February 23, 2017

Friday

I went back to work. I did NOT want to, but I knew i kinda had to. I was still pretty emotionally checked out. I felt pretty heavy all day.

When I got home, Al, mom and I all laid in my bed and cried. To lighten the mood and make ourselves feel a little better- we decided we would go shopping for a new dress for the funeral. So we planned a shopping trip with my aunt for the following day at Chandler mall.


That evening, Taylor and I decided to see Moana. I hadn't seen it, and it was FINALLY at the dollar theater. Al also happened to be home, so we invited her to come along too.
TBH, I didn't LOVE it like everyone else- but that could also be because of my emotional state.
I also realized I don't really like the movie theaters. I feel like I can't really relax and I am just counting down til I get to leave. Maybe because I don't like having to sit still?

After the movie, we bought a tub of popcorn to bring home for mom, and then stopped at soda shop because why not.



Saturday

Our shopping trip.

We started at Dillards, then Macys.
Both stores had kinda the same thing- dresses that were cap sleeve, no sleeve, or not my size. The struggle was real. I was also being kinda picky because I wanted a white dress.
Mom was the only one who found something.

Al and I ended up getting separated and had to wait for them. We ended up online shopping..on our phones.. in the mall..

We went to a few other stores, but of course when you are shopping for a specific thing and not just shopping for fun, it becomes a million times harder.
I'll be honest, I was pretty frustrated.


When we came home, I ended up buying a dress online as did Al.


SHER WAS IN TOWN!!!!!!! Taylor and I only ended up going over to see her for an hour and a half based on how our schedules matched up but I was happy I got to see her and Tom.




Sunday


Taylor got to give a talk. Tbh, I have been wanting to hear him speak in church for awhile but I didn't want to throw him under the bus. So I was pretty excited when he got asked to speak.
He rocked it of course. Plus I got to look at him the whole time ;)

Can i be honest and tell you a funny story? RIGHT when Taylor got up to speak, this kid that was on the end of my row scooted over next to me, because his friend was coming to sit down. I looked over and it happened to be someone I previously dated. How ironic that his friend would save him a seat right next to me. We were of course very adult like, and civil but it was pretty funny. I'm sure he was laughing as much as I was.


#ReliefSociety


I had to leave Taylor's church early to be visit taught.. Then went on to my last ward to interpret. It ended up being his ward conference. Which is always kinda hard because there are a million sustaining of names i don't know, and the person is reading over the list quickly without really making it clear who is called to what. So fingerspelling each name is a challenge. But I always think of it as fingerspelling practice.

My family has received a lot of food from the ward, so my mom decided to have all her brothers and sisters and my grandpa over for dinner. It was pretty sad having everyone there but my grandma.




Monday


HOLIDAY. HOLLER.

I initially planned to get up early, go running, and then go out to breakfast with Taylor after his morning class. Well I had zero motivation, but it worked out because we ended up exercising together instead. We went to discovery park along with everyone else in gilbert. We did our usual mile run, then ran up the hills, and a few other little workouts.

I cursed myself. Sunday night, I went to bed thinking, I am so proud of my body. If someone gets sick, I always get it. This time, I have been around my sick mom, aunt and student but have held out strong. Lo and behold, I woke up with a cold. My workout ended up being modified but I still went nonetheless.

After I ran home, showered, put on makeup and then went out to lunch with my girl Elise. We went to a Thai food place and got the lunch special so that was a bonus. It's always good to catch up with her. Love her.

I spent a few hours just laying in bed, but not able to fall asleep. I eventually got ready, and went back to Taylors. For Fhe they watched an old pioneer movie and then had pizza and DELICIOUS brownies with marshmallows and frosting on top.

Coldeezes. Have you ever heard of them? Taylor's family swears by them. It's supposed to get rid of your cold so fast. I loaded up on them and we will see what happens.




Tuesday


Morgan is in town!!!!! They got here around 7!!! Unfortunately by the time I got home, Conrad was asleep.

Since morgan is in town, I gave up my bed and took the couch. This ended up not being good for anyone...I want to beat this stupid cold, so I tried to go to sleep early. Except I was sleeping in a central area where everyone was loud and didn't care to keep me up. Which meant I was cranky. I probably woke up just about every hour.



Wednesday

Fortunately, there was no a hour, so I got to see conrad before I left (he woke up early enough). Unfortunately he only likes Morgan and cries if any of us even touch him.

For the past like month, there has been little to do at the office. Today that was NOT the case. I was kinda overwhelmed with all the jobs everyone wanted me to do. I eventually realized some would have to wait for the following day.

When I came home, Mom was ordering Gecko Grill so that was exciting! We LOVE that place.
While waiting for the food to be ready, we all sat around the couch and tried to play with Conrad. I convinced him to let me hold him by giving him my phone (he gets zero technology at home so you can imagine how effective this was).

After eating, I ran over to my aunt's to try to curl her hair to see if she wanted it curled for the funeral. I also tried to teach her how to do it herself, but she is scarred now from burning herself twice. I thought it turned out super cute!

Once again, tried to go to sleep early, everyone was up talking, took Nyquil  and still stayed up an extra hour.




Thursday


My student didn't end up showing up..Which really is karma because the day before she said, "haha you're sick" and the next day she was home with a fever.

So I got sent to the high school. I got there when 2nd hour already started, so I had a prep and then was given a schedule for the rest of the day. During prep, I talked with the other interpreters that were also on prep. It ended up being quite the hour...One was crying because of ex-husband issues. Then shortly after, a pregnant interpreter started having contractions and feeling vertigo. She left for the hospital and I took over her schedule for the day.
I always enjoy being at the high school and around all the other interpreters and the fun teenagers.

The office kept me busy once again. When I left, I realized I was now going to be on a time crunch.
I ate super fast, shaved, got reready, got my stuff ready for the evening and then drove to institute. I was 5 minutes late, but I made it. Taylor and I can never make it to our class, but I finally decided to just go on my own. I was so glad I did.
I also saw 3 people I knew and made a new friend, so I'd call it a success.

I left 5 minutes early (5 minutes late, and left 5 minutes early...smooth), and headed over to Taylors.
We signed up to clean the gilbert temple from 9:15-11:45.

To be honest, it has kinda been a dream of mine to clean the temple. In 7th grade, one of my friend's parents cleaned the mesa temple, and I thought that was the coolest thing. Like what an honor. When my stake was asked to do it, Taylor and I jumped on the opportunity.

We got to the temple around 9:05, and there was quite the line. We had to sign in and then get scrubs (we brought our temple suit, dress not knowing we didn't need it). By the time everyone was situated and had a "job" it was 10:15.
Taylor and I were lucky ducks!! We got to clean the chandelier in the middle of the brides' room. We cleaned every single individual crystal. That also meant we were on a huge ladder! It was such a neat experience.

We didn't leave our areas til 11:45, then got dressed, waited in the waiting room with everyone, and then had to all walk out at the same time since the gates were locked. So we didn't really leave til 12:20 ish so I got home around 1.

I'm going to be real with you though. I had the WORST cramps the whole time, and so I couldn't completely enjoy it completely. I kinda wanted to just curl up in a ball. Nonetheless, it was still really neat.






PS. Look at both of these BREATHTAKING arrangements. 
One was from people in my parents ward
and the other from my neighborhood









CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top