December 9, 2014

Last week was full of sports!

1. Tuesday evening was a UA basketball game, so I figured it was worth ditching my class. I realized I would only be able to go to one other game this semester, so it was worth it! Plus we played a school that isn't super good, so we totally won!

2. Friday evening was the big game against Oregon. We definitely did not bring it. On a more positive note, Taylor hosted a BBQ and the socializing was fun. The game on the other hand was not so good.


I am itching my nose...


3. Saturday was another basketball game. This was a much bigger game because it was against a school that is ranked. Syd, Steph and I lined up at 12, and we ended up getting there early enough to sit in the front section! We played a little "mad lib" and ate some cheap overpriced food. Finally at 3:15 the game started. Holy cow!!!! It was an intense game! We barely got into overtime, and once in overtime it only got worse. I had chills the whole time, and was shouting as loud as I could. The last few seconds, we were up by 3 points, and then they got 3 free throws! Oh my gosh! If you can imagine, the "zoo" (student section) was CRAZY!!! I have never felt so much energy at a game. Everyone was on their feet and being as loud as possible. It worked though because he missed EVERY SINGLE ONE. What a game!



Photo cred to Syd on both of these. 



That was the end of the sporting events.



Saturday evening we had the annual Institute Winter Formal. Somehow I have missed every single institute "couples dance", even though I helped plan most of them. This time I finally went!

Friday after tutoring, I headed over to the institute to help decorate. Even though it can be a pretty stressful time, it is always so fun. In my opinion, most stress induced things are the most memorable. Anyway, right after the game on Saturday, Steph and I had to frantically rush to our makeup appt. She had two free makeovers at Sephora. We decided the dance was a perfect excuse.
Unfortunately, we were pretty late to our appointment. Fortunately, they didn't care at all.
Unfortunately Steph lost her coupon, fortunately they didn't care.

Once we got home, we quickly got dressed and then headed off to the dance.

There was not as good of a turn out as I expected, but all the people I usually dance with were there. So I was pleased. Plus they had fondue for dessert.

We killed it on the dance floor and I went home sore.


A few other fun things from the week.

-I met with my teacher on Monday about my final interpreting assignment. She gave me awesome feedback and made me feel even more confident about going into the "real world".

-Drew and I had a "friend date" on Wednesday and went out to Chilies.

- I went to a "Waltz Class" at the institute. It reminded me how bad I am at partner dancing. I also try to guide/take control. No guy really likes that though. That's why I don't partner dance!

- I had my LAST CLASS EVER!!! I will still attend many more classes, but they will not be for me. Instead I will be interpreting them. :)



My semester is practically finished. I don't have any finals. Now I am just finishing some things. I still have institute and tutoring, so I am not completely done with campus.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top