I was fortunate enough to have my break start on Tuesday! After practicum, I drove home with a fellow jackrabbit, Sean Lussier. He had quite the stories to share and kept me very alert.
Wednesday I didn't really have anything I needed to do. It was pretty nice. I helped my mom around the house, went running (which never happens), and watched a few episodes of Chuck. It was the epitome of a "day off". I even earned some extra money to help pay for some end of the year things.
Thursday was thanksgiving of course. I was told we were going to all do the turkey trot as a family. None of us were pleased with that, and somehow we all got out of it. Which also meant we got to sleep in, which was lovely. By the time we got ready, it was time for a Despain family turkey bowl. Half my family likes ASU and the other half are not devil worshippers, so it works out nicely. Of course the UofA team won! 4-0 I might add. We also have the advantage of 3 real football players on my team. ASU had no real football players. So the odds were not in their favor, although payson's height called for many interceptions.
Thanksgiving Break
I converted Alie....It may have been with my sparkly tattoos (mine is on my arm).
WINNERS!! (no thanks to me of course)
ASWHO??
During half time we gave Jayne (my autistic cousin) the ball and she scored a touchdown. It was the highlight of my day.
After our game, and nearly dying from my allergies (very dramatic but they really were awful), we headed back to my house for the big thanksgiving feast!!
It was delicious of course.
After the feast, we were all so ready for a nap from eating too much. The boys watched a football game, and the girls talked at the kitchen table. Eventually my dad decided to put up the christmas lights, so Alie and I were his little helpers. We made a great team. Well until my dad started saying stuff about falling off the roof and making me paranoid. Then I had to go inside and turn my job over to DJ.
Once the lights were up (and everyone came down safely) we went to the movies to see Catching Fire. I had a DP and plenty of popcorn, so I was very content. The movie went by much faster this time, and I didn't react as much thankfully.
As soon as we got home, Vanita, Alison and I went black friday shopping. I am usually opposed to going on actual thanksgiving but I knew Friday wasn't an option. It was definitely a success though and I got some new clothes to motivate me to get ready these last 2 weeks. Haha.
Friday was the big day I had been awaiting!! By 8:15, I was heading to Tucson for the big football game! Ben was a gem and went with me. He was the perfect road trip buddy and I got to revisit my junior high music like Jimmy Eat World AND he introduced me to the rapper Krispy Kreme.
We arrived at my house the same time as the Richardsons, so we headed over to the stadium with Syd, Rory, and their dad. The next few hours were spent waiting. It was all worth it though!
Once the game actually started, the sun was a bit miserable. It was really hot and I didn't have enough water. The sun was right in our eyes until the last 30 seconds of the game. It was worth seeing them win AND storming the field! The hype of the crowd was so fun! It was the perfect last game!
Our band had good sportsmanship and collaborated with ASU.
Our fav, Sani!
We made it back to the valley in good time, and treated ourselves to some Jamba Juice.
I ate dinner, changed my clothes and then went to a bonfire with Aly and Amber. We jammed to T-Swift and talked about boys of course. The bonfire was a huge event. I actually saw a ton of people from high school, which was weird. I wasn't a fan of the event. Everyone just kind of stares at eachother and will only talk to the people they came with. It is really dumb.
Saturday I was in the car yet again! My family took a day trip to Sedona. We hit the road by 10:30 but we got stuck in traffic due to an accident. So what should have been a 2 hour drive turned into a 3 1/2 hour drive.
Selfie central.
Once we got in, we ate some lunch and then went on a mini hike. We didn't have much time, so my dad set the timer for 20 minutes. We hiked until it went off, and then headed back to the car. We had a mini photoshoot too. How can you blame us with the pretty scenery??
After our 40 minute hike, we drove to claim our pink jeep tour! It was basically off roading in a jeep that can handle everything.
Morgan was freaking our 90% of the time and mom was bundled like we were in New York.
After our jeep tour, we went to a fancy restaurant in our not so fancy clothes. Fortunately, we were in hippie town, so we still kind of fit in.
Sunday I decided to go to church with Aly, which is also Vanita and Madi's ward. It was 2, which was nice to have all morning to chill.
I love documenting everything, but Vanita loves pictures even more than I do, so naturally we got a picture.
That pretty much summarizes my break.
Although I traveled 14 hours. I have no regrets though AND I didn't even feel exhausted today!












0 comments:
Post a Comment