May 28, 2017

Monday

School consisted of pancakes, kickball and Moana. Not complaining at all. Happy Last Week of school to me.

For FHE, my new ward had a talent show. Madison couldn't go, so it was just Elise and I. It was a good way to see everyone's personality. I made a goal to introduce myself to one person, and I talked to the cutest girl who I think I need to set up with one of my guy friends.
After reaching my "goal", Elise and I decided we were good to dip. We ended up staying at least a half hour in the parking lot just talking.


Tuesday

Sunsplash. :)

Since the beginning of the year, there has been a lot of hype about the 6th grade trip to Sunsplash. Well the day finally arrived.

I still had to go to A hour beforehand, so I had to get semi ready/presentable.


The students all lined up at 9, but the teacher told me to get a head start so I could find a parking spot. **I was the 3rd car there. Lolz. So I got to just sit in my car and jam while I waited for the buses. It took 5ever to get into the park. Once in, we had to wait til 10 for them to actually open it. By this point we were all sweaty from standing in the sun.

I asked my student beforehand if she wanted me close (not right with her but close) or if I should just go on my own. She said to just do my own thing. I did not object. Although I later felt bad because she took off her hearing aids so she could not hear a darn thing. But she was okay with it, so all the more power to her.

There are 3 aids that work in the 6th grade department, and we were buddies for the day. 2 of them are moms, and one is a boy around my age. One of the moms HATED the slides and screamed the whole way. It was too fun to just let loose. We also spent some time on the lazy river until we couldn't handle the kids pushing us over and over again (i felt like the grumpy old neighbor).

We really didn't have that long there. The buses told us last minute that we needed to be LOADED on the bus by 1:15. That meant we only had 3 hours at the park. When it hit 1, all the aids, and teachers walked through the parking corralling all the students. It was quite stressful trying to find everyone. I don't do well with being late or stress. You did not want to mess with me. By the time it was 1:30, we were still missing 3 girls. I just had this gut feeling they had to be on a slide. I told the teachers they could start walking to the buses. I drove myself so I'd keep looking. Sure enough, they were on a slide. They were near tears, they thought they were left and felt so bad.

By this point, I really deserved a DP, and QT was conveniently right next to Sunsplash....


When I got home, I just crashed. I slept until dinner. I debated going to dance because my eyes were just done. I'm happy I went though. We did a fun jazz dance.




Wednesday

My Grandma Stahle had another stroke (she's been in a care center for over a year) and was not looking too hot. She was put on hospice and approaching near the end of her life. So my parents went up to be there with her and the siblings. ***Thursday night she totally turned around and is doing totally fine now. I guess she gets a little longer at life. Or she just really wanted to see my dad ;) 








All the teachers had an all day in school meeting, which meant we had a sub and had to actually work :( But really it just meant I sat there all day while they took end of the year tests. Thankfully we had a break for a mini recess, plus practiced for graduation. Also all the teachers in the meeting bought all of us "aids" Backyard Taco. 

That evening Sarah, Kelley, Jena and I all went to dinner at Joe's Farm Grill. Sarah and I had never been, so we chose the place. I personally don't think it really lived up to all the hype, but I mostly hated the flies and the way I felt after eating. It was definitely comfort food. 


It was our 5 year mark of being graduated. CRAZY. 
Also please note Jen's cute baby bump. 

We of course had to facetime Sher and Vanita since we were ALMOST all together. 

Everyone in our group chat was lame and didn't want to do anything after. So Sarah and I just chilled at her house while her dad shared their yummy tomatoes from their garden. 



Thursday 

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!! 

I can't believe the school year is over. 1,260 hours at the same school with the same student. I think I also deserve a pat on the back for getting up for A hour EVERY STUPID DAY. That's a big accomplishment for this night owl. 
I have both cried, laughed so hard I've cried, and everything else in between at this school. It's crazy it's over. 

We had 6th grade promotion today. It was fun to see all the students walk across the stage (even the students that I don't necessarily like). I was of course super happy and proud of my sassy little student.  



I hope I stay in the district for 2 more years so I can see her when she reaches high school. I am eager to see who she becomes. 


The rest of the day was just chill. 
One room had games, and the other had a movie. 
The highlight was the dance party the last half hour 
and everyone giving "speeches". 


We had PE for a half hour. 
I FINALLY played basketball with my MVP student. 

James, my coworker decided to dunk. I love the student's reaction. 




My coworkers are what really made this place home and a fun place to be. I will sure miss them all. It's been a fun year!! 

I'm sad but also like HAPPY SUMMER. Cheers to sleeping in, tan lines and partying. 




Friday 

I had a list of things I should do, but also didn't have to do any of it. It was so great having a chill day. I laid in bed for awhile (re-downloaded mutual and spent way too much time on it), finally went running, did insanity. Then went on a spontaneous lunch date, so I had to actually get ready. We went to Costa Vida and then went our separate ways since he had work at 3. 
Since I was actually "ready" I had motivation to go into the office. I went for a few hours then picked up the ninos for dinner. We had a celebratory dinner at Kona Grill. 



The night ended hanging out at Coltens and playing "Speak Out". I was the worst at it. I think they need to make smaller ones for people with small mouths. Colten was a rockstar though so WE WON


Saturday 

I planned to prepare my talk all morning, but ended up only spending like 20 minutes on it. I'm trying to not actually write it all out this time. 

Zach had a BBQ and pool party. His family rocks and were the best hosts. 
After everyone ate, we played basketball, and a game of volleyball. I opted to be on the better team, but that also meant I had to tread water the whole time. Still debating if it was worth it. Haha. But in basketball I shot a basket which is a miracle. So that was my contribution. 

We ended the night with a mini after party at Coltens, watching The Shallows. It wasn't as awful as I anticipated. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top