October 31, 2016

Tucson Trip


I am always looking for an excuse to go to Tucson to visit my roomies and the few people that are still there from my dayz. There was the big institute halloween dance, so I figured that was a good enough excuse. Sadly, Sydney and Derrick were heading back to the valley that night, but they are champs and still planned to come to the dance for a bit.

When I got into town, I met up with Derrick for dinner at the Tucson Tamale. Neither of us had been there and it's a tucson must!


We took this picture for my gma since it's her fave. 


We eventually met up with everyone else to drive over to the dance. Derrick drove his two gfs and Syd drove with me. It was between a 30-40 minute drive, so it was a bit out there. At one point my maps ended, and apparently so did all of the other mormons that also pulled over at the same time. We all found it though, thanks to google maps! I felt like I should text Derrick and Olivia and tell him to use google maps, but I figured he would figure it out. But I did text Olivia. 

We danced for a few songs, and then decided to get a picture with the OG 1320 beezies. 



While we were taking our picture, Derrick called me. Turns out his truck was stuck in a hole. 
 I told him to drop me a pin, then I ran and got Steph (knowing her car was bigger). 
We thought with Syd, Steph and I we could probably push them out of the hole. Jacob came along too, so now we for sure should be fine, right?



We were quite the team..
We moved it from one hole to the next. Haha. 
They had driven off the paved road, onto a dirt road, 
which really looked like it used to be the home to a creek. 
Steph's car for sure couldn't have made it back without also getting stuck. 
We tried pushing, sitting on the bed of the truck...everything. 
We called triple A but they couldn't do anything because we were too far off the paved road. STUPID. 

It wouldn't have been as big of a deal that we were stuck, but Syd had to get back to see her newly returned missionary!! Steph and I were on plan b, 
considering just having me drive her back to the valley. 

We had them announce at the dance, and ask if anyone had a truck. 
Jared Turley responded to our cry, the same time a mutual friend with a jeep came. 
Praise!! 

They got the car out of the hole, but then it ended up getting stuck in a tree. 
After two whole hours, the truck finally got out. 
The poor side of his truck was super scratched from the tree...

Syd and Derrick still drove home even though it was 11ish. 


The rest of us went back to the dance so they could get their picture together (duh) 
and to get my keys! 


The rest of the night was spent at In-n-Out and watching some youtube videos. 



Saturday 


Steph and I were both used to waking up early, so we still woke up around 7-8 even though we went to sleep around 2. We didn't care to get up and get ready right away. Just that perfect Saturday morning where you lay in bed and talk and browse social media. 

We eventually got ready and went to Walmart. I wanted more UofA clothes and she needed groceries so it was perfect. 
Then we went to our traditional baggins for lunch. :) 



The rest of my day was pretty boring.... I went to dinner that night with the family at Gecko Grill, and then went home and went to sleep at 9:00! It was the best gift to myself. Haha. 





Sunday


I didn't have to interpret and didn't have any meetings. It was so great. I got ready for real, and had plenty of time to do whatever I wanted. 

Church was good. The usual. 

One of my brother's friends, Manny usually comes for dinner on Sundays but today HE feed US and the sister missionaries in his ward. He made us yummy mexican food (which I am always down for). 


Right when I was done eating I bolted to the stake center for the fireside. It ended up being the stake presidency and their wives talking about dating/marriage. It was quite cute hearing all their stories! 



Monday

HALLOWEEN. 

TBH, I don't really care for Halloween. I could do without. Maybe in part because I am just so not creative and so I don't care to dress up. But it is nice for working purposes- a more chill/fun day! 

I wasn't even going to dress up, but last minute decided to wear my gorilla hunter shirt. The only problem was that my leggings were dirty. So I was on a time crunch to hurry and wash them before it was time for the dance. 

I wanted those football black lines under my eyes, but they were NOT working out. They were not in line, and I was being a total diva, sorry mom. We eventually got them good enough, and I literally ran to the park to get my car. 

Olivia and I went to the Tempe/Gilbert Stake dance. It was outside at some field, which was actually nice to accommodate the millions of people there. We mostly just danced in our own little spot by the DJ. 
At one point, this kid was laying down on the ground. I kinda thought he was being dramatic. Turns out something was wrong and they called a fire truck. Oooops! 

The dance ended at 9, but I was still fired up. Even after showering, going through ALLLLL the social media and laying down, I still had too much energy. So naturally I ate ice cream in bed (at 11) and watched New Girl. #adulting. Happy Halloween and Goodbye October!

I made it out without any scary movies!! That's a WIN! 




CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Im so sad I missed you in Tucson! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming back down in December for Steph and Syd's graduation party!! HOPEFULLY I'll catch you then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better chica!! haha if not Ill have to break into Mesa so we can party.

      Delete

Back
to top