Sunday was quite comical at church with all the GC hikers struggling to walk. We looked pretty pathetic. Haha. Also pathetic..later that evening I went to Elise and Madison's apartment. They live on the 3rd floor. Three flights of stairs, people. I honestly debated for a second whether or not I could do it. Going up wasn't too bad, but going down I ended up just running to get it over with. It was the absolute worst.
Monday
I thought having 2 days a part from my student would help, but not so much. She kinda hates me now for some reason. Idk. I guess she is just over that school life. I am now banned from interpreting everything EXCEPT gossip. Only 33 more days... right??? As a little pick me up, I got myself a big daddy from Soda Shop because i'm all about food therapy.
For FHE they announced we would be combined with 4 wards and it would be speed dating, but not speed dating. My old Mesa YSA ward was also there and on their facebook page it said, dating poker. I was definitely interested and maybe a little nervous too about what was going down.
When we got there, we swore our lives away by putting our names in a jar.
I sat with the only people that showed up from my ward (5 boys and 1 other girl) until they of course split us up.
For the first activity they did the "blind dating" game. The one where there is a girl on one side of the curtain and TEN boys on the other. She asks questions and then eventually narrows it down to one. They did like 3 rounds like that, and then switched to 3 rounds of the boy in the "date" seat. I was kinda praying I wouldn't get picked from the jar.
After they played a game of go fish, but the winner got everyone's fake money they put in the center. Then they went into a room and bid on date ideas. The girl that bid on the same idea would get paired up. My group just nominated a boy to take it all and go big. Haha.
TBH, I think there were too many wards to actually socialize. Kinda anticlimactic. But I'm keeping my goal of going to FHE, so I guess there is still a win.
Tuesday
32 days of school left. :)
All day I debated between helping with the easter pageant (make up for a shift I was going to miss), my fav dance class, or institute since I haven't been in at least a month.
My dance class ended up getting cancelled, which was probably a good thing because my feet still have blisters from the hike. I kept feeling like I should help with the easter pageant even though I didn't really want to.
Before my shift, I tried to look for a gift for Olivia's bachelorette party but had no such luck. I then treated myself to Chick Fil A and then headed to the temple. It was crazy busy, especially compared to last week.
I got to work in Handicapped parking again, which is my favorite because it's pretty chill and people are pretty understanding when we say they can't park there. There ended up being 5 of us "patrolling" which made for a good time.
When it was time to clean up, a lady with stage 4 cancer asked me to escort her to DQ where her ride was picking her up. She had a walker and was WAY AGGRESSIVE moving through the crowds so I think she was more an escort than me. Haha. She was sweet though and gave me a hug when we parted ways.
I think I made the right choice in serving in the easter pageant one more time. :)
Wednesday
I finally made it to another one of Al's tennis matches AND she rocked it! It was a good game (and thank goodness because it was pretty hot outside). I'm so proud of her though. Love my fierce tennis player. She hits every ball with so much power- she is a powerhouse.
I volunteered to leave before doubles (at that point it was 5), and pick up Nate from play practice. Of course the day I go to pick them up, they end up being 30 minutes late. Haha.
I then spent the evening looking for bachelorette party gifts for Olivia and then did a very mild workout. I still have some nasty blisters on my toes that I am terrified to pop. Plus my calves reminded me while I was working out that they are still sore.
Thursday
Just so everyone knows, my student apologized today AND said she loves me. So we are on good terms again. Haha.
Also my student has this shirt that I LOVE. I asked her where she bought and ordered myself one in XL. We will see if I can make it work. Haha. If not, I'll have to save for my future children. Lolz.
Oh and in case you can't read it because of the glare, it says KIND.
Later that evening we celebrated Olivia's last night as a bachelorette! Two of her friends found this place in Tempe called, Vertical Fix. I don't know how to explain it, but basically there are ribbons and we learned how to do little tricks on them. It was actually very physically challenging and all the instructors had super toned bodies because of how hard it is on your body.
I was pretty proud of myself for getting this one.
Getting up there is exhausting though.
Here are some very graceful pictures to show. Haha.
It was a super fun class. I'm so glad we got to go.
And happy bachelorette party to Olivia.
Friday
Poor Jared was so sick, so the sealer made it real fast. I have seen their relationship develop from the very very beginning when they hated eachother, all the way to when they decided to get married. I'm so happy for them. :)
Their reception was great because I got to catch up with some Tucson people (minus Maddy who I barely missed :( ). After I caught the last half of Jen's bachelorette party at Elise and Madison's house!
Saturday
I am officially a morning person. It's so dumb. I wake up early now on my own every.single.day.
It was okay though because I had to get up earlyish anyway for a bridal shower. I met up with Elise and Madison to get a bridal shower gift and we ended up running into someone who was also shopping for the same bridal shower. So we ended up all going in together on a gift.
The shower was so fun! They had such a great mix of socializing and games. My favorite of course was when they interview the groom and the bride has to answer all the questions. He filmed himself which was actually perfect because then he was even more himself. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I nearly cried at the end.
We also played the game where we make a wedding dress out of TP. I was the bride which ended up being good because I have no creative bone in my body and the girls got us 1st!!! HOLLER
Oh and to top it all off, they had a cute soda bar.
You can see why we won ;)
After the shower, Elise, Madison and I went swimming at their apartment. I think I got a few shades darker on my arms, so yay me!!!


I KNOWWWWW IM SO SAD I MISSED YOU!
ReplyDelete