When I got home from my trip, like always...
I got sick.. The day school started, I had a croup cough. I still went running because I desperately needed to after not really working out for 2 weeks. It ended up kinda killing me.
The next day my nose was a fountain. I was getting up to blow it at least every 3 minutes.
My mom was an angel and brought me some cold medicine along with cake and bought my lunch.
That night it all went down hill.
I had a high fever and felt awful.
The next morning I went to the doctor and found out I had a fever of 101 (that was after taking an advil too) plus pneumonia. So fun. Luckily I caught it early enough so the antibiotic could start working right away! I was pretty much dead to the world. I didn't even watch tv during the day, literally just laid there. When Taylor came over, I still mostly slept. Thank goodness I came back from the dead.
The Sunday I was sick, it happened to be the Jan CES Devo which is where Taylor and I met a year before. So naturally i wanted a picture even though I looked super fab.
While I was sick, i had a ton of time to think, so I started making life changes.
I finally set goals for the year.
The real change was in deciding to move back home.
I have been wanting to get out of my current housing situation for awhile.
But didn't want to start a new contract just yet.
Moving into my parent's house was the perfect alternative.
TBH, I was worried about losing my independence, and not being able to stay out as late as I want.
But I felt spiritually like this would be a very positive thing, so I took a chance.
Oh I should have also mentioned, one of the previous roommates decided to move out.
We found a replacement for her room, but there were still more girls interested.
So I decided if I could fill my room as well, then I'd be out.
If not, then no big, I'd stay.
Well after posting it on lds housing and jobs, a girl was interested within hours. I showed her the house the following day, set up a storage unit for my furniture and moved all my crap back in 3 short days. Shout out to Taylor for helping me take multiple trips to my parent's to move my stuff.
Extra shout out for moving my heavy furniture (also shoutout to Landon, mom and nate).
It sounds like all this went swimmingly well, but do not be deceived- the landlord has been an absolute nightmare. They are being unethical and the process literal hell.
I cannot wait for it all to be over. Hopefully by next week.
Other fun things that have happened....
Our couple friend, Chase and Chloe got married. Unfortunately Chase got strep the day of their wedding. Poor thing. Their reception was still a good time!
Taylor got to record some music with a group called Cinematic Pop. You may know the name, Rob Gardner? He wrote the Lamb of God (and a few others). He has a real ear for rearranging music. If you've never heard his cinematic pop songs, look them up on youtube.
Anyway, while Taylor was busy doing that, my aunt conveniently needed help with my autistic cousin, so I got a little extra spending money and got to hang out with my girl.
MLK Day wasn't too exciting. I slept in, decorated my room, and then helped Taylor clean out his garage. He ended up going to FHE, I did not. I don't remember what we did later that night though.
We spontaneously saw the movie Hidden Figures. It had all the feels. I would highly recommend to all.
We have now started an institute class again, so that's where you can catch us every Thursday.
How could i have almost forgotten about the election. Just for my own sake of looking back later, Donald Trump was elected President and people are losing their minds. I was very impressed with his speech. He had the same vision as our forefathers and it was very refreshing.


0 comments:
Post a Comment