February 27, 2017

Friday

I got 3 hours of sleep the night before, but once I could finally take a nap, I opted to hangout with Conrad instead. He is a little bit of a stinker and hates everyone except his parents.


The face he makes when we are trying to get him to smile. 

I have been kinda forcing him to be around me, but he still hasn't really budged. Well Morgan had to take a shower, so he was forced to be with Alie and I.
We got the brilliant idea of going outside- his fav, which then became a photo shoot. Haha.










We are still obsessed with him. 


The viewing 

I think Friday night was much harder emotionally than the actual funeral. Seeing her like that and knowing she wouldn't be around anymore.

Here's a somewhat funny story though... I have a cousin that has a cognitive disability. Anyway, he doesn't understand that my grandma has passed away (this is not the funny part, obviously). We have tried to explain it to him, but then when we say, where is grandma? he says, "in germany (she served a mission there 8 years ago), or the hospital. Here's the funny part. During the viewing, all of my grandma's kids stood in the line surrounding the casket. Well my cousin decided to join them. He stood right next to the casket and would tell people, "hi, im jaden. this is my grandma" (and would practice when he had a break). So he knew she was in the casket, but then when we would ask, where's grandma he would say, "in germany". He also asked Alison why she was crying. Haha.
He is just too innocent I guess. It was sweet and funny.

My aunt was so generous and brought dinner for us all. So we all snuck into the kitchen at some point of the night.

After the viewing was mostly finished, we went into the chapel to practice our musical number for the funeral. All the grandkids sang "As I Have Loved You" and then later in the program the granddaughters sang "Abide With Me".

When it was time to sing the granddaughter song, Alie and I took turns crying but by the end we were both a mess.

Later that evening, I went to Taylors and cried some more, then ended the night with Canes.




Saturday


I woke up somewhat early to help everyone else get ready.
It was a somewhat hectic morning. Taylor ended up having to do something for work before the funeral, but of course we had to be early, so he was scrambling and I was stressed. We did indeed make it right on time though!

When it was time for the family prayer, my uncle wasn't there yet. We were so concerned because it was out of character to just not be there. So Taylor took my car and the key to my uncle's house and drove go get him. We hoped he was just asleep at home, but there was also an accident on the freeway so we were concerned it was maybe him.
He was supposed to give the first talk- so they were trying to rework the program too.
The stress took away from the sadness a little bit.
He ended up arriving right after the prayer.

My dad gave a beautiful prayer and I honestly have no idea how he got through it.


The funeral talks about my grandma portrayed her so well. Her kids (my aunts and uncles) did such a good job relaying the kind of person she is. The place was PACKED. The seats went all the way to the stage, plus they streamed it in the Relief Society room.

Oh and my cousin Kate (currently serving in Ecuador) got permission to view the whole funeral on skype. She then stayed on skype for the burial, so I got to talk to her for a second on the phone. :)

Singing as the musical number and then later the closing number, it was a sweet sight to see all the people that came for my grandma. It brought tears to eyes.


Being a part of the family, we got to sit in the very front. Well Taylor went to get my uncle so now he was late. I still made him walk all the way up to the front and sit by me. He's a good boyfriend.




Shoutout to Conrad. The best distraction and could always bring a smile back. 




Taylor and I somehow beat the hearse to the grave site. So we weren't really sure where to go. We did find like 3 other little gatherings/parties though. Eventually everyone made it over.
This was also not my favorite part, nor pulling a flower from the casket. I kinda thought if I wouldn't pull one, it wasn't really happening..
All of this made me miss DJ too. I wished he was with us right now. Thank goodness he gets home in 5 months.



After the luncheon, everyone went home. Nate, Al and I got soda shop, picked up stuff for linger longer and then picked up KFC for dinner (grandma's fav).

Later that evening Al, Taylor and I went to my grandpa's to watch the UofA game with him. I convinced my mom to make salsa, and Morgan volunteered to make cookies.. comfort food right?
Unfortunately they lost and played pretty crummy, but BYU had an amazing game right after.





Sunday


Interpreted, per usual. I don't always leave feeling super great about my "work". Which is actually good because then I can gauge what I need to improve on, etc. This week, I left feeling really proud of my work! It felt good to leave on such a high note!

After I ran home, ate something real fast, and then went to my parent's ward to hear alie speak in church. This was her second time speaking on Family History (haha) but it's because she has such a good understanding and testimony of it. She rocks it at family history. She of course did a fabulous job on her talk- a good mix of doctrine and experiences.

I didn't pay much attention to the other two talks because Conrad was next to me, and there was another little 1 year old in front of us. Conrad is a little flirt and loved the girl. But he was kinda scared of her doll and it was hilarious.
I ended up going with mom to take them to the airport, but before they left, guess what! Conrad reached for me!!!! He wanted me to hold him!!!!!!! ABOUT FREAKIN TIME.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top