February 5, 2017

Just in case anyone was wondering...my blog redesign was a total accident.. I wanted a new template, but it changed the whole format of the blog. So I had to change things around, but I am still happy with it.

I'm gonna tell you right off the bat, basically every night consisted of Taylor studying for his real estate test. His packets to study are out of this world. They are each around 500 questions, and he has at least 4 packets (that's just what i've seen). THAT IS A TON OF MATERIAL TO MEMORIZE. So every evening was mostly centered around studying. I was mostly his "break" and would quiz him after he'd review.



Monday
My family does a "fun" FHE the 5th Monday of every month. This week consisted of Kona Grill. :)
Taylor and I of course accepted the invitation. It was a good time!

Also it was the first Monday in like 6 months that i've gotten a real email from DJ AND we got to chat back and forth. Even greater news....only 161 days til he gets home :) :) :)



Tuesday

I calculated how many miles I drive a day..

House to school -- 4 miles
School to office -- 12 miles
Office to stahle abode  -- 19 miles
Stahle Abode to Taylor's House -- 7.5 miles
plus then back home -- 7.5 miles

Overall I drive 50 miles everyday


But if I got straight to Taylor's right after the office, it saves me like 14 miles. So whenever I can just go straight to his house after work, I do. Which typically means we eat out for dinner.


Today was one of those days I went straight, and we ate out. But it worked out because then he could study and I could bring him food. We have our 3 places we typically go.. In n Out, Chick Fil A, Mod Pizza. He opted for Chick fil A which I later found out he picked just for me, even though he had been there for lunch. (Heart eye emoji)


Tuesday= dance class. They have a dance performance coming up, but I already had tickets for a suns game, so I opted to sit this one out. Which meant I was in bed by 9 pm and it was glorious.





Wednesday

Remember my problem with the lease?? Well it's not over.
I was so concerned about getting the new lease generated because it was the 1st of the month!!! Which meant we needed to get the new girls on so I wasn't accountable for rent. Plus I just SO wanted it to be over.

Kathryn finally emailed us the new lease. Soon after I had a text from one of my roommates saying they KEPT US ON THE LEASE and she would not sign.
It was quite the ordeal. TBH, I don't feel like going into detail but we were at a conflict and neither side would budge.

It has now been 5 days and nothing new has come about, so i think we are finally finished.


That evening, Taylor introduced me to a new soda place in downtown gilbert- Fiiz Rocket. It's not like the other soda places (that I go to far too often). Instead it has a bunch of authentic bottles and different mixes of sodas. It's pretty vintage and cute!



Thursday

I left all my kitchen stuff at my old house for my roommates to use until I need them. Well I guess someone had a ton of stuff moving in, so I had to go haul it all out. Then take it to my storage unit that was a whole ordeal in itself.


Taylor has been hitting all my favorites this week-- Chick Fil A on Tuesday, Soda on Wednesday...today he treated me to my true favorite food place-- Costa Vida! Mmmmm.


Poor Taylor can never 100% study because everyone always needs him. Tonight was no exception. He drove to pick someone up from work (who ended up being frustrated from work and just rode his bike home anyway).




Friday

Everyday I look through my "Conrad" album on my phone. I was just really missing him and really sad that we don't see him grow. Plus of course, wishing Morgan could also live closer. Alie had mentioned earlier that week that if I bought a ticket for Utah over Spring Break, she'd buy one too. Spontaneously I looked up flights and saw how CHEAP they were. So I texted Morgan, made sure we could come, and then bought them! I was going to surprise Al when it got closer, but I was worried she saw some messages about it on my mom's ipad. So it's not a secret anymore but we are so excited to go up for a few days!!

Taylor is in the Elders Quorum Presidency and the Pres just got married. The groom happened to go to my high school, so I also (sorta) knew him. So we stopped by their reception for a little bit. I still think it's funny Taylor loves receptions and I kinda hate them.

Later that evening, we tried to watch a movie with his family, but I kept nodding off, so I tapped out and drove home.



Saturday

I had every intention to have a super productive day but when it came time to get up, I couldn't. I needed a "me" day. A slow morning. So I did just that. I laid in bed and watched Gilmore Girls until I HAD to get ready.

A new Fiiz opened by Mesa High and they had 1 dollar drinks. Alie and I drove over but the line was crazy long. So I ditched that idea and went to soda shop instead (which I like more anyway).
I also got Taylor something as an excuse to interrupt his studying for a baby bit.

I did eventually stop by the office to do some work.

That evening my parents had ward temple night so I "graciously" got dinner for us and the kids. We got Oreganos and it hit the spot. We also got pizookies, but they don't sell the ice cream as well... So after eating our food, taylor and I took a quick trip to Safeway to get some ice cream.

I think we were all in food comas the rest of the night.



Sunday


So Taylor got a new calling- Elders Quorum President.
I ended up staying all three hours of his church to support him (also got to see Elise teach temple prep) and then went to an hour of mine. I felt bad leaving my ward early since everyone was leaving for super bowl.

The evening consisted of food, trying to help Taylor study, distract the kids, watching the crazy comeback and more studying.




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top