So Taylor and I broke up. Maybe I will write about it another day but for now I'm just going to skip to Tuesday.
Luckily my A hour student didn't come, so I didn't have to focus just yet. I instead moved my car to the other parking lot (listening to piano guys because that's all I could listen to), and then went to the interpreter office. Ironically another student was out, so there was 3 of us in there. Eventually Olivia joined the party since her student was dressing out after weight training. I guess you could call A hour a tender mercy.
The rest of the day was just about getting by. Ya know.
My mom was sweet and brought me Chick Fil A (I think she knows food is my love langauge). Al was ditching school, so she came along for the "fun" too.
Later that evening, my cute cousin Kate finally got back from her mission in Ecuador. Her sister Natalie is currently living in Utah, and her flight was supposed to get in 10 minutes before Kate's. Luckily, Kate took 5ever to get off the plane, so Natalie made it with plenty of time.
Kate had the best reaction ever. She BOOKED it to her mom. I've never seen someone run so fast. It was precious. We are so happy to have her home. 💕
We made it home just in time to make it to my dance class...maybe also because I made mom speed.
It felt SO GOOD to jam. Dancing always does my heart good. I was looking forward to it all day.
Wednesday
Nothing really to share about school or the office.
My (Tucson) roommate, Steph decided to receive her endowments in the Gilbert Temple. I was lucky enough to be there. Literally lucky- she said it was the 6:30 session, but ended up being the 6:15 session. Thankfully we (mom and I) got there early enough so we still barely made it.
Also so excited for her to move to Gilbert in the next few months!!!!!
March 24, 2017
Thursday
I really debated between institute and the UofA game. I eventually decided that I'd really be kicking myself if they lost and I wasn't even watching. Sure enough they did lose. I'm still pretty upset about it. The only positive was the cake my cousin made, and hanging out with my family.
Friday
My aunt and uncle are wanting to move here from Utah, so they are house hunting. They came down for the weekend, so we had them over for dinner. We kinda gave them the run down on certain areas they were checking out, and especially talked about the high schools their kids would be attending.
Later that evening, Elise came in clutch and invited me over. We just sat on her bed and chatted. We also woke up Madison and had her come in the room too.
Saturday
I have a cousin, Jaden that has some cognitive disability (mental retardation). He turned 18 though, so we had a party with all the cousins! We hit up flipside and went bowling and then had lunch at his house. I actually did surprisingly well- maybe from all my practice going bowling on dates and what not. Haha. Al and I caused a little havoc though and had to go get someone to fix it twice. Whoops. Don't invite us, I guess. It was fun being with everyone and talking with my recent RM cousin.
Jaden said so many great one liners. Al and I were just DYING. I wish I could be around him even more.
His mom told us that he's been skipping the song "One Day More" from Les Mis for months. They eventually found out he was saving it for the day before his birthday and played it on repeat all. day. long. That kid is pretty clever.
I loved the vintage shoes. Also wish all my shoes had velcro straps.
Right after the party, I headed over to a meeting for easter pageant. I was asked if I was willing to interpret it, and have kinda put it off in my mind. But it's approaching, so we are finally starting to buckle down. My team actually loves interpreting plays, so this is right up her alley.
I wasn't really nervous until I saw how much everyone was prepping for it (even though they have all done it for years). Guess i gotta step up my game.
I am pretty excited to participate though.
And especially excited to have a costume ;)
Side note, the highlight of the meeting were these heavenly, lemon sugar cookies she made.
Amber was the cutest hostess.
Next was the women's broadcast.
I hurried my little booty home, but luckily mom wasn't quite ready yet either.
When she got home, we were ready to head to Chandler to watch with my cousins.
Then we realized Al was asleep in her room. Haha.
There was no way we would make it on time.
So we watched it in at home- which is what I actually kinda prefer.
The broadcast answered all my questions and spoke to my soul. It was exactly what I needed.
I also learned a lot of new principles that I had never thought of before.
We left after Pres Eyrings talk and drove to Gilbert to eat at Kona Grill with all the girls.
Then we came home, changed, and Al, mom and I went to see Beauty and the Beast.
We saw the 9 o clock showing, so we didn't get home til after 11.
**If you go to a movie with mom, you are guaranteed popcorn ;)
I think we were all impressed with the movie. 5 stars.
Sunday
I didn't have to be anywhere til 1:30, which was so nice. I laid in bed til 10, and just read. Then finally ate, tidied up my room, read some more, did al's hair, mom's hair and then finally got ready. This is what all Sundays should look like.
We then went over to my cousin's building for her homecoming talk. I realized that some of the students from the school I work at are probably in their ward. Sure enough...haha. That's the mormon community for you though, so many connections.
I also got to see my BFF Jack (the autistic kid I worked with last year). He sure knows how to make people feel like they are the most important person in the world. Everyone needs a Jack.
Kate rocked her talk. I liked the structure of her talk. She broke it down into three things she learned and then expanded on them. Very well thought out.
Right when she was done, I hurried home to get stuff for Linger Longer, then over to my ward.
It was our ward conference, so the stake president taught our lesson. It also seemed to be "just for me".
I missed most of third hour because I had to set up for LL. My friend Nico also informed me that I was scheduled to give the prayer in sacrament meeting, and they announced it too. But no one told me/asked me before hand and I wasn't there, so someone from the bishopric filled in. It also looked really bad because I was there for 2nd and 3rd hour but not first, so it looked like I ditched out. I felt kinda embarrassed.
Another side note, while we were setting up, a lady from the family ward was talking to me. She left and later came back and asked what my last name was. I was about to say, "oh I'm not from Gilbert, you probably don't know my family", but I told her anyway. She then responded with, I knew you were Carol's daughter! Isn't that crazy that she could just tell from looking at me. We must look more alike than I thought.
After LL, I had another meeting for Easter Pageant. I volunteered to help as a "frontliner". We finally had a meeting to discuss what our responsibilities would be. Honestly, the planner in me was just waiting to hear when we would be scheduled. I eventually found out our High Councilor was supposed to already sign us up for days. I have been on my toes waiting to hear, and it could have been solved a long time ago. Whatevs. So I finally signed up and now have a set schedule.
I also worked it out so I can now go to Olivia's wedding AND the grand canyon with my stake :)
Later that evening, I met up with Landon for the first time in like 8 months. It was fun to catch up and do our typical drive around Gilbert and talk. We also established that he will be my "best man" at my wedding. Haha.

0 comments:
Post a Comment