Sunday
Most the day was spent on the plane/lay overs. I didn't make it to church so I figured I would go to the fireside. Well it ended up getting cancelled. So zero church for me. When I made it to my house, I unpacked, showered and laid on my bed for a good half hour. The only thing that got me up was hunger.
That evening I was wide awake and needed to do something! Luckily someone from my ward texted me and invited me to a game night. We played a game where you have to act something out- my forte. The next game was a drawing game (telestrations) -my weakest "talent". I left after the first round, lolz.
Monday
The teachers had parent teacher conferences all week which meant early release!!!! Holler!!! We got out at 1:55, which meant after lunch there was only one hour left! So nice. Plus that also meant I got to the office earlier and could leave earlier.
When I got home I made Nate go on a run with me. Well he is a track star, so he was of course so far ahead. I wasn't wearing my contacts, so at some points I couldn't even see him. Luckily we both made it back alive!
For FHE we were told we would be playing "sitting volleyball". Luckily it required no skill. You just had to sit there and hit the ball over the net. You could also use your feet which came in handy. My kind of "sport".
Tuesday
Funny story..There is a newer teacher that works in the same grade I interpret for. One of the other teachers asked me, "hey did you know (new teacher) before? I was like noooo? Am I missing a connection. She said, well you're both mormon. HAHA. I guess there are a lot of connections, but it's funny she assumed I knew her.
I finally went to the dance class again. I seriously debated, but I went. Amongst arriving, I found out they had a halloween show on Monday. She asked if I wanted to be in their dance in the show. So I went for it and learned it in 1 hour and a half! I was so pumped to perform even though the concert was super low key. I left the class with my windows down, straight jamming. Sometimes I don't know how i made it home
Wednesday
We had a pro in our dance we had to add, so we had a short 40 minute practice. #thankgoodness. I for sure needed it to review. That's all I can remember about Wednesday.
Thursday
Earlier this year Elise and I were so good at going to the temple every week. I somehow fell behind and haven't been in a month. Ooops. We finally went and it felt so good to be there again.
After our session we went to Mod Pizza and then stayed and talked until it closed at 10!
Friday
Easter Pageant is coming up and the auditions were Friday and Saturday. I seriously debated about whether or not to try out for a 10 virgin. I eventfully came to the conclusion that I would rather interpret (I was asked a month ago to interpret it), so that was decided! Plus I just barely started dancing again, so maybe next year when I've danced more; ill be ready!
Since I didn't try out, it cleared up my schedule to go to Kel's birthday dinner at RA! I was an idiot and habitually ate when I got home, so I wasn't super hungry. But I still ate some sushi, don't you worry. I only see Kelley every few months, so it's always nice when we have an excuse to get together and catch up. She will always be a dear friend of mine.
After dinner I met up with Elise, Madison, 2 of their other friends, Payson and Cody. The plan was to watch Jack Reacher so we could see the new one on Saturday. When I got there, they were all being cute and all fall(sy) and carving pumpkins. Around 11 we finally decided to watch the movie. So it was a late night. Haha.
Saturday
Nate had his Eagle Project!! He is only 13, so I'd say he is a ROCKSTAR! It happened to fall on "national service day" so there was a great turn out. People would literally drive by, stop and help. Good day for an eagle project!!
My job was taking pictures so I got off the hook. I didn't have to do any real work.
While I was at Nate's I saw on facebook that my stake had a stake service project. So I ran home, showered and headed over. I got there near the end, but they still had to take the kits for the refugees over to Phoenix and unload. So that was my contribution.
On the drive back, this kid was talking about all these trips he goes on EVERY weekend.
It gave me the travel bug again.
During the eagle project, sometime texted me and asked if I would interpret a post funeral- celebration of life. Tbh, I didn't really want to. It sounded depressing, but I said I would.
It was at a house in faaaaaaar east mesa.
When I got there, everyone was smoking out front.
So I went inside and talked with "grandma" until the deaf people showed up.
They were playing LOUD screaming music with the F word every few words
plus everyone with a beer in hand.
I was sad for the people there. That was their only way of coping.
I ended up waiting 20 minutes and then the lady told me they didn't need me anymore. #cool.
I had some time before I had to meet up with friends. So instead I went to my parents-naturally.
I convinced my mom to get Costa Vida for us all. I needed my weekly fix, of course.
Around 8:30 ish I met up with my friends to see Jack Reacher 2.
Luckily it was not as gory as the first.
But I still closed my eyes quite a bit.
Sunday
BUUUUUUSY DAY.
Interpreted stake conference 9-11,
Ran my linger longer food to the church
Randon Carroll's farewell 12:30
Elise's talk
my own ward
The stake conference was actually somewhat exciting. I teamed with the "client's" husband who is like a legend. I was pumped to work with him.
Randon rocked his farewell but I unfortunately had to leave early to catch Elise's talk. Plus his church building was way out in Chandler.
My friend Elise was speaking in her ward and invited me to come. She is a teacher, so she had a natural way of addressing the crowd/congregation. She had me laughing and feeling all the feels. She did so good. They ended up going over in their sacrament meeting, so by the time I made it to my ward, it was the last 10 minutes of Relief Society. I had to help set up for linger longer during sunday school so I didn't really go to any classes. Good thing I went to a million hours of church beforehand.
That evening I wasn't feeling like going to any game nights. My friend Landon offered the perfect alternative- watching the Cardinals game. It was a good game, AND I learned they can end in a tie!!! Who knew??
Monday
The high school had a college fair all day. I scored and got to go on a field trip with my student and the deaf students from the junior high as well. Here's the real bonus, another interpreter volunteered to interpret so I got to just sit and talk with my friend Olivia. So great. By the time we made it back to the school, it was time for lunch, then there was only 2 hours left. Holler!!!
I didn't go into the office because I had a mini halloween performance I had to get ready for. I also got a much needed car wash, although i was sure it was going to rain.
The performance was at an outside amphitheater, so it was really low key. But it was fun to perform again. I forgot the hype and adrenaline that comes with it! But that evening when I got home, I felt like my body was 50 years old- my feet and knees hurt. Also when my dad saw me after the performance he said, "oh you're wearing makeup". Hahaha. I guess I've been super lazy with my very minimal makeup recently. Haha.
Tuesday
I never schedule things over my food/eating time, but that kinda happened on Tuesday. So you know it was a busy day. I worked at the office kinda late, then was visit taught, then had a tithing settlement. I had the dance class at 8:30, but I wasn't about to wait til 10 to eat. Luckily my parents house is on the way to the dance class, so I grabbed some food on the way.
We ended up doing a contemporary piece that has since left my neck super sore. I was super nervous about doing a real dance (hip hop you can kinda fake it) but it ended up being the best thing ever! I was surprised I could still turn, leap and all.
Wednesday
I knew my student wasn't coming, but I still had to go and wait the 15 minutes. I texted my supervisor and she said she would send me to the high school or junior high. I ended up having an hour and a half of prep time/free time while she figured it out. SO NICE. I was tempted to take a soda run but figured that wasn't honest since i was still "on the clock".
Impatient Car Selfie
I got to work with my work BFF olivia 2 times, so that was a treat.
I forgot my lunch at my normal school so i was forced to pick up something for lunch. I was on a major time crunch and I was STRESSING. I thought I would for sure be late but I had to eat because I was starving. Luckily I made it back with just enough time.
That evening, Melissa and I went to institute. I haven't seen her since MAY so we had A LOT to catch up on. We didn't really know which class we wanted to attend, but then I happened to run into Brother Richardson (Syd, my old roommate's dad). So of course we went to his class.
We are super late in the semester, so a lot of it was kinda over my head. The title of the class is something like ancient church somethin. I eventually figured out what they were talking about...Haha. Brother Richardson is just so KNOWLEDGABLE.








0 comments:
Post a Comment