November 7, 2014

Saturday evening, I was a little bit irrational and drove home to Mesa. I was going to drive home Sunday after stake conference but since I wasn't really doing anything, I decided to head home the night before. I do not regret my decision though.

I got to spend time with my dad switching between the UofA game and the ASU game. We should have only watched the ASU game though. The wildcats didn't do so hot. It was fun chatting with my father though.


Sunday I slept in and got ready super fast for stake conference. I went to a gilbert stake center with Vanita, Madi and Aly. Before it started, each stake had 30 minutes for announcements, and that made me wish I had stayed in Tucson for the broadcast, but whatevs. I had fun with the girls and it was good to see them!

Pictures are always necessary. 



It was SUPA bright. 



After the broadcast, I spent the rest of my evening with my family. 

We were pretty lazy until about 530 when my cousins/aunts and uncles came over to celebrate Nate's Birthday. Our party consisted of eating hamburgers, homemade ice cream, and chatting. The best part was seeing my cousin Jayne, that I worked with this summer. She did her cute excited face, and jumped up and down. I'm happy she still remembers me and loves me. I've missed spending everyday with her. Anyway, the day was about Nate. Haha. 


My baby. Although now that he is 12, he is no longer a baby. It's crazy how grown up he is. I still remember the night he was born. My mom was making chocolate chip cookies and then the hospital called and said they were ready to induce her (she was already pretty late). It was a Sunday so we weren't allowed to watch movies, but since she had to leave, she let me watch the new Home Alone 4. The next evening we got to visit my new brudder and then my grandma had a party for us kids with pizza and root beer. Welcome to the world Nate and happy 12 years of life. 


Alie had to get in on the fun. 



For lunch we just ate candy. Literally. It was great. 





Monday was pretty average. Nothin too exciting. 
For FHE we watched Despicable Me, and had popcorn. We had our own individual popcorn bags and it was heavenly, I wanted 3. 


Tuesday I had practicum and it didn't go so hot. I struggled interpreting something and my mentor had to take over. That was the worst feeling. The only thing that made me feel better was the fact that I would get a second try the next day. 

Thankfully I had some Ben and Jerry's awaiting me at home. 


Wednesday was probably my busiest day. I had practicum all day. Thankfully it was A MILLION times better. I felt confident and everything went stellar. 
Also I love the kids I interpret for. I want to be BFFs with them. I wish they could be my students forever. They all have such different and fun personalities. 

Right after practicum I ran to the bank to withdraw some money. As soon as I parked, I walked really fast to class. The whole class consisted of watching a deaf guy give a presentation via "Street Leverage". My eyes got pretty tired watching the screen for 2 hours. He brought some great perspectives that I never really realized. He made me want to be an even better interpreter. 

I left class a little early to go to Sam's Club with Annabeth. We went to buy food for a RS dinner the next night. We were the ultimate team and got a lot of food for a cheap price. 

Finally at 8 I got to eat dinner. I spent the rest of the night relaxing because I sure needed it! 


Thursday I spent the first half of my day tutoring. Then at 1 I headed over to observe a video relay service for deaf people. I got to observe interpreters interpret calls. Side note: The office is in the Merrill Lynch building. My father works at Merrill Lynch. I felt like a proud little kid walking through there. I wanted to announce to everyone that my dad worked for Merrill Lynch and see if they knew him (most Merrill Lynch peeps know my dad). I felt like a child. Other fun fact, the lady who runs Sorenson is the mother of the kids I interpret for at the middle school. It was great. 

The rest of my evening was spent prepping for the dinner. Joshua was a saint and set up the tables for us in the gym. All the other members of the RS presidency couldn't come, so I was on my own. My roommates are the best and helped me out AND brought me flowers. They are saints. The dinner went well. The best part was the pumpkin cheesecake. 


That pretty much sums up my week. I AM SO PUMPED FOR THE GAME TOMORROW. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top