I have been home for almost a week now. When I started to move my stuff back on Sunday, I had a rough time. I started to miss my life in Tucson and was pretty nervous about adjusting back into my life here. Change is always hard. Monday I tried to move some stuff in, and started to think about potential roommates. I decided I should figure out a job first though.
I was going to go to Vanita's FHE since it was the easier thing to do, but I decided I should be brave and go to my own. I was hoping one of my old ward members would be there, but none of them were. I wanted to turn around but I ended up staying. We went Christmas caroling in a huge decked out extravegant trailer.
Fortunately I knew some of the leaders so I chatted with them.
Once we got on this sweet ride, some people friended me.
After our ride around the block, we went back to Bishops house (who is also my neighbor) and had hot chocolate and doughnuts.
By the end of the night, I was happy I went and proud of myself for putting myself out there.
It helped me feel an inch more adjusted.
Tuesday morning I had to wake up at a gross hour to take a test in Phoenix. It was a written test about interpreting. Thankfully I passed and now I'm one step closer to being certified!
That evening, my mom and I spent 2 hours at Target Christmas shopping. When Alie finished dance, she demanded she be dropped off at Target so she joined us. By the time we got home it was like 11, and I still had to finish moving some things in so I could reload my car the following day.
Wednesday I drove back to Tucson. I said some goodbyes, packed up more things, dropped off tickets, etc. In the evening, Steph and I went to our traditional Baggins. Then we picked up Syd and browsed Target til our movie started. We saw, "St Vincent". It was a really good and cute movie. It had a lot of swearing, and Steph got a kick out of me laughing every time they swore.
Thursday was my big day!! I was definitely pampered. Steph and Austin made breakfast for me, and all my friends took the day off to celebrate. We went to BJs for dinner and then drove back!
Friday I got a new car as a graduation gift. My dad also kicked me off financially, and took my credit cards away. The car was to set me off on the right foot. It is still a toyota camry, just a newer generation. It has so many cool features and drives so nicely. I love it.
My mom was so sweet and she got my old car washed, and cleaned it out for me.
We spent way too long at the car dealership, and my dad was not too pleased.
That evening I went on a date with Jacob Wilson and some of his friends. He had to deal with people flaking all day, but it all worked out! We ended up going to San Tall Mall for a "seflie scavenger" hunt. Bascially we had a group message going and someone would text the object. Then everyone would race to find a selfie with that object. Then you would submit the picture in the group text. It was pretty fun, but we definitely lost. We didn't get all the messages so we were way behind and lost.
After the scavenger hunt, we took a few trips around town to buy stuff for homemade ice cream. We didn't really help making the ice cream, but it turned out great!
Saturday was my FINAL moving day. My dad, and brothers were so kind and they drove down with me to move the rest of my furniture. Let's be honest, they did all the work. They had to carry all the heavy furniture down the awkward stair set up. They were troopers though and I appreciated them!
Once we got into the valley, we dropped off the furniture at my aunts (they let us borrow a bed and dresser), and took the rest to DI. Xaviers is right next to DI, so I requested we eat there for lunch. It was heavenly.
That evening was the Christian Dance performance. Alison was in it, and that made it all the more special. I basically cried through the whole thing. It is a very powerful performance. I also reminisced of dancing with JaKelle in two of the dances, and that only doubled the tears. It is fun to remember the happy times though.
After the performance, Sarah, Vanita and I went to a ice skating YSA event. Vanita was a social butterfly so I wasn't with her much. Sarah and I spent an hour and a half skating around the rink and catching up. I also ran into a few old ward friends that recently got home from their missions.
I got some awesome blisters, but it was worth it!
Sunday consisted of church, music fireside and game night. Shoutout to Sarah for being my partner in crime and going to everything with me. I wish she could stay longer than 2 weeks!
Monday I got a cold. Lucky me. I felt AWFUL, but I was determined to get my christmas shopping done. So I ran to a few stores, and toughed it out.
Tuesday (today) I am feeling even worse. Yay me! I'd rather have the worse of it now than on Christmas!
Let's just hope I can finish moving all my stuff in this week. I hate having my stuff all over.
On a brighter note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPH SMITH! YOU ARE MY HERO.

0 comments:
Post a Comment