Monday--Day 1 of Valentines Week
TAYLOR PASSED HIS REAL ESTATE TEST!!!!!!
He texted me during my "prep" so I was lucky enough to be able to call him! We were both beaming with excitment!! We decided to celebrate with Carrabbas (also a pre Valentines dinner).
He has worked so hard to get to this point!! With his license, he can now help expand his dad's business! It is all around, a wonderful thing!
After dinner, we headed over to the suns game.
Also shoutout to loverboy for filling up my gas and cleaning the windshield! So nice of him. :)
The suns game was so much fun!! I love when sporting events play music the whole time and they did just that. Plus it was a good game, even though we lost!
There is a guy named Scott that works for the Suns Sales.
He decided to hook up the YSAs and create a multi-stake night.
The tickets were super cheap and all grouped in 3 sections.
Here's the real highlight.
After the dance, we got to go on the court for a dance
and on the practice court for games.
Taylor and I actually dipped when the game ended but what a cool activity!
Tuesday--Valentines Day (Day 2)
It was a little rough. There was so much good (which I'll get to), but let's get the bad out of the way.
On Sunday, we found out that my grandma has blood clots on her arm and lungs. That is serious stuff. When we found that out, my mom let all of her siblings know they should probably go see her this week...
I decided to ditch the office and go see her. Especially if time is of the essence.
During school, I felt like I could cry at the drop of a hat. Even just thinking about it brought instant tears.
I called mom during lunch and she told me grandma is doing worse (I wasn't sure how that was possible). She also said her white blood count was down (or maybe up, i can't remember) which means she has an infection. All around, just not good. I was walking into barros and that's the only thing that kept my tears at bay. As soon as I started driving back to the school, the floods came. I was going to ask if I could just leave work early but then I realized my backpack was still in the classroom, so either way I'd have to pull myself together. So I stayed.
I eventually made it over to the hospital. As I was walking up, I tried to take deep breaths and compose myself but as soon as I saw my grandma, the floods came. She looked miserable. She couldn't even open her eyes. My doctor uncle said her lungs have been working so hard, its equivalent to running 3 marathons.
My grandpa was the only other one there, and he didn't know what to do with me. Grandma eventually went to get a CT for her lungs, and so grandpa and I chatted. It was good for me to have a second to compose myself.
When she came back, it was much better. I grabbed her hand again, and she opened her eyes. She was trying to tell us stuff, and was more responsive. I got to tell her I love her and am praying for her.
It was hard seeing her like that but i'm really happy i went.
The good...
Mom made her traditional pink heart pancakes for breakfast
The elementary school had a party
Nate had a cross country match against my cousin Tess. It was a big family affair and a lot of my cousins came to support the 2 and then after we went to In n Out. Taylor came too of course.
After the match, we stopped by mom house so I could give Taylor his gift. He insisted on meeting there before going to his sisters. Which I thought was weird he wanted to come, but it worked to my benefit, so I also didn't really think anything of it. I went into my room to get his card, but to my surprise....
He decorated it with streamers, balloons and post-it love notes. It was so sweet. He also had flowers on my night stand.
One of my first thoughts though was - crap my room was messy. Then soon wondered how and WHEN he came over. I was just home in between the hospital and school. He worked it out with my mom and timed it just right!
It was such a nice surprise!
After we stopped by his house, saw his sister and her kids, then went to his other sister's house so they could have time away from their kids.
I'd have to say Taylor and I make a nice duo. Especially taking care of 7 kids that are all hyped up (but need to get ready for bed).
Wednesday
My student had early release, which makes the day go by real fast.. After she left, I headed over to the high school, hung out til 5th hour started, interpreted a class and then finally got lunch.
*********************************************************************************
The next part is pretty personal. I'm documenting for my sake, but feel free to read. Just a forewarning.
I was at Taylor's house and I got a call from my mom. I was worried but wasn't for sure if it was what I thought. She said grandma had blood in her lungs and said she was done. She didn't want the doctor to repair it. I instantly thought of Alie and knew she would want comfort. I drove home so fast, crying the whole way. I already rehearsed in my head what I would say if I got pulled over.
Alie, Nate and I cuddled on the couch and cried. My dad eventually came in. We said a family prayer and all wept some more.
We then talked about the blessing she is. How lucky we are to live so close and how often she came over. I later found out that they were taking off her oxygen mask and sedating her to help her pass. We cried some more and then my dad sent the kids to bed.
We emailed DJ's mission president to ask what the protocol is on telling DJ. He responded and said he would call him when it actually happens. My hearts BREAKS for dj and my other cousin on a mission.
I wanted to wait for my mom to come home, so I did some laundry (mourning for my mom and just wanted to help), unloaded the dishwasher with alie, and then just laid in bed. I probably got 3-4 hours of sleep.
To be honest, I had a feeling a few weeks back that she would pass and I needed to go visit her. I had this impression in church. I was about to leave, but felt like it could wait until church was over. I'm so happy I went. I got to talk and laugh with her while she was still responsive.
Thursday
I woke up and had no texts from my mom. She said she still hadn't passed. Also said I could come to the hospital since I was NOT going into work. I said "no thank you". That did not sound fun.
I made sure al and nate got up for school. Then decided I should go. I wanted to and needed to.
I just kept crying anyway. I took food orders and drove over. I ugly cried the whole way.
Side note: when I decided to stay home, I realized someone could break into my house (in addition to the two earlier this week) and I would probably be toast. I started making a game plan. I also prayed for protection on my house and on me. I felt at peace. But going was a good idea..
Additional side note, around 8, my neighbor saw someone snooping around the neightborhood. Probably a good thing I left.
I was surprised how at peace everyone (joanne, janice, tom, grandpa, and mom) was. I was the one crying the most.
Her heart rate was up for awhile. She was pretty stable.
My mom and her siblings planned the funeral since they were up all night. They wrote the obituary and figured out all the details. It was exactly what my grandma would have done. My grandpa was so sad she wasn't involved in planning like she usually would.
We discussed turning down the oxygen so we wouldn't prolong it, but my grandpa lovingly said, he didn't want her to think we are impatient.
The nurses came in and it all happened so fast. Her numbers got low. I stepped outside because I knew I couldn't bare to watch her actually pass. I sat outside the room on the floor. I guess a hospital is a good place to weep because the nurses are all used to it. My aunt's friend came and sat with me. It was actually pretty comforting.
She passed peacefully. We all stayed for an hour. It was sacred.
I eventually called morgan. We both wept.
I got home and alie was there. She didn't ask so I didn't tell.
People have been flooding my mom and family with love. We might have meals for the rest of our lives.

0 comments:
Post a Comment