EJ's Birthday Weekend

This week has been full of parties, but all for one special friend, EJ. It is his birthday on the 12th/Sunday/today plus he got a new job! His job is taking him away from us, so the parties were also like a farewell. EJ has been the greatest friend to so many, so of course one party would not suffice.

The first party/celebration happened on Tuesday night. We got a big group and surprised EJ at Native New Yorker. A place our group likes to go to for wings and trivia. So many people showed up for him, both old and more recent friends. It was great and EJ was so confused. When he walked in the room, he thought he was intruding on another party. Like he wasn't invited or he thought he forgot it wasn't just him and Taylor coming. He was surely surprised and loved it.


He kind of backed away at first. Haha. 




Not the best quality of pictures. Sorry. 


The second celebration was a dance/karaoke party at our house on Friday. It consisted of all of EJ's favorites. 





He is a model. 



Sorority girls and Bert. 


Ali made a Canadian cake. 




If you would like more details, read Syd's blog. She explained it all so well. 

http://sydrichardson.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-quarter-of-century.html



A quick overview though:
As people arrived we just mingled. 
Then we announced that challenge cards were hidden throughout the house. 
We did those next and then gave out awards for participation. 
Next was karaoke. It was pretty much the regulars plus Phil. Which I think Phil stole the show. 

We had dancing for a little, but not many people were feeling it. So we played silent football. 
Once most people left, we played heads up, and then cleaned up. 
This was easily our longest/latest party. 



The third party was a mixture of the game and an after party. The game itself was tragic. It was an awful loss, so freakin close. Fortunately, the music was on point, and we still had a good time.

As bonus we got on the jumbo torn (which never happens) AND we got to be under the UofA flag. 



Being under the flag was fun for about 3 seconds until I started having a panic attack. It was dusty and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Of course it was all in my head but it was awful.

Anyway, after the game we went over to my house to celebrate EJ's Birthday. His family came down for the game, and his mom hosted the party. She made delicious cupcakes, along with these drinks (not sure what they were but they were good), and salsa.

We all went around the room and said at least one thing we love about EJ. Of course some people had to get their "roasting" in first, but then almost everyone had something nice to say. EJ is a gem.





Here are some fun facts about EJ/our friendship. 

1. When I moved to Tucson, I hated it. EJ was one of my first friends and made me actually enjoy my time. He walked me home after football games so I wouldn't be so paranoid. He also proved himself to be the king of parties and knew how to throw a rockin party. He made Tucson fun for me and actually start to like it. 

2. His sister/and BFF Steph became my roommates, so naturally I saw more of him. I quickly saw his good heart. He really cares for everyone and tries to be as inclusive as possible. He is always reaching out and making sure everyone has a friend. He is also really good about making sure all his friends are happy and doing well. He would do anything to help someone out. 

3. He can dance like no one's business. At dance parties we tend to feed off of each other and copy moves. He definitely shows me up. I will definitely miss his dancing. 

4. EJ teases me like a brother. Some examples… One day I missed institute and he told my whole class I was a wiccan. I have still not lived that down. Even the teacher teases me about it. 
Another example is anything to do with ASL. They love to change the ALS bucket challenge to the ASL bucket challenge. He is a tease but he also stands up for me when I am getting ganged up on. That is like the "older brother" heart in him. 

EJ has become one of my best friends and I will definitely miss him! Thankfully he is only moving an hour and a half away. 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top