Saturday cont...
My stake, and Mesa West stake put on a Luau. To be honest, it didn't quite live up to the hype of last years. It was ight. They had some Hawaiian performers, and then a dance. Literally no one was dancing, so we didn't last very long. Some people in my ward had an after party. First they deep fried oreos and put them in ice cream- so unnecessarily unhealthy but so good. To top it off, Colten put his "bartending" skills to use and made us a drink complete with sugar around the rim. Also a 10/10. Naturally now that we all had food babies, we put on our swimsuits and got in the pool (really just the hot tub). We then all just talked and Colten told a funny, long-gated story of 5 guys in my ward all going for the same girl at the same time. We were all very engaged and soon it was 12:40! Whoops.
The party was not over at my house though. Al had her prom group over watching a movie in the backyard. I eventually tapped out at 2.
Sunday
Mom was a gem and road with me to pick up a chair from my old Gilbert house. Then drove us over to my new house in East Mesa to drop it off. Then I crashed again for 2 hours til it was time to get ready for church.
I feel like I talked to no one at church. Which tends to happen on Linger Longer Days because we are all over the place trying to get everything ready. I left church wondering what I even did those 3 hours.
For dinner, Elise and Madison joined us. It was pretty lowkey. Around 7 everyone dipped and I went to the temple visitors center to see the new Joseph Smith movie. It was like we were all back in high school walking around the temple for a few hours after just talking. The movie was definitely good though- I'd recommend!
Monday
24 more days of school :)
FHE was literally the best it's been in a long time. It was all because SYDNEY RICHARDSON was there!! And she was the cutest and got on her knee and asked me to be her bridesmaid. I won't tell you what she gave me just in case one of the other bridesmaids are reading. ;) I'm so excited to be in her wedding party (bridetribe)!!!!! It's definitely going to be a party!!!!!!!!!!
It was also so prime because Elise, and Madison came, plus my friends in my ward AND all my high school friends that are still single. I left with my socializing tank full.
Tuesday
My student and I had the best day we've had in awhile. She did her work, and we were able to have fun. 10/10.
I had a long list of things to do with the move. Having the day off (from the office) was perfect because then I could knock it all out in one day.
At my dance class, we learned our whole dance for the show. Granted, it's like a minute long, but we learned quite a bit. Also, my teacher doesn't give compliments too freely, but she told me I look great doing the dance and I should do the show with them. I felt very honored.
I also left the dance class with a text asking me to teach the lesson in RS. Wish me luck!
Wednesday
My ward friends finally added me to their group chat so now I am officially a wardie. Now I have a party crew. ;)
They ended up having a crap ton of work at the office, so I didn't get out of there til after 6. I still decided to go to the temple since I already had a skirt on (who would want to get all ready the next day too???). The rest of the night was spent doing laundry, going for a run, taking more stuff over to the new house and finally buying tickets for the D-Backs game on Saturday.
Thursday
Another awesome day with student. Those are always treasures.
My bff Elise is a teacher at Highland. A lot of her students are on the dance team, so she invited me to go see their end of the year show with her. I of course gladly agreed. The whole theme was about movies. It showed the great difference in Elise and my taste in movies. I loved the High School Musical, hairspray, etc. She loved the Insidious, suicide squad, etc.
It was so fun to reminisce on my high school dance years. Even after 5 years of being graduated, I still feel so sad when the seniors do their final senior dance. Although I think I was the most sad when my sister did her dance as a senior (and I was a sophomore). I was so sad we wouldn't be in school together anymore.
Friday
Sometimes, I'm really stupid. Sometimes I stay up way too late and then work off of 2 hours of sleep. A hour and the initial waking up was a little rough but I was a-okay the rest of the school day.
This is a tangent but it will become relevant. Typically at schools, interpreters are kind of outcasts. Especially if you are the only interpreter at the school. We don't get a lot of interaction with other adults because we follow our student all day long. For lunch, we/I typically eat in the lounge with whoever else is in there. Typically an aide or maybe a PE teacher. This year, I got super lucky. The 6th grade department is so much fun! I love the teachers I work with and the aides. I can always count on lunch to turn around my day and give me a good laugh.
Anyway, today was "my teacher's" birthday. So we had a little party for lunch. We had Mexican food from Mangos, plus a chocolate cake (courtesy of my angel mother). James and I were the lucky ones that got to leave campus for a little bit to pick up the food. I guess you could say it's been a party day all around.
That evening I hung out with my ward friends. We watched Dr Strange (it wasn't really my type of movie), and had snow cones. I left a little early for an ice cream date.
Saturday
I spent the whole morning planning my lesson for RS. I had a good outline going, and then decided to make a powerpoint with it. That of course took a lot of extra time.
We were going to get sushi for al's birthday for lunch but she got home too late. So instead Nate and I got chick fil a.
Every summer the all the YSA's have a "night out" at the D-Backs game.
I seriously feel like you are always moving. haha
ReplyDeleteWell I moved back home as a mini transition until my friend bought her house, so I did just recently "move". But before then I lived in the same place for a year. That's just YSA life I guess, constantly moving and new roommates.
Delete