November 9, 2014

Since becoming a UA student, I have grown a love for football. I will probably continue to watch their games when I graduate because they are so fun. Nothing can beat being on the 30 yard line, 5 rows up. It is amazing. So fun jamming with the "zoo" and raging. Even the long wait to get into the stadium can be fun.

Anyway, this Saturday was our homecoming game! Back track to Friday.

I drove to Mesa on Friday because all my roommates had other family things going on. So I wanted to play with my family too even if it meant being home less than 24 hours.  After devotional, I headed home. Upon moving to Tucson, my grandpa has encouraged me to drive the "scenic" way home. It takes an extra 20-30 minutes though, so I've never had the patience to tack on extra time. Well I decided I should finally do it so I can tell my grandpa I drove it and to see if I liked it better. It was actually faster than I expected and there was NO traffic. It was great. Once I was about 30 minutes away from home, my light came on my car saying I needed maintenance. I've always had the light come on and say "maintenance required soon" but this time it said maintenance required. So I freaked and drove straight to Toyota. My mother was a saint, like always, and picked me up so I didn't have to wait a few hours.



My love. 

My mom and sister went to "Time Out For Women", DJ went on a date, and my dad took Nate to the movies with his friends for his Bday. So I decided to go out with my friends to the desert. Unfortunately on the way there, one of the tires had a blow out. Luckily boys know how to change tires, so I was just the flashlight girl. 

Saturday I woke up somewhat early to get a haircut. I've been needing it forever and Kelley was so kind to accommodate to my schedule. We got a good 45 minute chat sesh in too, which is always nice.

As soon as my hair cut was done, I rushed back to Tucson for the homecoming festivities. I made it just in time to get a little ready and then walk over to the parade. The homecoming parade consisted of Syd and her family (including her grandparents on both sides), Steph and me.




These alumni cheerleaders were my favorite part. 


After the parade, EJ, Syd, Kenzi (Syd's sister) and I went tailgating. We tried to find our friend Matt and his business tailgate. After about 20 minutes, we finally found him and got some free drinks. 

Then we headed over to the game to line up and the party started! EJ had a lot of sass and the dance off started right away with a little "pop, lock and droppin it". Haha. While saving like 6 rows of seats for the late children. 



Maddy is one of my favorite people, and yet we don't have any pictures of the two of us. So it was pretty vital that we finally took one after a year and a half of friendship. 


This was Jared taking a picture of us. 


Cuties. 


Some of the party rockers. I love how you can hold up a camera/phone and everyone pokes their head out. It's kind of hilarious. 


I also love Miss Ali even if I look like a turtle in this picture. 

The game did NOT start well. The whole first quarter was AWFUL. To be honest, I was so ready to leave. It was stupid. Thankfully we came back and ended up winning 38-20. 

After the game, some peeps came over and watched the Oregon/Utah game. Then once the adults left aka parents, we got out the cheesecake and the real party started. 


Sunday. Wow. What a weird day. 

1. My roommates didn't come because they were with their families, so that alone made it a little "off". 

2. Annabeth was in charge of break the fast, but I didn't see her in sacrament meeting, and I started stressing that she forgot. Thankfully I eventually realized she was at her niece's blessing and delegated the preparation. In my head, I was planning how to prepare food for all these people without breaking the sabbath. Haha. I was stressin a bit. 

3. My phone charger is broken, so it did not charge the night before. I charged it in my car on my short ride over to church, so it was up to 12% but that wasn't going to get me far. 

3. The RS pres was in Idaho (which I knew), and the 1st Counselor recently had surgery, so she only came for sacrament. I was banking on the secretary being there, but she wasn't (probably visiting family in Phoenix). So that left me to conduct and get RS going. Well when sacrament ended, we realized the person that was supposed to teach RS wasn't there. Thankfully I was able to laugh instead of cry. Mind you, my phone was about to die and I needed to plan a lesson. So I sat in my car during Sunday School, charged my phone on my car charger and read through the lesson. I was so blessed and was able to prepare in enough time. Plus everyone was super good about participating so it went really well. 

That is the end of the weirdness. 

After break the fast, Syd was a gem and took my graduation pictures for me. Unfortunately the weather decided to heat up again, so it was pretty hot. Well, for November it was hot. We made it though. 

I'll give you a little sneak peak of the pictures I am not using for my graduation announcement. I'll post them all on facebook after I get my announcements sent out. 


Can you spot me? Haha. 














Finally....My extravagant balloon release. Hahahaha! 




They all stayed together and got caught in the trees. So extravagant! 



Now for a new week! The weekend is going to be SUPER busy, but I am ready! I finally feel stressed free and now I'm ready to party these next 31 days!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top