Today has been all about missionaries!!
This morning I woke up at an awful hour of 6:30. I know I'm being dramatic, but I do NOT do early mornings. Especially if I'm expected to function all day without a nap. Anyway the reason I woke up so early was for a little missionary breakfast. There are a lot of missionaries getting transferred and going home, so it was kind of a farewell/gratitude for the missionaries breakfast.
Third ward missionaries and some third ward homies.
I love these people.
Unfortunately, our baby Elder Hansen (he came to our ward fresh out of the MTC which never happens in 3rd ward) is getting transferred as is Sister Rockwood. We will miss them both.
After the breakfast I did some homework til my tutoring appt. My tutoring appt only lasted about 30 minutes because she wasn't feeling well. I was a okay with that because it gave me a longer break. While walking back to the institute, I ran into the missionaries with their tent outside of the institute. I actually helped them get an investigator. It was great!
During my break I had to take advantage of time and I rushed over to walmart to buy a new phone charger. I went two days without a phone charger. That is quite the accomplishment! I made sure to get a different kind of charger so it will last longer.
Once I got my new charger, I headed next door to Target to relive my childhood and get some "Target pizza" aka pizza hut. For some reason, "Target pizza" is so much better than pizza from actual pizza hut.
After my adventures were done, I headed back to the institute for institute class. I actually had a lot of questions answered, so it was the perfect class for me.
Right after institute, I drove super fast to Miles for my volunteering. While I was there we had a lockdown, which I knew was fake but thinking about all the school shootings made me almost cry. Imagining these sweet children in danger broke my heart. I could then understand why the teachers in those schools would defend their class so fiercely. I would definitely protect those children with my life.
As per usual, we had FHE in the evening, but this was a little different. We were combined with all the wards that feed into the institute. A girl in my ward served as a sailor in the war, so she has many friends that are currently serving. With tomorrow being Veteran's day, it was only appropriate that we make care packages for them. So for FHE we wrote letters and sent our love. There was a great turnout and it reminded me how blessed I am to be a citizen of the United States.
After FHE, we headed over to U-Swirl to wish Sister Rockwood farwell.


0 comments:
Post a Comment