June 3, 2017

Sunday

I woke up with a sweet cold. Thankfully my fountain of a nose didn't hit until linger longer.
My talk was alright. I feel like I couldn't really articulate my thoughts. I'll blame it on being sick too.
Right before church, the deaf guy texted me and asked if I was going to singles ward. I told him I couldn't interpret because I was speaking. He ended up finding someone else to interpret but she also plays the organ. So I ended up interpreting the beginning and end of the meeting and she interpreted the talks.

When I came home from church, I was D.O.N.E. I just hid in my room and laid down. Alie ended up also joining my hiding place. It's been awhile since we had real time together, so it was nice.

Around 8, I decided I needed to go out, so I went to a game night. Lyndy was house sitting for someone so she hosted a game night there. EXCEPT they had two big golden retrievers and a cat. So my allergies and cold were taking me down. Haha. We played Phase 10 which is one of my favs. I sat next to Colten which was lucky because he is a team player and cheats the whole time. Everyone sitting next to him always happened to finish their hand by some odd coincidence. It was a good night.


Monday

I slept ALL DAY. Literally. Happy Memorial Day to me. I would wake up for a half hour to an hour and then fall back asleep for a few more hours. It was glorious. Of course when it was time to sleep that night, I was wide awake. But all that sleep during the day helped nip it in the bud.


Tuesday

I worked at the office all day. Dad treated us to Sauce and I got to be the "intern" and pick it up. My favorite job (no sarcasm). Wouldn't it be so great to be someone's personal assistant?

I couldn't resist going to dance (even though I could barely breathe as is). It ended up being a slower contemporary dance, so I didn't actually die. It actually felt really good to dance.

Both Sarah's and my family were up north for the week for Youth Conference. So we decided to have a sleep over every night so we wouldn't have to be alone. Tuesday was the first night.
After dance we watched Gilmore Girls, caught up on our social media and then went to bed.


Wednesday

I had no motivation to work this week since I am sick, and so tired. But I also wanted to take one day off to spend it with Sarah. She's leaving way too soon. :( When I woke up, I decided not to go. I ended up sleeping til 10. It felt so great.

Her family has a huge garden. Right now they have a plethora of tomatoes and her mom asked her to make a tomato sauce while they were gone. We were quite domestic. It was quite the process but it was fun. Once the sauce was all finished, we went swimming for a little. The pool was a little too cold for me, and it was overcast out, but I got a faint little tan line. :)

That evening was my stake temple night. Elise joined Sarah and I at this point. Before the session, they had a little devotional in the chapel. Then our session was at 7:30. We didn't end up getting out til 9:45! All our friends were already in bed, EXCEPT Jason joined us for pizookies at BJs.


Thursday

I slept in once again. Eventually made it into work for a few hours.

Later that evening I had a date, and Sarah didn't want to be alone all night so she had people over. I was bummed I couldn't do both and got a lot of flack for "missing my bffs party".
The date was a good time though! We went bowling (both boys have passes and go every week so they creamed us), then went back to their house to play games. The night went by real fast because we were all so into the games. It was soon midnight and time to go home.
Sarah was a good mom waited up for me. :)


Friday

National Donut Day :) :)

Sarah and I went to Bosa first thing that morning. Next she needed to get some mission things done, so I went home for a bit. Around lunch time, we met up with Kel for lunch at our fav place-Pita Jungle. I think one of my favorite things in life are lunch dates.

That evening we went to the Lady Antebellum Concert.

This is the party crew. 


Colten, me, Katherine, Sydney, CariAnn, Sarah, Jason, Karin, Sarah and Lyndy. 

Maggie, Spencer, Paige and Haleigh all joined us later too! 




TBH, I was most excited for the first opener, Brett Young. He literally sang three songs...I was so bummed but he still delievered. 



Next was Kelsea Ballerini. 


I've seen her perform before but this concert was even more rockin. 
Also fun fact, she is engaged. 
Other fun fact she is 23! 

FINALLY Lady Antebellum came out. 
The played a good mix of both their first cd and their newer stuff. 
It was so fun singing and dancing our little hearts out. 

I could not sleep when we got home, so I was up til 2. 
It was a mix between starving, and being too wilded up. 
Maybe also a little bit of being the only one home and a little bit paranoid. 



Saturday

My friend Lyndy has been planning a trip to Flagstaff for her birthday for months. The Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course has been on "her list" forever. So we well went! Next are a ton of pictures so I'll skip to the rest of the day first. 
Our appointment was at 10:30, and we didn't end up finishing the course til 2:30. It was a loooong time being out in the sun. Thankfully I was by Colten the whole time who carried water for us all, but we were all beat by the end. Did I mention we started our day at 6? And ate breakfast at 6:30? 
We finally made it over to the cutest diner for lunch. It was called ...Owl. 
I was pretty beat driving home, but then we played this game called "forest". We were all wide awake by that point. 

As soon as I dropped everyone off, I drove straight to Soda Shop, came home to dinner (chick fil a), then went back to Lyndys for some final birthday festivities. I don't know the last time I felt so physically beat. I definitely wasnt taking care of my physical needs that day- no sleep, starving, not enough water, in the sun all day, physically challenging...


Kaysen, Lyndy, Sarah, me, Sandra, Torin, Mason, Colten and mama Hunt. 

















































I made it through 4 1/4 out of 5. 









CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top