November 23, 2014

Let me just start by saying that after my blessing, the rest of my week was FABULOUS. I know it was because of my increased strength.



Tuesday was my homegirl Syd's birthday!! Poor thing had school all day, so it wasn't too fun of a day. That evening though we went to Native New Yorker (upon her request) and had a little party. We brought the cake there too and sang happy birthday. She is a gem, and I'm so happy I've had the chance of living with her for 1 1/2 years. She is the life of the party.



Wednesday I got observed for practicum and I passed!!! Now I am officially set to graduate this semester! Wooo hooo!!!! To make it even better, the head of my major, Cindy, is that the one that observed me and she made me feel very confident in my skills. She gave me wonderful praises and some good feedback on what to work on as well.

That evening was my last class with my fellow interpreting colleagues. So naturally we had a party! Well we had the party for 3 reasons- to congratulate Letty on her baby, celebrate Kylie's 21st birthday and to celebrate our last day of class. We made it pot-luck style and it was quite the spread! We know how to party! It was a great last class!



All my classmates. 


Everyone minus Ren, and plus Barb (my teacher). 

Steph offered to feed the missionaries that night, so I came home to even more food. Before they came over, Syd and I drove to South Tucson to pick up her new iPhone! It was quite the adventure! Maps was a little disleading and I missed a few turns. Oops! We had a few other misfortunes I wont mention but we survived! 

Oh at dinner I got to meet the elders 3rd companion, Elder Taylor! He knew some ASL, and had a sign name, so I automatically liked him. 


Thursday I had a few tutoring appts, then I ran to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner. As soon as I got home, I had to start the crockpot so it would be done in time to feed the missionaries. When I was done, I drove to the institute to interpret. That institute class is one of the harder classes to interpret based on his slow pace (yes it's actually harder when someone talks too slow), plus his large vocabulary. I was actually right on point today though and felt like it was my best time interpreting that class. I only stayed the first 30 minutes though. 

I left early to take pictures with the graduating class. We only took a few so we can give each teacher a picture of us. 

After our mini photo shoot we ran over to class! It's my class where we talk about practicum- things we did well, things we messed up on, any ethical issues, etc. I thoroughly enjoy this class. 

Right after class, 4 of us met with 2 ladies that were evaluating the interpreting program. The whole interview just gave me an increased gratitude for my major. It is set up so nicely and prepared me so nicely. I feel so ready now to get out in the "real world". I am so happy I chose to come to UofA. 

Once I got home, I finished getting dinner ready and then the missionaries came over. We got to do a primary lesson of "fishing". It was great. 

Around 8, Steph, Annabeth, Andrew and I headed over to the movie theaters to see the new Hunger Games. Steph and I both had a "reward" for keeping our phones off the last movie, so we took advantage of it and got drinks and popcorn. An hour before the movie started I got to catch up with Ben and Jenk. It was great since I never really see them. The movie itself was pretty good! In my opinion, I think Jennifer Lawrence went a little overboard with her acting on some parts, but I still liked it. Oh and I am still Team Gale. 


Friday. I tutored all morning. Then I hurried over to dollar lunch. We had the best surprise- Isaac was finally finished with our roomie pictures! Poor kid had a million to work on. Unfortunately, we are goofing around in too many of them, so we didn't have a ton to choose from. After looking through every picture, I finally went to volunteer. 

I decided to take a picture with the class since I will only be going a few more times and I don't want to forget to get on. These kids are crazy but I love them. This classroom has helped my skills grow substantially! 




That evening, we went to laser tag for Syd's birthday party. Her boyfriend Zack and friend Trevor even made an appearance! The first round we played with teams and I actually did really well! I was in the middle of the scoring, and I was completely satisfied. The second round we did free for all and it was awful. I still didn't lose but I definitely didn't do well either. I made the mistake of going on the lowest level, where everyone from above can shoot you. It was still super fun. 


After laser tag, we moved the party to my house. We had cupcakes that were FABULOUS! Thanks to Steph!! 


Then we played silent football. Unfortunately I lost. Although really I got one strike for laughing and another strike for losing a dance battle. So yeah.... The consequence of losing was drinking an awful concoction. It was so bad it opened my sinuses and made my eyes instantly water. IT WAS AWFUL. 

We concluded the night with our typical "what if" game. It is always a hit. 


Saturday I went to a 50th birthday luncheon. My roommates teased me it was for my "50 year old boyfriend". Don't worry, it was really for an interpreter I've worked with. Plus there were at least 30 other people there! 

That evening, Steph, Syd, Shauna and I were treated to a dinner at Sanahins. As bonus we went to Frost for ice cream. IT WAS SO FREAKIN GOOD. 




Sunday was church, the usual. After church we had a RS meeting and had some paparazzi.  



That evening we had an awesome fireside! 6 or so recent converts shared their stories and my heart was definitely touched. I learned so much by their testimonies! 





This week is going to be a doozy! 
I mean only 2 days and then I'm heading home. It's going to be fab! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top