The boys.
I met Aly this summer and just loved her. She is so fun and she has the best accent! The girl in the middle is Amber. I met her while bowling and she is the sweetest thing. She just graduated high school and moved to Arizona. She is investigating the church right now and she is a rockstar!
Saturday, I mostly did homework/applying for a job. I had to do a million interpretations, so I pretty much just hid in the office til alie found me. Then Alie and I went to pick up costa vida but first she insisted that we do our usual drive.
That evening I went to the Apple Store and then headed over to the desert. The best part was how well you could see the stars.
Today I'll go to church, eat din and then head home.
This upcoming week I have my big certification test, so wish me luck!




0 comments:
Post a Comment