April 22, 2017

Saturday

Later that evening, Elise, Madison, Ashley (we ran into her before the shower while shopping for a gift and then talked the whole shower and she is now one of our BFFs) and I decided to go to the food truck event by the Mesa Temple. I was a little disappointed that there weren't more trucks. But the truck we stopped at for dinner did not disappoint- tacos from Boca's.

The night was too young to go home, so we met up with some people in my ward. They were at a park near Colten and Mason's house, chilling in hammocks and slack lining. We didn't stay too long though because Madison wasn't feel well and some people were already leaving.


Sunday

Happy Easter. :)
In honor of Easter I tried to be very insightful of what the savior meant to me. I thought about our relationship and how I can show more appreciation for His sacrifice for me. While laying in bed, I thought back to my seminary days when we were supposed to write a letter to Jesus on Valentines Day. It sounds like a weird assignment but it actually gave me a lot of growth. This year, I decided to do something similar that I think will be a new tradition- a gratitude prayer in regards to the Savior.


I wasn't sure if the easter bunny was still coming since we are all old now, but she did not disappoint ;) Also look at my dad's basket. HAHAHAHA.


My day was full of church. I interpreted a stake conference in which someone shared the sweetest story about his bestest friend that passed away and related it to our relationship with Christ. It was very tender. All the talks were very genuine. After I went to my parent's ward to hear my mom give her talk. Her topic was the resurrection. She gave the most perfect talk and brought us all to tears. 
I then drove to my ward still crying a little. I was late but came just in time to hear the easter musical numbers (always my favorite). 

Church was all around really good. We had treats in every class so I'd call that a win. 

After church, we had the traditional ham dinner with a few house guests- Grandpa, janice, Manny (my brother's friend who got baptized while DJ was on his mission), Debbie (my mom's single friend), Larry (uncle), Kyle (cousin), and TJ and Kira (my 2nd cousin and his wife). 

Grandpa also came in clutch with the homemade ice cream. :) 

I didn't stay too long because my stake was having an easter musical fireside. Unfortunately the turn out was pretty crummy, but all the performers did a fabulous job. 
I then ended the evening at Elise and Madison's house along with their friend Cody. 

It was overall a great Easter. I spent most of my time in church (7 hours), but I guess Easter is a good day to spend time in church. 




Monday

My student was still in Mexico enjoying the long weekend so I got to work at the high school. I loved it. Some highlights: PE, in which they played softball. There happened to be 3 planes that flew by pretty low while we were outside and they were all convinced they had bombs. Drama class was fun because the teacher was super animated and had funny responses to all the kids answers. It was fun to interpret. Nice change to what I usually anticipate. The photo class was interesting because it was all about photoshop. They rarely actually take their own pictures. Everything else was whatevs. 


Later that night for FHE, we were combined with 4 other wards. I listened very intently in church to hear what wards would be coming. They hesitated on the last ward and I had a feeling it was Taylor's. We were at Discovery Park so it would make sense to be his ward since they all live so close to it. I debated going because I feel like I don't really socialize when there is a plethora of people. I sucked it up and went. The whole theme was "Easter" activities (egg toss, easter egg hunt and tug of war??) We started with an egg toss. Colten and I were partners and I think we had the luckiest egg ever. I dropped it 8/10 times but it never broke. In fact we put it back in the carton when we were done. Haha. 
After the egg toss, I realized it was indeed Taylor's ward. That's always fun feeling like we are back in junior high and pretending the other isn't there. 
The good news is, since it was Taylor's ward that also meant it was Elise and Madison's ward and they came! Blessed again for going to FHE ;) 
We then ended the night watching two episodes of One Tree Hill because Elise needs to finish before they take it off Netflix in July. :( 



Tuesday 

It's that lucky time of year...the AZ Merit. I'm extra lucky (sarcasm) because I get to interpret it all.  Although I think I would rather that than just sitting there for 3 hours. That would be awful. Today was the writing portion so I guess in reality I did sit around for a bit. In the afternoon after lunch, they just had free time. It's going to be a very chill week for me. :)

I have been working later at the office this week, but I've arrived home right when they are ready to eat, so I'd say that's a win. I had a nice break until dance, so i drank dad's fiiz drink (he didn't like all the things added in to his beloved Diet Coke), and talked with mom and Al.
Dance was great like always. We went across the floor and I was reminded once again how sad my technique has become. We also started working on a jazz dance for their end of the year show. Which means I gotta bring it!




Wednesday

Day 2 of testing. The teacher of the deaf and I had to maintain great poker faces and keep our cool so we didn't kill our student for blowing off the test. Whatever. At the end of the day, they got extra recess and left early, so I guess I can't complain.

Also shoutout to Al and mom for introducing me to Sprout's sandwich lunch time special. Good thing I'll be a block away next school year too ;)

My plans fell through for the evening, so I spent the rest of the evening watching One Tree Hill with Elise and Madison. Plus enjoying Elise's sister's facebook fight 130 comments worth.


Also can we appreciate that Lucas had a picture like this in his room. 
I also have a picture like that and Alie makes fun of me everytime she sees it. 
Now I have proof that it was very much a 90's kid thing. 





Thursday

LAST DAY OF AZ MERIT!!! CHEERS!!!!!
It was actually super nice because the last HOUR of the day, the kids had "extra recess".
Elise had to administer it as well, so to celebrate being finished, we went to Chick Fil A for dinner. After we went to institute. I don't necessarily love the teacher but this week ended up being a really good lesson.


Friday

What a day. The teachers were told to do nothing academic, so we did just that. In the morning, two of the classes had a game of kick ball. All of us adults stood in the shade and watched. Then they had library, in which they built towers out of notecards, then lunch then here's the real money- growth and development class (Sex ed). I brushed up on some of my signs beforehand, but it was pointless, she was too embarrassed to ever look at me. The innocence of all the 6th grade girls was too cute.

They didn't have anything for me at the office, but I still had to go to the office to submit my hours. So Morgan and I talked on the phone for that hour long extravaganza.

Later that evening I had a date! We went to the Diamondback's Game and had super good seats! We were in the lowest section and right behind home plate. We scored!! I'm also not a super big baseball fan, but the 8th inning was crazy enough to keep my attention. It was a really good game AND we won!!



Saturday

Madison bought a house and today was her first official day as a home owner! That also meant moving day for the girls. We started at 7:30 and were very efficient! We did all we could with our muscles and cars until the men with their trucks came at 9:30.

I dipped out a little early so I could get Al ready for prom. She looked perfect and stunning, of course.




My ward does monthly temple trips but I've gone a total of 1 time. This month they were doing sealings. I was going to tap out, because who really likes to do sealings with their ward when they are not married. It sounds very awkward. I decided I needed to suck it up and go and do all my family names. It ended up being just the bishopric and their wives, plus 2 other young single adults. Believe it or not, it was not awkward at all. I guess I will have to add sealings to my rotation. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top