Spring Break

Cabin Trip

Friday was the end of the quarter, which meant party all around. At school, they literally just watched Finding Dory, which meant I had to do zero work. I just ate the yummy Harkins popcorn and watched the movie.





Nate, Al and my dad left in the first car because they were ready early. Taylor had to work later, so we left with mom around 5:30.

Once we got up there, I was mostly just watching the clock til the UofA game! It wasn't on til 9:30 though. In the mean time, we snacked and watched the game that was on before. No one else in my family really cared to watch the basketball game, so Taylor and I went down stairs along with popcorn and my DP.
We of course won- BEARDOWN. When it was over, I was wide awake (probably from drinking caffeine at 10 o clock). So we watched the end of a movie on tv, then called it a night.



I told Taylor to text me when he woke up. Nothing worse than waking up in someone else's house and just waiting for them to wake up. He woke up at an early hour of 6:30!! Hahahaha. So we just watched a few episodes of Boy Meets World. Then eventually made some breakfast.

Once everyone woke up, we went on a hike/walk through the beautiful nature.








Al wasn't feeling well- she said she'd rather clean the whole cabin than go on a hike. She did just that

When we got back, we were ready to go since it was already clean. In the mean time though, I showered, played taylor in a round of ping pong then headed out. 

We stopped half way in Payson at my family's favorite Mexican food place up there. I have been before but wasn't much of a fan. This time, I was much more convinced that it is the best in Payson. 



Once we all got back in the valley, Taylor went home to do some church stuff. 
I in the mean time caught up on social media-longest time off I think ever (27 hours). 

Later that evening, I went to his house, but I can't remember what we did now. 



Sunday. 

I didn't have to interpret because she was in California. It was really nice to have a normal Sunday. I was able to actually go to my linger longer meeting AND eat the perfect paninis sister LeSueur makes! Then I had down time again until my church at 2. It was so nice. 

Since I didn't already go to 2 hours of church, I was able to pay attention really well, and actually enjoy it. I also enjoyed catching up with people in my ward- I do actually like it! It's just more fun going with Taylor to his and learning the same things together. 

That evening, his parents invited some people in the ward to come eat dinner and watch a old movie. We had some spin off of enchiladas. They were pretty good though! The movie after was about some surgeons who shrink down to go inside someone's body to remove a tumor. The graphics definitely reflected the 70s. The acting and whole feel of the show is so funny how different it is to now. 
After the movie, we took his dog on a walk, then continued to go on a walk ourselves. Gotta soak up this nice night time weather while it lasts!!! 


Monday

My One Year Anniversary of Working at Merrill Lynch
but more importantly, my dad's 29th anniversary! 

Cool that we started the same day, huh! Although the anniversary I really care about is when I started interpreting on my own :) 

Dad was in Miami for work, so we couldn't celebrate. I still spent the whole day at the office and was lucky enough to be there the day we were fed breakfast AND lunch. What a life. 


Taylor was working out in Buckeye and had to stay even later, so he didn't get home til 7. He also had a research paper due the following day at 9 am. So it was crunch time. He was exhausted though, so I tried to help him get started by reading the requirements of the paper while he ate dinner. Then the real struggle was keeping him awake. He eventually decided to just go to sleep for 3 hours and wake up at 3. He is much more of a morning person. 

I would rather stay up til 3, than wake up at that hour any day!! 



Tuesday 

I got to do a session in the temple, go to work, and then do a little workout til i died of heat. 
That evening, Taylor had more homework that was due and he was exhausted so it wasn't too eventual of a night. 



UTAH TRIP

A month or so ago, Alie and I asked my dad if we were going anywhere for spring break. He said Nate had mountain man and he was going to New York, so we would just stay home. Al and I decided to go to Utah then and visit our sister. 

We got cheap allegiant flights to head out Wednesday afternoon (which of course was delayed). 



Holler at the exit row 




Morgan was so kind to pick us up, plus she had our favorite enchiladas ready for us along with rice, guac and a salad. THEN she made these perfect swig cookies that we happened to eat all of the following day. 



Thursday 

Morgan needed a doctor's appt and strategically planned to have it while we were in town. Which was perfect by Al and I because then we had a chance of him letting us hold him. 
Conrad was like a whole new baby though (as opposed to when they came for grandma's funeral). He let us hold him even if Morgan was near!! He was really showing his silly little personality too. My obsession with baby Conrad has increased (along with all his nicknames). 





Once she got back, we decided we needed a little shopping trip. Morgan had a valid reason- she has lost weight and needs new jeans. Most people can't lose the baby weight but some like Morgan are lucky enough to lose it and then some. Anyway, we went to Old Navy. I have no control and also bought jeans and a shirt. 




After we stuffed our faces and ate at one of my new favorite places- Cubbies. 
They had a delicious sandwich with sun dried tomatos, and pesto 
BUT the real prize was their sweet potato fries. 



If you could watch this live photo you would see him licking Morgan's arm. HAHAHA. 



When we got back, it was time for Conrad's nap. 
So we decided to start the show "This Is Us". 
Everyone has been raving about it,
AND Mandy Moore is in it! 
We watched 4 episodes until Conrad woke up. 
Side note- it is my absolute favorite show now. 
(even beats Grey's Anatomy, believe it or not). 

Then we had more of a Conrad photo shoot until Payson got home. 




Side note. He does this smile where his eyes are super squnity. 
We eventually realized he was copying Alie's smile but then it stuck. 
It's too cute though! 



That evening we went out for Sushi. 
It hit the spot once again, but unfortunately I wasn't too hungry after our huge lunch. 


Morgan needed more eggs, plus stuff to make a salad for a bridal shower, so we hit the store. 
On our drive home, we decided we need Nielsons too. 


I started watching the UofA basketball game on my laptop- yay for streaming it on dad's direct tv. 

In the mean time, Conrad was on the struggle bus. He could NOT sleep. 
He would wake up and cry. He wouldn't even stop when he was being held. 
Payson was a sweet husband and took Conrad on a drive til he fell asleep. 

Once he got back, we put on another episode of This is Us while I simultaneously watched the Arizona Game- which they did in fact win. 



Friday.
Last day. :(

We had a nice, relaxing morning in our pjs. We ate breakfast- shout out to Morgan for making German Pancakes. Then watched more of our show, packed up, got ready and drove near Paysons work for lunch. Morgan made an executive decision on Cafe Rio. Conrad was being so cute, so here are more pictures. You're welcome.








Sadly, it was then time to catch our flight in Ogden. 





We flew out of Ogden-Hinckley airport, which is the smallest airport i've ever been in. Honestly, we thought they didn't even have security at first. 
The funniest part is that the same people who check you in, are the ones that unload and load the plane. So you HAVE to check in 45 minutes before the plane departs or no one will be at the desk. 

Our plane was late getting in, but fortunately, we still made it home at the same time. 
There was a super drunk girl behind us in line, so Al and I were cracking up the whole time. 

Once I landed, Taylor called me to ask me on a date. He conveniently lives right by the airport, so I had my mom drop me off there. We got my favorite for dinner- Chick Fil A, and then went ice skating. When we got to the rink, we found out there was a hockey game, so the public skate was pushed back to 9:15. So we went back to his house til it was time. 

There weren't too many people on the rink, so we were lucky enough not to crash into a million kids. 








Saturday 


I had a lazy morning of more This Is Us. I eventually got my lazy booty out of bed to go on a bike ride, but the tires were all super flat. So I ditched that idea. Alie then told me she was prom dress shopping so I invited myself. Good thing too- I picked out her prom dress. 
Alie got super lucky, or just knows exactly what she wants- we only had to go to one store!! 
Which of course called for a celebratory soda shop run. 

My mom and dad got to go to a fancy ball that a hospital was hosting as a fundraiser. It was a black tie affair so it had to be fancy. I volunteered to do mom's hair, but she went the full 9 yards- nails done, fake eyelashes, floor length dress (al's winter formal dress), she looked beautiful. 


Anyway, while curling her hair, Taylor surprised me and stopped by my house after his easter pageant practice. Once I was done with mom's hair and my own, we went to his sister's so he could practice his duet for church the following day. I mostly just played with the kids/tried to keep them out of the front room. But eventually worked my way back down stairs to hear the last two run throughs. 
After we went to ModPizza for dinner, then over to my uncle's house to watch the Arizona Game. They didn't start out too hot, but of course they came back in the second half. The company was also good, as always. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top