Sunday
I interpreted for that relief society class like normal, but everyone was pretty emotional. A 5 year old girl in their ward fell out of a two story window the day before and was in very critical care. Emotions were high and everyone was praying for a miracle. It was sweet seeing the way everyone came together but definitely an emotional meeting.
Afterwards I went to my own ward for all three hours for the first time since like November (stake conference, out of town, sick, attending taylor's ward, Christmas, etc). It was also the week we had linger longer so it was vital I stayed to help prep everything. Although I dipped right when it was all ready.
Taylor and I ate dinner at my parent's house. It went pretty fast because we then had to go to my cousin Derrick's open house for his mission. He lives pretty far, so it was quite the trek. The highlight was seeing Syd (and Kenzie)! It was fun to catch up!
After, we went to our friend's game night. They played a game I'll call "noun". Everyone goes around the circle and picks a noun. The person that is "it" asks you a question and you have to answer with your noun. If you laugh, you become it. I did NOT want to be the one to ask questions, so I was strong and never laughed. Holler.
Monday
I drove all the way to the office after work, and then found out that there was no work for me. So I drove the 20 minutes back home, went for a run and got re-ready.
My landlord emailed me in the meantime and said we would not get our deposit back because our carpets were "trashed". Everyone was losing their mind because it was only basic wear and tare and homegirl was going to have to pay another deposit! I offered to pay 60-40 to get this to all end, but she refused.
Taylor has been studying for his real estate test, so he knew all about my rights. He was even more worked up than me and tried to convince me to fight it. I was ticked, but just kinda left it be for now.
That evening, FHE consisted of "poor man's tacos", which is basically steak, chili pepper, and salsa. They were pretty messy to eat. Haha.
Tuesday
While at work, my phone was being blown up from my roommates. They were all saying the landlord doesn't have the right, etc etc. One of my roommates was going to fight it, but they refused to talk to her until the following day (obviously planning what to say).
I decided I'd go down and talk to them after work. While looking up the address, I saw reviews for the company.... at least 5 PEOPLE SAID THEY DIDN'T GET THEIR DEPOSIT BACK FOR NO REASON. That was the tipping point that made everything flood. I was livid. Oh and they are all LDS so that made me even more disappointed in them.
I went down there (intending to stay calm and talk it out). I arrived and the girl at the desk told me homegirl would be back any minute, she was already on her way. Then said, oh, what's your name, I'll tell Kathryn you are coming. I said oh, I don't have an appt but my name is Lauren. A minute later front desk lady says, "oh, she says come back tomorrow. She won't be in for a long time." I said, "oh, i'll wait". She tried to convince me to come the following day, but I waited it out.
Sure enough she came in an hour later, and then made me wait another 20 minutes.
She was rude and just ticked me off more. We compromised that if i got the carpets cleaned and they looked better, we would get our deposit back **proving they are not DESTROYED just normal wear and tare.
The rest of the day got better...
I went to dinner with Elise, Madison and Catherine at Gecko Grill. They are all now in love with it as well and I feel very proud.
After, I went to Taylor's for an hour and a half before my dance class.
Dance was good-hip hop of course.
Then back to Taylor's because I supposedly don't care if I get any sleep.
Wednesday
Taylor took off work to study for the full day for his real estate test. I tried to be a good gf and brought In-N-Out, and then he was eventually ready for a break. He wanted to go to the Family History class, so we went. He is a rockstar at family history. After an hour of looking with no immediate result, I switched over to pinterest.
Thursday
My poor mother was super sick with the flu. She is never sick, so seeing her so helpless on the couch made my heart so sad. I was ready to take off work to take care of her all day.
Nate had a cross country match but neither of my parents could go, so Alie and I came in clutch. Unfortunately, it was freezing, especially waiting the extra hour since they were late. But fortunately, alie brought a nice big, cozy blanket with her.
Once we got back into town, we drove straight to Mod Pizza.
Then to his house so he could shower.
I crashed on the couch (already feeling so sore).
Sunday
I spent the day feeling like 80 years old. My body took a hard beating on that mountain. During church, whenever Taylor would touch my back/shoulder/leg etc, I would wince. The struggle was real.
His ward was great like always.
During church, I felt like I should go visit my grandma in the hospital. I told Taylor my plans and he opted to come.
Grandma update: She went on a cruise with my grandpa, and when they came back she was very weak and sick. Turns out she had pneumonia. She had it 2 years ago and nearly died, so we knew this was serious. Now on top of pneumonia, she has he flu. Poor thing. I can only imagine how awful she feels.
It was good to visit her though. As bonus, the UofA game was on the tv, and they won!
That evening, we went to Taylor's sisters house to celebrate Lexi's (his niece) birthday. She is a ball of sass, love and cuteness. We all adore her.
0 comments:
Post a Comment