April 1, 2017

Monday

So y'all, I decided I'm going to hike the grand canyon with my stake. TBH, I'm pretty nervous about being able to do it, but I also want to prove to myself that I can. So I decided the best training I can do at this point is my Insanity Workout Videos because it is A KILLER. Plus it works on my cardio, legs and endurance. Everything I need.

Also side note, PE was hilarious. They were passing frisbees back and forth but of course they were flying EVERYWHERE. Everyone was constantly screaming and running around to avoid the frisbee. It was a hoot. Best belly laugh I've had in awhile.


Tuesday

I FINALLY made it to one of Alie's tennis matches. They were playing a team out in Scottsdale, which you obviously equate Scottsdale kids to be good at sports like tennis and golf. Alie definitely held her on in the match and rocked it.

We didn't get back in the valley til kinda late, so I opted to just pick up Costa Vida for myself. Then went to my dance class. They are performing in a show on Friday, so we learned a combination, and then danced it out half a million times. I was dead by the end.
Also I am not good at hip hop but the teacher was begging me to perform with them which made me feel really good.









That evening I FINALLY looked over my script for easter pageant and now I'm super pumped to interpret it. It's actually a lot easier than I anticipated too.



Wednesday

I drove all the way to the office, and then found out they didn't have anything for me... Cool.
Instead I got a car wash, and watched Greys Anatomy.


A few months ago, I saw Dan + Shay were performing in Scottsdale! Unfortunately, it was a school night, and I realized Taylor had dress rehearsal for easter pageant. I still really wanted to go, so I texted a few girls and eventually found someone who actually knew and loved Dan and Shay (they are so underrated). She lives with Elise, and Madison so I've met her a few times. Just the past few months we've been talking more. But at the concert, we realized we are going through similar things right now, so we really connected and boy did we sing our hearts out.


I also realized that the older I get, the harder it is to make actual real friendships with girls. 
Everyone already has someone, and is mostly interested in finding a man. 
So when you find a friend that you quickly connect with, it's kinda refreshing. 
I haven't had a "group of BFF girls" in awhile, so I'm excited to have Elise, Madison and Katherine. 



The concert was at Livewire which means standing the whole time. 
I was more prepared this time and wore keds instead of flats that would have killed my feet. 

The opener was Jackie Lee. 
His voice was dreamy. 
I'm so excited to download all his songs and listen to them on repeat. 






Katherine and I are both kinda short, but we found the perfect spot behind this short lesbian couple. 
RIGHT when Dan + Shay came out, this girl that is literally 6'5" stood in front of us. 
I am not exaggerating. 
The whole time, we had to constantly move to see in between people. 
Also tall girl had some friend that was WASTED. Pretty funny. 




Dan and Shay just sang to my heart and soul. 💕

They also let us just "give it to our exs" and played songs that allow you to just sing at the top of your lungs. It felt really good. It was such a fun concert. I'm so glad we went!! 


Like I said, they are underrated. 


Thursday 

I was not planning on going to the office on Friday, so they celebrated my birthday today. They had a cute HUGE cupcake for me, along with a sweet card and gift card to Amazon (now i just have to decide what I want to spend it on). 

When I got home, I walked into my room to see my laundry cleaned, and folded exactly the way I like it, PLUS flowers on my night stand. :) Happy Birthday to me. I started crying happy tears because it was just so nice of my parents, and made me feel so loved. 


I had a Grand Canyon meeting which was SO HELPFUL. I was starting to doubt my decision of going on the hike. I was kinda nervous. But the meeting pumped me up! Maybe because I had more of a plan and knew what to expect. But I am SO EXCITED again! 

After I hurried over to practice for Easter Pageant. My fellow interpreter friend, Alisse invited me to come to her house along with her "team" to practice for the easter pageant. It was super helpful to pick a part her brain, and kinda get a run down of the logistics. We are similar in our "planning minds" so she knew exactly what I needed to hear/know. 



Friday 

My Birfday. 

I really felt the love. So many kind texts throughout the day, plus many facebook posts. To be honest, I haven't been the greatest friend; not super social the past few months. So I was surprised how many people still reached out to me. I have a lot of good, kind people in my life. 

Per tradition, we get woken up by breakfast in bed being serenaded by the family. I was a party pooper and broke the tradition. I requested to just get up on my own (since it's 5 freakin AM) and just eat breakfast in my car (like I do everyday). 

They still ended up all serenading me once I was dressed and ready for the day, and I miraculously had time to eat at home before I left. Dad was cute and waited to leave so he could eat with me. Also shoutout to mom for breakfast and coming in while I was getting ready with a candle on a cookie. Lolz. She's so cute. 

I feel like it's important to mention that the weather was perfect. The sun was out with a light breeze-my birthday present from the earth ;)

Also per tradition, my mom brought me lunch. I opted for Xaviers, which has the worlds greatest bean burritos. My mom sure spoils us on our birthdays. 

When I got home, Morgan facetimed me. She also sent me the cutest video during A Hour of her and Conrad singing happy birthday. 



A few days ago, Alie said, I think you really need a massage for her birthday (which really meant she wanted to come too). I guess I should thank her for working her magic with the parents and getting s a massage. 

For dinner we went to Oreganos. Sooo good. I also got my free birthday pizookie. 





Also Shoutout to Vanita for more gorgeous flowers :) 



We then ended the evening with everyone saying the kindest, most thoughtful things about me.
Then of course cake and presents. I definitely had a fabulous day and great start to being 23!







Saturday 

I don't know if I've mentioned this.. My friend bought a house and she invited me to rent one of the rooms from her/move in with them. It's gonna be a party! It's been awhile since I was "hanging out" friends with my roommates. So I think it will be a good change. Unfortunately, it's back in the Mesa East stake but I'm hoping the ward is far enough east that it will be fine. Anyway, she asked her realtor to show us the house again. So we went at 8:30 before conference. I'm so proud of Madison!! She has her own big girl house!!

When we got back to their house, we turned on the tv to get ready for conference and quickly realized it started at 9 not 10. Haha. Oops. My bad.

So many of the talks were exactly what I needed to hear, so you could say it was just for me.
As soon as it was over, we headed over to Kneaders (hoping to beat all the other gilbert mormons).
It was also a little birthday celebration.

The next session, I watched it at my parents to which Alie's guy friends joined us. Another round of such great talks and inspiration.


Here's the real exciting update!!!!!! Syd found a wedding dress!!!!!!! She invited me, Sadie, Abby and her mother to accompany her. It was crazy how fast she fell in love with her dress!! It is absolutely perfect for her. She looks gorgeous and I am SO EXCITED to see her all dolled up on the big day. Also can we just talk about how much of a party her wedding will be!! Not to mention her bachelorette party. Wow!! Haha.



Since it was priesthood, we of course went out with the girls. My aunt and cousin also joined us. We went to Panera (sniff sniff, should be Paradise Bakery) and ended up staying and chatting for awhile after finishing our food. 

We ended the evening watching North Carolina beat Oregon and Moana. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top