Monday
For FHE, we were "speed dating". In my group chat someone said we should have our own "fhe" since the last speed dating was so lame. One person decided to be righteous and go, so we all followed. There are a few fun things to relay.
The person saying the opening prayer (bless his heart), prayed all about marriage. He prayed that we would find out future spouse TONIGHT, and said a few other fun things along those lines. Pretty sure everyone had an eye open, glancing at the person next to them, trying not to laugh. I felt bad for the kid.
There were 3 wards there; Temple View, Nauvoo Station and of course Greenfield (my ward). They set up the tables so one side was Greenfield girls and the other was Temple View boys. So we were forced to intermingle. Also when we arrived, they had us put our names into jars which were labeled by ward and gender. They started with the "dating game". They had one girl in the hot seat, and then 6 boys on the other side of the divider (only boys from the other wards). There were about 6 girls from my ward that showed up, so we knew we would all be selected at some point. I ended up having to go in the "hot seat", which is actually the much better end of the deal because I didn't have to answer questions. Also Faye helped me out at the end and held up a "5" so I knew who to choose ;)
I only had two questions and then I had to decide. My first question to narrow it down real fast was DP or Mountain Dew (I figured most guys don't drink Coke, typically Pepsi if anything). The other question the "host" made up; he asked the best meal they can cook.
After many rounds of this, we did "actual" speed dating. I met one guy, the first thing he said was, "I was on your panel and you didn't pick me". He was serious and real mad. I felt so awkward and bad. I didn't know what to say. I told him I was sorry and my pick was really just a random selection. I tried to lighten the mood but to no avail. Hahaha.
After all the "dating", we were talking about food and that led to Smashburger. Colten (not knowing I have the worst sense of direction), followed me there. We all stayed there for an hour or so after eating. Turns out, we are all moving sometime this month, so Colten will be the only one still in the ward...Poor thing.
Tuesday
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week
Madison had to stay later at school, so in the mean time, Elise and I watched One Tree Hill. I'm basically watching it for the first time because I don't remember ANYTHING that happens. Haha.
Since it's teacher appreciation week, we all get free food. First went to Chick Fil A to get our free sandwich BUT TURNS OUT, no location in the valley is doing it. LAME.
Luckily Chipotle loves teachers every year and we got our "buy one get one free" deal. We also binged a little with Guac too. We were literally in line for an hour though...
In true Chipotle Tuesday fashion, we ate it at home while watching One Tree Hill.
Later that evening was of course my dance class. We started learning the hip hop dance and it's gonna be good. Stay tuned for a possible video on Instagram ;)
Wednesday
My student was in the Orchestra Concert Assembly for the bulk of the morning. It's always a real treat to shake things up and get out of class. Since I am so close to going over my allowed hours, I got to leave an hour early. So all around a rockin day.
After school consisted of working at the office til 4:30, quick temple trip, Costa Vida and learning how to slack line. The boys in the group chat spontaneously decided to get the slack line out. After watching for the first 20 minutes, and getting eaten alive by ants, I finally tried it. Jason came in clutch and "spotted me" the first two times. The final time, I of course fell. I still landed on my feet (thank goodness), but I smacked my leg on the slack line. I already have a super cute bruise.
We had an extra dance practice because not everyone will be there for the last practice next week. Naturally she tweaked/CHANGED the whole hip hop dance so now i don't remember any of it. Golden.
After of course showering, I went and visited my BFF Landon for a little bit.
Thursday
15 days of school left. :)
Post school, I caught up on my Grey's Anatomy and FINALLY finished "This Is Us". I had been putting it off because everyone said it was THE WORST ending but I actually didn't hate it. Maybe partly from hearing everyone else talk about it- I already knew what was going to happen.
My student had her final orchestra concert. But jokes on me, she didn't even show up. I later found out she was getting her hair braided (basically dreadlocks) so she missed it. #priorities. Lolz.
It worked out though because then I got to go to a "pie party" not as late as anticipated. One of the girls on the GC hike made two kinds of homemade pie and had some people over. Her town-home has a community club house. First we played a game of Rock. I made the mistake of playing after Torin and he got me out within my first 4 turns. I beat him (and won) the next round because KARMA. We played a few rounds of rock, and then moved on to fooseball. Sarah and I lost against the boys and then eventually split so it was more even. Torin and I also played a game of shuffle board. TBH neither of us really knew how to play, so we kinda played wrong but it was a good time. He is competitive so there was a good amount of trash talking. I was pretty fired up. He ended up winning by 1 point.
Once the night was wrapping up, Aaron invited us all to go see Guardians of the Galaxy 2. We spontaneously went and Aaron ditched his friends to stay with us since they didn't save enough seats for us all. The movie was pretty funny. It had a lot of good humor. But it was also pretty crude and a lot of unnecessary things.
It was still worth staying up til 1. But really I just really like my friends and have serious FOMO.
Friday
To end off teacher appreciation week, PTO brought lunch for all the staff. They did Costa Vida style and it was right on point.
Nate is in his school play- The Wizard of Oz. Mom of course is the number one parent helper and got to star as stage crew as well. Haha. For some reason, I didn't realize Nate would have so many lines. He absolutely rocked it. I felt like a proud mother watching him up there. He sure has a thing for the performing arts. I'm excited for him to be in plays at the high school level!
May 7, 2017
Cutest stage crew ladies
After the play I went on a date featuring Sammies (ice cream sandwiches or a "donut sandwich"), games and an episode of Black List (i am now hooked). It was a good time!
Saturday
1. I got my haircut from Kel. Which I really get just to see her and catch up ;)
2. Dad helped me move my furniture into the new house. He also brought two strong priests, so I didn't really have to do anything.
3. Sarah and I went to the dance studio to run through our dance (we may or may not be ditching practice on Tuesday).
4. I finally ate lunch (at 3) and got ready for the evening.
Elise and Madison met me at a reception for our friend, Jen. It was at her in-laws house and they had the most elegant backyard! The real treat though was the catered Frost. Mmmmm.
5. The boys in our group chat went cliff jumping, but neither Sarah or I could go. So we met up with them after at Coltens. We played that game that guys love to play where if you lose in ping pong, you get to hit them in the back with the ball while their shirt is up. Of course sarah and I got a princess pass every time. Then the boys went in war mode and killed eachother. Once they were all wiped out, we played nerts? I think that's what it's called. It was the slowest game ever. I don't know why but no one was able to play their cards.
6. The real news.....SARAH IS GOING ON A MISSION!!! SHE IS SERVING IN OREGON AND REPORTS JULY 19TH!!!! It's been the hardest secret to keep! I'm so proud of her though for following the spirit and going to serve. It will be SO FUN to have her here in the mean time. I just gotta soak it up.
Sunday
I went to my new ward for the first time. It was quite the event. Someone texted me the day before and said, there's a deaf guy that is now attending my parent's YSA ward. Would you mind going to interpret. Turns out, it is my new ward. I said I would do this Sunday, but would prefer not to do it every week. It takes away from my church going experience.
When I arrived to church, the sister missionaries were waiting for me in the hall and said, "are you Lauren Stahle?" I was confused at first but soon realized they were waiting for me to direct me to the deaf guy. Then when I walked in, a leader said, "oh, are you lauren?" I heard the ward was small but MAN!! It must be really small if everyone already knew I was the new girl that was interpreting.
Anyway, all during sacrament meeting, he would interrupt my interpreting and want to talk. He also made many connections of mutual friends and knew what ward I was coming from. A bit of a stalkerish sunday. (It gets even better, don't worry). He bore his testimony so I had to go up on the stand with him and interpret. Happy first sunday, way to draw attention to myself.
When it was over the bishopric all introduced themselves. They are all the best and will be the highlight of the ward.
I then met with the bishop and found out that Elise, Madison and I are some of the oldest in the ward (I'm only 23). So this is a baby ward.
We had a CES devotional at 6, which meant we had to leave around 5:30. Dinner was pretty quick, but we made it in time. Sarah and I went together and met up with our friend Colten. We made another friend named Jamie who chilled with us for the night. They started the devotional late because there was another showing at 5, so we had to wait for them to filter out. Once we finally got in there, they were having technical difficulties. So they decided to have refreshments first. Then eventually cancelled the whole thing. Haha. So naturally we went to Colten's and watched a movie.
0 comments:
Post a Comment