So Thursday I took a test to become certified as an interpreter. Well in hopes to pass! I'm going to back track though.
On Monday I got a call from a job I'm in the process of applying for and the lady told me everything was due soon. So once I was done with everything that day, I spent the rest of my time doing interpretations and submitting things.
Tuesday I had practicum like always. I got awesome feedback and my confidence was boosted a little bit too.
That night I finally packed for my little trek to utah. Once I laid down to sleep, my nerves caught up to me. I could not sleep. Everyone time I did fall asleep, I would wake right up from my stomach hurting. It was awful.
The following morning I woke up feeling like a cold was coming on. I need my voice for my interpreting test, so I was a little worried.
I continued to get ready and as I started practicum I felt a million times better! My prayers were answered.
They had a walk-a-thon at the school, so the first half of the day was pretty chill. I did get a lot of interpreting done, so I left confident for my test.
Next I drove home to mesa so I could fly out of Phoenix with my mother. I ended up arriving with plenty of time, so I decided to go to the temple. I figured being in the Lord's house I would receive peace.
One of the temple workers happened to be from Tucson!!
When I got home, I rearranged my luggage a little bit, and then we were off!
We got to our gate with just enough time!
Once we landed we got our rental car, and then drove to my grandparent's house. We spent the rest of the evening chatting with them.
Thankfully, I fell asleep right away, no anxiety!
The day of the test:
1. I slept in and laid in bed for a bit.
2. Got ready and then went to lunch with my mother.
side note: all the high school girls dress the same. Short dresses from Forever 21 with a long jacket.
3. Drove out to Taylorsville.
IT WAS FINALLY TIME TO TAKE THE TEST.
I'm not really supposed to talk about the test.. But I felt like I did really well. I felt like practicum and my interpreting homework really helped me. Now I get to wait a whole 120 days to get my score. Let's hope the people that evaluate my performance are kind.
One step towards adulthood.
Right when we got in the car, I rewarded myself with a Cutler's cookie.
Peanut Butter, butterscotch goodness.
Right after my test, we drove back to Bountiful to eat dinner with my grandparents before flying back home. We went to a Stahle/Utah classic, Chuck A Rama.
One last thing. Shout out to my mother for going with me. She served me endlessly, and tried to help me stay as calm as possible. Plus she let me talk about interpreting, and practicum the whole trip. She is so patient. Shoutout to my dad for allowing us to go!



0 comments:
Post a Comment