December 30, 2014

Christmas Happenings 


It definitely came and went this season. I never really got in the true Christmas spirit. 

Christmas eve we did our usual party at my aunt and uncles house. They always decorate to perfection. Our party consisted of eating dinner, acting out the nativity, and gift exchange. 

Alie got to be Mary this year, and she definitely got into the character. 






The gift exchange was probably my favorite up to date. My grandma gave all the girls some of her jewelry she had growing up, most being homemade. I will always treasure it. 



Christmas morning we were somehow convinced Nate to sleep in til 8. It was fabulous. We opened our gifts, and wrote a goal/what we will improve to give back to God. 

After the gift opening, I hit a wall and did not feel well. My family went to my grandma's for breakfast and I slept all day. They got back around 2 and then we just chilled. 



Reunited. 

My sweet YW President took time out of her extremely busy life to take us old laurels to lunch. It was so fun to hear what everyone has been up to and relive the past a little bit. 





Love Life. 

I've been debating what I want to say about this. I guess I'll share how it led up to it. 

His name is Jacob Wilson. He went to my high school but I didn't really know him. I knew of him because of who he was dating. 

I ran into him back in October at a Gilbert Stake Conference. I remember thinking he looked like a good boy and was pretty attractive. 

Fast forward to now. 

I went to my Mesa ward's FHE the day after I got home. I decided I should jump in with two feet. Well he was there. He almost went to another ward because their activity was super fun, but he decided to stay. I wanted to sit by him during the activity, but it didn't work out that way. Near the end of the activity, I found an excuse to talk to him and his friend. He ended up getting my number and tried to invite me to something that week. I unfortunately was going to be in Tucson for graduation. 


We ended up going on a date on Friday and it was SO FUN. One thing I knew at the end of that date was that he knew how to have a good time and make me laugh. 

Saturday there was an ice skating event, and we were both there. Neither of us knew how the other felt, so we didn't really talk until the end. 

Sunday we went to a fireside together and then played games. When he drove me back home, he lingered a little bit to talk and then I could tell he was into me. 


Monday and Tuesday I was dying so we didn't hang out.

Wednesday was Christmas eve but we found an excuse to hangout and we DTRed that night. 


I wont continue the play by play of every day... Here are the two pictures we've taken. 



Zoo lights and temple lights. I guess we just like pictures with lights. 



He is good at finding things to do and not just sitting at one of our houses watching movies. 

Life is good in the Lauren department right now. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top