November 1st, 2014

Happy Halloween!! I hope you all had a fabulous time celebrating!

To be honest, Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. I just participate for the party and social events. I am not about that scary life, or spending my money on a costume for one night. I'm lame, I know. I do love the social aspect though, so I will go to any Halloween event!

We started our Halloween festivities on Monday with pumpkin carving for FHE. I did not have my own personal pumpkin, instead I chose to chat with my fellow siblings (3rd ward sibs). Those that carved and painted did a fab job!



Owl and unintentional "Tangled" flower. 


Not sure what's going on here. 


Sorority style. 



AB's cat. She won. 




Thursday was our next day of festivities. We drove out to Buckelew Farms (about an hour drive) to hit up fear farm. It is basically a haunted corn maze. We had a great turn out and props to Syd for organizing the event. To be honest, I was really nervous. I have been in a normal corn maze one time, and that alone freaked me out. So I was not excited for it to be intentionally scary. 

Well as it turns out, it is really like a haunted house. You go through all these different levels and then it drops you off at the corn maze. Upon first arriving, there was this creepy doll walking around. I made the mistake of making eye contact, so of course the doll had to confront me then. It was awful. I learned my lesson and the rest of the haunted house, I just wouldn't look at any of the creepy people. It also helped that we were in the middle, so we didn't have things jumping out at us. Oh and Steph was my buddy and held my hand. Poor thing probably wasn't too grateful to be my partner. She fell while we were in this tunnel, and I didn't notice because we were practically crawling anyway. So I was dragging her along. Sorry Steph! 




These were REAL pumpkins. 



The gang. 


We like trains. 


Please notice Syd falling out the front. Haha. 

After the corn maze and haunted house, we went to IHOP for a second dinner. 




Friday, Halloween itself. I went to a tutoring appt just to get stood up- thank you student, I could have slept another hour.

Next was devotional, dollar lunch and then I ran to the mall to get fake extensions. For Halloween I was T Swift circa 2012, so of course I needed her straight across bangs. Luckily after a little mall hunt, I found some! 

As soon as I was done at the mall, I hurried over to Linden building to help set up the dance. If you remember, I was in charge of it last year and ended up decorating all alone on the day of the dance. I was exhausted and a bit upset. I had some major pity on the people in charge this year, so I put in some time. I got there in prime time too. Most had to go back to class and others had to run some errands, so I held the fort down. 

I only stayed for 2 and half hours, and then I got ready for the dance. Syd was a gem and took individual pictures of me. 

Oh I forgot to mention, 1320 roomies were pop stars. 




Steph made the best Katy Perry. Spoiler alert, she won the costume contest at the dance. 


Syd made a rockin Ke$ha. 


After our pictures, Caroline and Jared came over and we all headed to Chipotle for our $3 burritos. 
Then it was time to PARTAY at the dance! 


Unfortunately the dance didn't start right away. First there was a carnival. We tried to play the spy game, but failed miserably. I actually excelled in everything else! We did the cake walk and I won the first round! Holler! After the cake walk, we played the mummy game, where you try to wrap someone up in toilet paper. Ours was definitely the neatest. 



This picture was after she had to hop across the gym. 


Kesha was really excited and made it rain a bit. 


Next we played the game where everyone ties a balloon to their ankle. The objective is to pop everyone else's balloon while keeping yours alive. Well I had this genius idea. I kind of flew under the radar for the first couple of minutes. When a person would come to attack my balloon, I would just lift my leg. Thankfully I still had a little bit of dancer skills. Well pretty soon it was down to 4. I realized I would never win because I couldn't stomp on other people's balloons. We were all champs and everyone got sick of us playing, so they just kind of called it quits. Haha. But it was really fun and I am very sore today from holding up my leg. 


After the game, it was finally time for the dance!!! My fake bangs came right off, as did the shoes. Of course no one had any idea who I was. I should have done the first T Swift with her curly hair and boots. Oh well. 

Lorde finally made an appearance, so of course that meant more pictures. 




As the night progressed, they annouced the costume winner. I already spoiled the fact that Steph won, but they had a few other categories too. 

1st was a group costume. 


They are Scooby Doo and clan. 

The couples costume was next. There were a lot of cute costumes. The winners were Anna and Christoff. I personally think Cody and Michelle should have won. 


Finally, the individual costume. Steph easily won it. 



Awful quality, sorry. 



After the dance, we headed home and I enjoyed my Ben and Jerrys. 


Today/Saturday, we pushed Halloween aside, and got ready for Christmas. Not really but kind of. We took our 2nd annual roommate pictures for our Christmas cards. We did it last year kind of as a joke, but we thought since this was our last semester together, we should do it again. 

Isaac was so gracious to drive up Mount Lemmon with us to take our pictures. We had many lovely memories all the way up. 

We took one picture on Steph's phone as a little sneak peek. Hopefully we will get the real deal in a week. 




After our mini photo shoot, we went to the cutest place to eat lunch. It's called "Cookie Cabin" and it did not disappoint. Seriously the cutest decorations. Not to mention how big the cookies were! We got a chocolate chip, pumpkin and peanut butter (of course the peanut butter won).




That pretty much summarizes my week. I'm happy Halloween and all the creepy decorations are in the past, but even more happy that it is November- No shave November. As much as I love an excuse to not shave, I'm more excited for all the men's facial hair. #winning. 

Also just FYI- 

I graduate in 39 days. 
Christmas in 54 days. 
Sheridan gets home in 144 days. 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top