Happy Birthday Dear David.







Today is my BFF DJ's Birthday. So to keep tradition, here are 18 things I love about my buddy. 

1. He is very chill. It takes a lot to upset him, and even then he is still pretty calm. He is very patient with his home of predominantly women.



2. He is financially wise. In his spare time this summer, he made a budget and for Christmas he asked for some stock. (No wonder he is my dad's fav. Haha)


3. He loves old music. That is one thing you don't mess with. If he is listening to his music, you better be singing along, or be quiet, but don't complain. He will tell you exactly why oldies are the best.


4. He holds me to a high standard and keeps me in line. If I'm watching something or listening to something he does not approve of, he will let me know. He also holds me to the highest standard of modesty. Now that I am older, I am grateful he expects the most out of me.


5. DJ does not need recognition. He also does not ask for a lot, like I said before, he is chill. He earned his eagle scout but he didn't even care to have a "court of honor". Most people would love to have that praise after all that work, but nope, not DJ.



6. DJ is an amazing singer. He made regionals as a freshman which is a HUGE honor. Most kids in choir never get to experience that.

(He is in the light blue)

7. He is mr smarty pants. The worst part is, he doesn't even have to work at it. He scored 100% on his math AIMS like it was no big deal. He kills me.


8. He is also mr smarty pants in gov'ment. He absolutely loves it. I on the other hand did not pay an ounce of attention in government class. So thankfully he kindly answers all my government questions now that I need in life. He doesn't even make fun of the stupid questions.


9. He cares about looking nice and will let his sisters help dress him. We take advantage of it a little too much and bring 10 outfits each, but that is where his patience kicks in.


10. He is corky. He does his own thing.



11. He is a tease but never in a hurtful or dirty way. He is the best jokes and can always make me laugh.



12. He asks love/dating advice. I love when I can "in turn" help a little bit. I am eager to see who he ends up with because she is going to have to be a top notch kind of girl.



13. He is straight up righteous. He does all those primary answers, even when it is not convenient. I have come home many times (at a late hour) and seen him still awake reading his scriptures. He is a champ.


14. He is unique and doesn't follow the world. He is the perfect example of living in the world but not being "of" the world.


15. He is very obedient to our parents. In fact sometimes he puts even more restrictions on himself like taking the internet off his phone just to play it safe.


16. He is a hard worker. Being the oldest boy in our family, he is always called to do manly jobs. When we go on family vacations with my mom's side, he is the hardest working one there. Everyone wants DJ to help them. He never complains though, he just jumps right up!


17. He has dance moves like it's nobodies business.


18. He loves and cares for everyone. He has a kind heart.




Even though DJ is younger than me in years, he is obviously more mature. He is a champ and will go extremely far in life. I am so proud to call him my brudder. Love you David!






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top